The NFC Race for T Joe Thomas Begins

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As for Cleveland being dumb, we can only hope. However, the Browns have a new regime in place, so who knows.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe Joe Thomas alone is enough to get this team to the playoffs? If David Johnson was healthy maybe, but definetly not with our collection of skill players.

No, it is probably just best to accept this team isn't very good, and the window has already closed.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
First, I don't have any reason to believe this is BA's last season. I think the Cards keep him if he wants to stay. From BA's point of view he's waited too long to get here to quit now.

Second, as to the draft it looked very SK to me. Keep in mind when the Cards lost DJ they lost 36% of their offense. Very few teams could survive that. In the offseason the Cards suffered virtually all critical personnel losses on D; that's why SK focused there. Keep in mind they drafted 2 O-line choices. It was a weak O-line draft which is why there is an O-line shortage in the NFL as a whole. I think SK hoped the D would keep them in games and the offense would be good enough to win their share. It looks to me like he could have been right if DJ hadn't been hurt. Things would look even better if TM played closer to his salary.

I think the Cards still have a shot to win the West if they win today.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
First, I don't have any reason to believe this is BA's last season. I think the Cards keep him if he wants to stay. From BA's point of view he's waited too long to get here to quit now.

Second, as to the draft it looked very SK to me. Keep in mind when the Cards lost DJ they lost 36% of their offense. Very few teams could survive that. In the offseason the Cards suffered virtually all critical personnel losses on D; that's why SK focused there. Keep in mind they drafted 2 O-line choices. It was a weak O-line draft which is why there is an O-line shortage in the NFL as a whole. I think SK hoped the D would keep them in games and the offense would be good enough to win their share. It looks to me like he could have been right if DJ hadn't been hurt. Things would look even better if TM played closer to his salary.

I think the Cards still have a shot to win the West if they win today.
I'll agree we still have a shot, but the Cards can't keep losing NFC games or were toast!!! We're 0-2 & Somehow some way they have to win at least 2 vs skins iggles & gmen & win at least 3 others vs the west

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn