THE Newcastle United FC thread

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Whatever he does, Howe simply has to play Livramento over Burn. Otherwise all the criticism of playing favorites over talent will continue to be proven true and we'll get burned--pun intended.
I was just responding that Howe certainly will start Livramento when I got a notification that the lineups were released. Burn it is!

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
DeBruyne not starting. I guess they're still easing him in to the lineup. They can afford to do that. Must be nice!

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, what an intense first half. That's the best and hardest I've ever seen Isak play.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Ah, I see that Livramento was injured. We played well, but once again, we had absolutely no substitutes. I don't know if that's why we weren't on them at all the second half, or if it was a strategy, or if it was just Man City's quality. I can't help but feel that we went into complete defensive mode too early. I knew we needed more than two goals, so I wanted to see us keep pushing on the counter attack, but it just didn't happen.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was just responding that Howe certainly will start Livramento when I got a notification that the lineups were released. Burn it is!
Livramento must have an injury because he wasn't in the squad. Burn wasn't good but really no choice there because we freaking wasted 30mill of FFP money on Lewis Freaking Hall.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ah, I see that Livramento was injured. We played well, but once again, we had absolutely no substitutes. I don't know if that's why we weren't on them at all the second half, or if it was a strategy, or if it was just Man City's quality. I can't help but feel that we went into complete defensive mode too early. I knew we needed more than two goals, so I wanted to see us keep pushing on the counter attack, but it just didn't happen.
Yep, should've fired Howe when we had the chance. That second half is absolutely inexcusable. You can't blame the exhaustion/injuries/lack of subs because they were ass from the very beginning of the half. Guardiola went in at halftime and crafted a plan to win this game. Howe went in at halftime and, er, told the lads to keep it up? Completely outcoached in the 2nd half.

The lads almost did bail him out for a point but City were just too much. Freaking Chelski are ahead of us in the table now. Sticking with Howe has cost us any chance at Europe.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Advancing against Fulham on Saturday is an absolute must. I still rue that the team didn't move on from Howe and wasted the time to bed in a new manager, but we're sticking with him so he absolutely needs to rebound. This shambles cannot be allowed to continue, especially given the shambolic nature of this transfer window. If something doesn't happen, and fast, Europe is a pipe dream and they'll fall even farther down the table. Not in danger yet, but the fact that being in danger is even a remote possibility is massively disheartening. No excuses. No whinging about injuries. Do better.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
That was about as much a smash and grab win as you can get for a 2-0 victory. Newcastle were absolute trash for most of the game, and there was zero excuse for it. Unprepared, passive, unaggressive, soft, etc. Snatched a goal near the end of the 1st due to a massive defensive error. Came out just as awful in the 2nd. Sure, once they snatched a second off a magnificent corner, the Mags got more play off the break, but man, they should have lost this one. Thankful they didn't. And Burn over Livramento would have been an unforgivable mistake if not for his Johnny-on-the-spot tap in. They were torturing him down the left flank.

Well, minimum met. On to the next round. Now try to save the season in the league. Unlikely against Villa.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
That was about as much a smash and grab win as you can get for a 2-0 victory. Newcastle were absolute trash for most of the game, and there was zero excuse for it. Unprepared, passive, unaggressive, soft, etc. Snatched a goal near the end of the 1st due to a massive defensive error. Came out just as awful in the 2nd. Sure, once they snatched a second off a magnificent corner, the Mags got more play off the break, but man, they should have lost this one. Thankful they didn't. And Burn over Livramento would have been an unforgivable mistake if not for his Johnny-on-the-spot tap in. They were torturing him down the left flank.

Well, minimum met. On to the next round. Now try to save the season in the league. Unlikely against Villa.
Yes, not a very convincing win. Still, at least it was a a win, and on the road, as well! I'm also not expecting anything from the Villa game, but maybe they'll surprise us. It seems like it's been a while since they've surprised us though... at least since they've surprised in a good way.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yes, not a very convincing win. Still, at least it was a a win, and on the road, as well! I'm also not expecting anything from the Villa game, but maybe they'll surprise us. It seems like it's been a while since they've surprised us though... at least since they've surprised in a good way.
They must get a result in this game, even a gutsy draw. They've lost 4 in the row in the PL, including getting crushed by Forrest and losing in a not close match to Luton.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Can we play Villa every week? C'mon!!!!

Hopefully Isak is okay, and his coming off was more precautionary than anything. Our strikers are made of glass.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Can we play Villa every week? C'mon!!!!

Hopefully Isak is okay, and his coming off was more precautionary than anything. Our strikers are made of glass.
Yes! Finally the Mags came out strong and played with motivation. The reason I was banging on at Howe is because they weren't doing that. Fading at the end of the game I can understand, but coming out slow and unmotivated is inexcusable. Granted Howe had them turtle and it almost ruined the game, but he quickly reversed that and kept the pressure on to see out the win. Yes!

Indeed, injuries are a major problem. We need Isaak and Wilson back. Maybe this spurs them to do some business today?

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
If Howe doesn't get Burn out of this game, I'm going to go crazy! Why does Livramento never play?????

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
FFS, can we freaking sub Dan Burn out? This fetishistic need for Howe to play the guy with more experience that gets done time and time again. He is laughably slow. He has to be out of the side. He cannot start again. He just gave up a freaking penalty with his freaking uselessness.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
EVERY FREAKING NEW CASTLE FAN KNOWS THAT LIVRAMENTO SHOULD START OVER BURN. IT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
How not to freaking coach by freaking Eddie Howe. You're getting the double done to you by freaking LUTON TOWN in the league? Fire this freaking ass clown before the game is over, for ****'s sake.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Should have had three points there. Disappointing. On the bright side, it's great to have Murphy and Barnes both back. If Gordon is injured...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Should have had three points there. Disappointing. On the bright side, it's great to have Murphy and Barnes both back. If Gordon is injured...
Rescuing the point (the players and crowd did the rescuing--Howe had nothing to do with it) doesn't mitigate that we took 1 point from freaking Luton Town this year. That is why we'll miss out on Europe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson