The Official Brighton and Hove Albion Thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a blame the refs guy, but Brighton absolutely got jobbed by the refs in this one!

That's what I heard. Mate, it's the refs and the big six striking again. They tried to do in Newcastle too. And they've helped Spurs and tried to help Man U. Same situation as yesterday, only a Man U player kicks Schar in the head? No penalty. Yesterday Isak kicks a Brentford player in the stomach? OMG, penalty! If it weren't for the Big 6 connection, I'd say it's just horrible officiating inconsistency, but this feels like Brighton and Newcastle have been targeted here.
It was one of the worst ref jobs I have ever seen. Brighton was absolutely robbed and makes me really wonder.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That was a great win! And we'll just pretend that Monday never happened!!
I wish I could say I was sorry about Monday, but that was in Newcastle's favor. Two wins and they are in the CL! Hope yinz do well in the Europa League or sneak into the CL at the expense of Man U and Liverfool.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Sadly watching the gooners fail is the highlight of the season for me.
I hear you. Used to be I had to revel in Sunderland's fall down the tables. Now we might get the Tyne-Wear derby back. In a way I would relish those wins (and wins they would be, at this point), but in a way I would relish laughing at them staying in the Championship again.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I hear you. Used to be I had to revel in Sunderland's fall down the tables. Now we might get the Tyne-Wear derby back. In a way I would relish those wins (and wins they would be, at this point), but in a way I would relish laughing at them staying in the Championship again.
that would be cool to see that derby again. I’m really impressed with Newcastle and hope their success continues. This is the first time in a long time that spurs have lost both fixtures to arsenal.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Well, I’m glad I was traveling cross country and missed the game. Fingers crossed for Europa League now for us.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well, I’m glad I was traveling cross country and missed the game. Fingers crossed for Europa League now for us.
I really hope yinz get it. Don't look at the scoreline--this was anyone's game. Newcastle dominated the first half and got that killer injury-time goal from Geordie boy and former Seagull Big Dan Burn that was ultimately the winner. But it was also a tale of two halves, and Brighton dominated the 2nd half when Newcastle stupidly dropped back. The ref was way too yellow card happy with both teams but it evened out. Newcastle didn't get the third goal until the 91st minute, then snagged a cheeky fourth off the kickoff. It was really a 2-1 near draw until the end. Brighton adjusted perfectly at the half and it was anyone's game.

The weird part is that I thought yinz had the worst keeper in the PL in the first half because he was sooo bad. Then he looked like the best keeper in the world in the second half. Just plain weird.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Huge day tomorrow.. a win over last place and relegated Saints will clinch the Europa League based on the point difference!!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Huge day tomorrow.. a win over last place and relegated Saints will clinch the Europa League based on the point difference!!
Go BHA! It would be great to see the 1-2 teams from the Championship some years back both make Europe while Spurs and Chelski fail to qualify.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That would be cool to keep him in the PL.

What happened with MacAllister? Did he have a release clause?
He went to Liverpool - not sure if it was a release clause or if we were just resigned to him leaving.. Caciedo should follow suit.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He went to Liverpool - not sure if it was a release clause or if we were just resigned to him leaving.. Caciedo should follow suit.
He had a ridiculously low release clause and Liverpool pounced. I think it was less than 40M.