Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaked raw footage from the new Superman! Apparently Spiderwoman does a crossover in it!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A terrible upshot to this all is that Gunn has supposedly (my friend said he read it) won't be able to put out Peacemaker season 2 until at least 2025. That's beyond stupid with arguably their most successful recent property. If you're that busy that you're going to be that backed up, you pass it on. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A terrible upshot to this all is that Gunn has supposedly (my friend said he read it) won't be able to put out Peacemaker season 2 until at least 2025. That's beyond stupid with arguably their most successful recent property. If you're that busy that you're going to be that backed up, you pass it on. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!
That blows.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really would like something fresh and exciting to come out of DC, but Black Adam and now Blue Beetle seem like odd choices to bet on when characters like Lobo seem to be languishing in nowheresville. I was pleasantly surprised with the most recent Suicide Squad and the Peacemaker series, but even those fairly successful IP's seem like they are being pushed aside in favor of these lesser-knowns, IMO.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I really would like something fresh and exciting to come out of DC, but Black Adam and now Blue Beetle seem like odd choices to bet on when characters like Lobo seem to be languishing in nowheresville. I was pleasantly surprised with the most recent Suicide Squad and the Peacemaker series, but even those fairly successful IP's seem like they are being pushed aside in favor of these lesser-knowns, IMO.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but based on fandoms I've encountered online (I have memberships to a couple of comic book-based forums), Teth-Adam and Jaime Reyes are at least a couple of rungs above the DC hierarchy than Lobo is or has ever been.

Sure, he has dedicated fans since he is a quirky, edge-lord type of character, but his main schtick is a villain who can stand up to Superman when Clark forgets he has super speed.

Both Blue Beetle and Black Adam have joined a version of the Justice League at points, and BB has been in other iconic DC teams.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but based on fandoms I've encountered online (I have memberships to a couple of comic book-based forums), Teth-Adam and Jaime Reyes are at least a couple of rungs above the DC hierarchy than Lobo is or has ever been.

Sure, he has dedicated fans since he is a quirky, edge-lord type of character, but his main schtick is a villain who can stand up to Superman when Clark forgets he has super speed.

Both Blue Beetle and Black Adam have joined a version of the Justice League at points, and BB has been in other iconic DC teams.

That's fine. Even as a kid when I was heavy into comics, DC was always my distant second choice to the Marvel Universe. You could very well be correct about the general fan consensus. I do seem to recall hearing that Lobo was Stan Lee's favorite DC character but that could just be urban legend.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose