• Kevin Garnett (2004)

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As a Western Conference rival, which potential free-agent acquisition by the Spurs scares you the most? I read somewhere (can't remember where) about the possibility that they'll sit on their money and wait for Garnett.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be absolutely shocked if they save all that money hoping for Kevin Garnett. Duncan and Garnett together surrounded by some role players would make San Antonio the clear-cut best team in the NBA. I don't think there is anyway would ever actually happen though.

If I were the general manager of San Antonio I would get Brad Miller and a nice back up big man this summer. A top-notch shooter would be nice also.

Joe Mama

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Joe Mama - not likely they'll get Garnett, but if they did, oooh boy watch out!

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They don't need Jason Kidd.
Parker is 9 years younger and he is quickly improving.

Neither J.O'Neal nor Duncan wants to play C.

If I was SAS's GM then I would simply sign a C (Brad Miller or Nesterovic about 6-7 mil.) and re-sign Stephen Jackson (about 4 mil.).

Champions don't need big changes.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I think O'Neal would just make them ridiculously scary. They don't need a true center because Duncan or O'Neal could guard most centers. That would be such an athletic and talented front court and they're both still plenty young. Those two along with Parker and Jackson and Ginoboli would be the next dynasty.

adam

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd definitely side with Joe Mama - Brad Miller and a savvy vet or two. (Steve Smith is pretty much dead weight and Ferry hasn't been much help this year. Willis and Kerr are very near the end of their careers, too.) Save their money to make sure they can re-sign their young guns. Jermaine or Kevin might make them scarier if all worked out for the best but they also might bring out chemistry problems or difficulties in keeping Rose, Parker, Genobili and Jackson.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I dont think that there would be chemestry problems no matter who winds up in SA. Winners just dont have "chemestry problems". Players complain when teams are loosing, because they feel they could make the difference, but when you are winning, everyone just enjoys it for the most part. BTW I call the whole Shaq-Kobe fiasco a year or two ago Drama, not chestry problems.

I think the only way KG will leave Minny is with a sign and trade. He wouldnt completely screw over the team, because he does like it there, he just isnt sure if he could win. If he does walk, I see him doin what Grant Hill did when he left Detroit.

I think they will make a serious run for O'neal. That frontcourt would be impressive, actually unstoppable. If that doesnt pan out, I think they will be able to land multiple FAs, like a B. Miller and Lamar Odom? Maybe Magette? It doesnt really matter, because they are in the finals right now, and they can add another max FA. Greg Poppovich is the smartest/luckyest GM in the league right now.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One problem with Jermaine O'Neal is that he and Duncan like to play in the same space. It would be great, but I'm not sure it would be worth $13 million per season. It's like Jason Kidd. He would definitely improve the team, but it isn't worth $15 million per season.

The nice thing about Brad Miller is that he can step out and drain that 15 ft. jump shot consistently. He is also an excellent passer. I would think he could be convinced to go to the NBA champions for around $6-7 million. However he might have reservations about playing in the Western Conference.

They could also probably get Kandi for $4-6 million per season.

At least this off-season's free agency should be more exciting than last season's.

Joe Mama

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Popovic is the president of the basketball operations, or whatever the official title is.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Graham wrote, "Winners just dont have "chemestry problems".

Thats true expecially if you wait till the season's over so you know who the winner is and then say, 'They won so obviously they don't have chemistry problems.'

"If he does walk, I see him doin what Grant Hill did when he left Detroit." (speaking about Garnett leaving the Wolves)

You think Kevin will ruin an ankle if he plays for someone else?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by Errntknght
Graham wrote, "Winners just dont have "chemestry problems".

Thats true expecially if you wait till the season's over so you know who the winner is and then say, 'They won so obviously they don't have chemistry problems.'

"If he does walk, I see him doin what Grant Hill did when he left Detroit." (speaking about Garnett leaving the Wolves)

You think Kevin will ruin an ankle if he plays for someone else?

I am not talking a bout just championshiop teams, but when a team in general succeeds up to or beyond their expectations, there are rarely incidents. This years suns is a good example, they did much better than most media predictions, and are a tight nit group. This is almost the exact same group as 2 seasons ago however, who had many problems with each other. Sure people talked things out, but when the team wins, egos usually come second.

I was more of tlaking about agreeing to a sign and trade, plus hill ruined his ankle before he left :D I did laugh at the joke though, pretty funny