The Mothman Prophecies

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Plot Summary

Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Tagline: What do you see?
Plot Outline A reporter is drawn to a small West Virginia town to investigate a series of strange events, including psychic visions and the appearance of bizarre entities.
Plot Synopsis: When John Klein, a Washington Post journalist, and his wife Mary finally find the house of their dreams, they just can't believe their luck. On the way back from the bargain, Mary nearly runs over a caped, winged figure, jerks the wheel and skids into the sidewalk. She hits her head badly, and dies in the hospital a little later. John, completely devastated, soon finds some sketches his wife made after the accident. They all show a winged creature, yet there is no angel resemblance at all. Two years later, John all of a sudden finds himself one night in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. He has no idea how he has journeyed the 400 miles in less than two hours. In the small town, local cop Connie struggles with many sightings of a mothlike creature taller than a man being reported, while John believes that an explanation for his wife's fate can be found. The deeper John digs, the clearer the mothman's purpose arises - only to leave his life in immediate danger, as it seems.

I just watched it. Being that it was based on actual events, it had me very interested from the beginning. Its level of suspense and creepiness was just about perfect. It was able to remain a bit spooky throughout without becoming silly. I liked it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good movie!

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Creepy is the perfect word to discribe this movie. I loved it.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I loved this movie. It scared the hell out of my wife. Its pretty interesting reading sites devoted to the true reports of the mothman.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I really love this movie. I don't have as big a problem with Richard Gere as many people do, and I thought he was very good in this film.

Also, a lot of recent horror/suspense movies have decent build-ups but then totally underwhelm with their ending (hello, The Haunting, anyone?). This movie had a great ending and one of those rare "aha!" moments at the end where everything that happened before makes a certain bit of sense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman