The Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: MIA vs. OKC

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the lamest thing in the world. The guy was took one of the worst franchise in all of sports and made them relevant... BY HIMSELF. He had complete and utter IDIOTS running his team who made horrific decision after decision, putting nothing but trash around him. I'm sure you would have loved it if he stayed there because he NEVER would have won and he knew it. Larry Hughes is their big free agent target when Joe Johnson was avaliable?! An older than dirt Ben Wallace/Wally Szecerbiak is the answer at the trading deadline? A 38 year-old Shaq? Sorry. Just because you're born in squalor, doesn't mean someone should have to live their whole lives in it and if you anyone would, you're high as a kite.

He gave that city 27 years of his life, he gave the franchise 8 years of his career and the best they could ever do was pair him with Mo Williams. Yeah, he had every right to **** of dodge. it was either that or never win a damn thing. NO ONE wins an NBA title alone and that's what LeBron would have had to do if he stayed in Cleveland because they had a bunch of buffoons in their FO.

them's the facts and you know it Donald.

I like the bolded idea.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the lamest thing in the world. The guy was took one of the worst franchise in all of sports and made them relevant... BY HIMSELF. He had complete and utter IDIOTS running his team who made horrific decision after decision, putting nothing but trash around him. I'm sure you would have loved it if he stayed there because he NEVER would have won and he knew it. Larry Hughes is their big free agent target when Joe Johnson was avaliable?! An older than dirt Ben Wallace/Wally Szecerbiak is the answer at the trading deadline? A 38 year-old Shaq? Sorry. Just because you're born in squalor, doesn't mean someone should have to live their whole lives in it and if you anyone would, you're high as a kite.

He gave that city 27 years of his life, he gave the franchise 8 years of his career and the best they could ever do was pair him with Mo Williams. Yeah, he had every right to **** of dodge. it was either that or never win a damn thing. NO ONE wins an NBA title alone and that's what LeBron would have had to do if he stayed in Cleveland because they had a bunch of buffoons in their FO.

them's the facts and you know it Donald.

they made stupid decisions after stupid decision. The guy that kind of gets forgotten in that whole mess is Carlos Boozer. He completely screwed over the Cavaliers. Then they went and signed Larry Hughes to a near maximum contract. That right there should have put their whole front office on the unemployment line. I'm sure just about every other GM was laughing hysterically when they did that. That was only the beginning...

Joe

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they made stupid decisions after stupid decision. The guy that kind of gets forgotten in that whole mess is Carlos Boozer. He completely screwed over the Cavaliers. Then they went and signed Larry Hughes to a near maximum contract. That right there should have put their whole front office on the unemployment line. I'm sure just about every other GM was laughing hysterically when they did that. That was only the beginning...

Joe

The Cavs screwed themselves with Boozer. Never trust a word an NBA player says until they sign on the dotted line.

Seriously... you put Joe Johnson on those Cavs teams instead of Larry Hughes and LeBron would have already had 2 or 3 titles. He was literally carrying NOTHING to the Finals and Conference finals... or taking a 67 win title winning Celtic team to a Game 7. Those two guys would have complemented each other perfectly. They would have had the Jordan-Pippen ish dynamic of two incredibily great perimeter players with very solid defenders and three point shooters surrounding them.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cavs screwed themselves with Boozer. Never trust a word an NBA player says until they sign on the dotted line.

Seriously... you put Joe Johnson on those Cavs teams instead of Larry Hughes and LeBron would have already had 2 or 3 titles. He was literally carrying NOTHING to the Finals and Conference finals... or taking a 67 win title winning Celtic team to a Game 7. Those two guys would have complemented each other perfectly. They would have had the Jordan-Pippen ish dynamic of two incredibily great perimeter players with very solid defenders and three point shooters surrounding them.

I know. Ultimately it was the owner who should not have trusted the player/agent, but he really did screw them over.

I honestly could not believe they signed Larry Hughes so quickly that summer when Joe Johnson was such an obvious perfect fit and still a possibility. Larry Hughes? The guy had missed half of his previous contract with injuries not to mention he didn't fit well anyways.

Joe

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still cant get over that he is supposedly boring in comparison to Kobe. Kobe who makes his impact by dribbling for 15 seconds before firing a jumper. LeBron is a terror in the open court, can take people off the dribble on a regular basis, has a post game, is an elite defender who can cover all kinds of players...

But compare that to a 42% shooting jump shooter... obviously the jump shot wins.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boozer is a bigger jerk than LeBron, I'll give you that. That was a total bitch move.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still cant get over that he is supposedly boring in comparison to Kobe. Kobe who makes his impact by dribbling for 15 seconds before firing a jumper. LeBron is a terror in the open court, can take people off the dribble on a regular basis, has a post game, is an elite defender who can cover all kinds of players...

But compare that to a 42% shooting jump shooter... obviously the jump shot wins.

Your argument is equally ridiculous to say that's Kobe's game. :mulli:

And as I've shown previously, LeBron is a worse shooter than Kobe from everywhere on the court other than directly at the rim, where he derives almost 40 percent of his offense. Kobe's offense comes about almost equally from all five primary locations on the court, as he's scoring from anywhere. And yes, I find a turnaround fadeaway baseline jumper over a defender's guard hand more exciting than bulling to the rim and making a layup.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your argument is equally ridiculous to say that's Kobe's game. :mulli:

And as I've shown previously, LeBron is a worse shooter than Kobe from everywhere on the court other than directly at the rim, where he derives almost 40 percent of his offense. Kobe's offense comes about almost equally from all five primary locations on the court, as he's scoring from anywhere. And yes, I find a turnaround fadeaway baseline jumper over a defender's guard hand more exciting than bulling to the rim and making a layup.

i think you're in the minority on that one. Most sports fans like ACTION. And watching a guy at LeBron's size being able to attack the rim like he does is pretty unheard of... you throw in his passing, ridiculous athletic ability and the ability to shut down any position 1-4 on the court and i just think you're hate is so great that there's just no ability whatsoever to have any perspective on the guy.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
i think you're in the minority on that one. Most sports fans like ACTION. And watching a guy at LeBron's size being able to attack the rim like he does is pretty unheard of... you throw in his passing, ridiculous athletic ability and the ability to shut down any position 1-4 on the court and i just think you're hate is so great that there's just no ability whatsoever to have any perspective on the guy.

This to me is what truly separates him. Though, his physical freakness is itself something to behold.
Also, I would venture to say that there are plenty of 5's in the game today that LeBron can also shut down - unlike Kobe.

What truly blew me away was seeing LeBron stand right next to Bill Russell... LeBron actually looked taller than Russell! Stunning!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This to me is what truly separates him. Though, his physical freakness is itself something to behold.
Also, I would venture to say that there are plenty of 5's in the game today that LeBron can also shut down - unlike Kobe.

What truly blew me away was seeing LeBron stand right next to Bill Russell... LeBron actually looked taller than Russell! Stunning!

You must be registered for see images

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
@CharissaT

@KingJames is the first player in NBA history with at least 650 points 200 rebounds & 100 assists in a single postseason

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Russell was only 6'9" - 215. But that was at a time when a big NBA Center was 6'10" - 240. Chamberlain was the freak at 7'1" - 275.

And still, Wilt had the individual stats, but Russ had the rings.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell was only 6'9" - 215. But that was at a time when a big NBA Center was 6'10" - 240. Chamberlain was the freak at 7'1" - 275.

In that pic Russell is taller but not by much, you can see his shoulders are higher than LeBron's.

Russell was before my time but what I've seen on tape was amazing and what you read/hear fits. When he was coaching in Seattle in his early 40's, I remember reading, and then hearing it confirmed by Sonics players, that Russell would get mad about the team getting too cocky so he'd have them do drills where he was the lone guy back on a 2 on 1. They said he'd literally just stand back there and block shot after shot, drives, pullups NBA players in their prime were unable to do anything against a 40+ Bill Russell in those drills.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In that pic Russell is taller but not by much, you can see his shoulders are higher than LeBron's.

Russell was before my time but what I've seen on tape was amazing and what you read/hear fits. When he was coaching in Seattle in his early 40's, I remember reading, and then hearing it confirmed by Sonics players, that Russell would get mad about the team getting too cocky so he'd have them do drills where he was the lone guy back on a 2 on 1. They said he'd literally just stand back there and block shot after shot, drives, pullups NBA players in their prime were unable to do anything against a 40+ Bill Russell in those drills.

The fact that Bill Russell could guard Wilt Chamberlain straight up speaks volumes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes but Magic's rebounding should not be compared to other PGs since he really did not start at PG.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sorry but this is still just so damn funny!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I see a reference quoted in the previous post (although I couldn't find that post) that Magic Johnson did not really start at Point Guard.

Neither Norm Nixon nor Byron Scott (who played alongside Magic) were Point Guards. It was Magic.

Quite a lineup. Four of the Lakers five starters were 6'9" or taller, except for their Shooting Guard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard