The tugboat signs!

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Glad for Marcel

Cardinals | Shipp re-signs
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:22:43 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have re-signed free agent RB Marcel Shipp to a three-year contract.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad for Marcel

Cardinals | Shipp re-signs
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:22:43 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have re-signed free agent RB Marcel Shipp to a three-year contract.

Awesome! :thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much he signed for before I can get excited. I think he did fine as a back up last year and for the right price is worth it.

Did I just hear K9's head explode?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Good signing! One less hole to fill. I, for one, was not comfortable with J.J. as the backup.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Where are all the people who said that he'd be offered a starting job with another franchise?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipp, Milligan re-sign with Cardinals

You must be registered for see images
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For Arizona's free agents Click Here
    [*]For free agency release Click Here
    [/FONT]
Tempe, AZ -- The Arizona Cardinals Football Club announced that running back Marcell Shipp and safety/special teams standout Hanik Milligan have both agreed to terms on three-year contracts to remain with the organization. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

Shipp (5-foot-11, 232 pounds) has appeared in 71 games (29 starts) with 590 carries for 2,156 yards and 10 touchdowns over the past six seasons with the Cardinals after originally signing as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Massachusetts in 2001. He also has 109 receptions for 912 yards and three touchdowns receiving during his tenure in Arizona.

Last season, Shipp appeared in 15 games for the Cardinals, carrying the ball 17 times for 41 yards and four touchdowns as a backup to Edgerrin James. He scored a career-high three rushing touchdowns against the St. Louis Rams on Dec. 3 despite carrying the ball only seven times in the game.

Milligan (6-3, 200) appeared in all 16 games in 2006 for the Cardinals after being claimed off of waivers from the San Diego Chargers on Sept. 3. He finished the season second on the team (to Aaron Francisco) with 22 special teams tackles.

Originally a sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall) by the Chargers in 2003 out of Houston, Milligan was with San Diego for three seasons, including in 2005 when he was named to the Pro Bowl as a special teams needs player after leading the Chargers with 21 special teams tackles. [/FONT]

seesred

Reaction score
I would love to see Marcel get 10 touches a game, that would lighten the load on the Edge. He is a strong guy and still young enough with a great attitude, glad he is back.

GBR

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shipp is the ultimate team player. I am estatic we re-signed him. I ahve been waiting for a coach to treat him right the way he should have been treated. Congrats Marcell you're a true class act.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison