THE Newcastle United FC thread

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Rough ending for Trippier. Ugh, that was brutal. Our away form has been so bad this year. Makes me a bit terrified of Sunday. Will Hall finally make an appearance? The midweek game against Milan should take precedence over the game against Tottenham. Unfortunately, I don't see us doing well in both.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know, this loss is almost all on Tripps, aside from not having a team to really field right now. And I'm okay with that. Tripps has done far more for this team than anyone, and he deserves forgiveness for a howler game. I guaran-damn-tee you he'll make up for it.

It sucks, it's a terrible loss, but it won't be the end of the world. As long as the Mags get into Europe after the injuries they've had, then all is well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You know, this loss is almost all on Tripps, aside from not having a team to really field right now. And I'm okay with that. Tripps has done far more for this team than anyone, and he deserves forgiveness for a howler game. I guaran-damn-tee you he'll make up for it.

It sucks, it's a terrible loss, but it won't be the end of the world. As long as the Mags get into Europe after the injuries they've had, then all is well.
Trippier is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He gives and he takes.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
As much as I could excuse the last game, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept excuses here. No doubt the team is exhausted but you had to stick with the same team. I get that. Then it was absolutely, 100 percent crystal clear they had nothing in the tank. The only faint hope was to ring the changes at the half and damn the torpedoes. Because you know sticking with the same dead horses would lead to even larger a loss. Very dumb, Howe. Very dumb. Better not lose to Milan, or you'll be feeilng a slightly hot seat.

And they need to move on Jan 1st for a new keeper. Dubravka made some heinous, inexcusable errors.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
On a side note, it's *nice* to see that, even with Kane's departure, Spurs still have a player who's allowed to commit murder and only get a yellow card. That idiotic call could've only been worse if they had carded Wilson for being in Romero's way. Hell, if it'd been Kane, they would have lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
On a side note, it's *nice* to see that, even with Kane's departure, Spurs still have a player who's allowed to commit murder and only get a yellow card. That idiotic call could've only been worse if they had carded Wilson for being in Romero's way. Hell, if it'd been Kane, they would have lol
I didn't see the game. only got to see the highlights. not sure of who you are talking about. if it is Romero, well he plays on the edge every week. his red card vs. Chelsea completely changed tottenham's season. that and injuries to Maddison and Vanderven, the latter who has been such a great companion to Romero. Romero is such a great player for spurs. he is really good on the ball and a great one on one defender.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I didn't see the game. only got to see the highlights. not sure of who you are talking about. if it is Romero, well he plays on the edge every week. his red card vs. Chelsea completely changed tottenham's season. that and injuries to Maddison and Vanderven, the latter who has been such a great companion to Romero. Romero is such a great player for spurs. he is really good on the ball and a great one on one defender.
Yep, that's the one. Complete and utter unnecessary, late, studs up ankle crusher near the end of the game with the game decided. Massive failure of VAR that it stuck with the yellow. This was not an orange card. This was a red. If it were Kane, the poor victim would have been carded instead.

It wouldn't have affected the game, though. Newcastle were done and Spurs rampant. Well deserved win.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yep, that's the one. Complete and utter unnecessary, late, studs up ankle crusher near the end of the game with the game decided. Massive failure of VAR that it stuck with the yellow. This was not an orange card. This was a red. If it were Kane, the poor victim would have been carded instead.

It wouldn't have affected the game, though. Newcastle were done and Spurs rampant. Well deserved win.
Well Romero has to be smarter than that. They can’t afford to lose him. Spurs are benefiting from not playing in any other tournaments. It is a shame that they have dropped so many points of late.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Well Romero has to be smarter than that.

He can't play smarter than that.

It's who he is and what he does.

Even back to when I'd watch him in the rossoblu as a young player - back then you expected it to develop it of his game.

While a lot of his game has developed and he's a skilled player, he still loses composure and makes costly, reckless decisions

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score

Even back to when I'd watch him in the rossoblu as a young player - back then you expected it to develop it of his game.

While a lot of his game has developed and he's a skilled player, he still loses composure and makes costly, reckless decisions
Reminiscent of Jonjo Shelvey there.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
I did not get to watch the Tottenham game because it wasn't on peacock till Monday, and after I saw the score I didn't feel like watching. There have been so many ups and downs so far this season.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. It'll be good to be back at St. James, that's for sure. I think Callum Wilson needs to get the start along with Longstaff. It sounds like we may be down to our third string keeper, so that should be interesting. Let's get it done, regardless!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I did not get to watch the Tottenham game because it wasn't on peacock till Monday, and after I saw the score I didn't feel like watching. There have been so many ups and downs so far this season.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. It'll be good to be back at St. James, that's for sure. I think Callum Wilson needs to get the start along with Longstaff. It sounds like we may be down to our third string keeper, so that should be interesting. Let's get it done, regardless!
Count yourself lucky you missed that crap fest!

it's going to be tough sledding tonight. Howe has to name a changed side--if he just runs the same horses out for the 6th game in a row, it's a loss. I know Milan are decimated too, but can't take them lightly. Don't lose and they stay in Europe. Hope the home crowd gives them enough of a lift. Howe-way the lads!

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Defensive lapses continue. Both Milan goals were from a player left completely uncovered.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I can’t argue that. I tried to. I guess for spurs that is something they have to deal with. His one on one defending and ball skills are really good and when he’s not in the game there is a clear drop off. Same with vanderven. It’s not a fluke that spurs production dropped with those 2 out of the team. And Maddison as well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I know that feeling. Especially with the time difference. I watched the last spurs loss vs. west ham. I debated leaving it for after work, but i got up early to watch it before work. It was a shambolic result in the end because spurs had the ball in west ham’s final third for about 75 of the 90ish mins but still lost because of a bad turnover and weak goalkeeping. and i was late for work because of it.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
If ever there was a must win, this is one. MUST get the result today. MUST get back to winning ways.

Gods forbid, if the Mags lose to Fulham then crash out of the cup to Chelsea, Howe will be lucky to be in a job. The season will be in utter shambles and the build will be set back. I'm not saying I would be calling for his firing, or that, in this circumstance, he should be fired at all. He's been amazing in saving this club and has had to deal with unprecedented injuries in a thin squad. I do think ownership will not be willing to forgive the season going so completely awry.

So let's not make it an issue. Beat Fulham, advance in the cup, and start climbing the table. Howe-way the lads!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ah, normal service has resumed.

Honestly, I'd be steamed if I was a Fulham fan. First no card given when your striker gets elbowed in the face, then said striker gets a bit of a dodgy red. I'd say that was an orange card.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Another gut punch in the Carabao Cup and another bad defensive error by Trippier. People are starting to point out that he hasn't been the same since he left England for "personal reasons." Who knows, but this season has been a bit rough so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson