Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Men Who Stare at Goats

Release Date: November 6, 2009
Studio: Overture Films
Director: Grant Heslov
Screenwriter: Peter Straughan
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for language, some drug content and brief nudity)

Starring: George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, Rebecca Mader, Terry Serpico

Plot Summary: In this quirky dark comedy inspired by a real life story you will hardly believe is actually true, astonishing revelations about a top-secret wing of the U.S. military come to light when a reporter encounters an enigmatic Special Forces operator on a mind-boggling mission.

Reporter Bob Wilton (Ewan McGregor) is in search of his next big story when he encounters Lyn Cassady (Academy Award® winner George Clooney), a shadowy figure who claims to be part of an experimental U.S. military unit. According to Cassady, the New Earth Army is changing the way wars are fought. A legion of "Warrior Monks" with unparalleled psychic powers can read the enemy’s thoughts, pass through solid walls, and even kill a goat simply by staring at it. Now, the program's founder, Bill Django (Oscar® nominee Jeff Bridges), has gone missing and Cassady's mission is to find him.

Intrigued by his new acquaintance's far-fetched stories, Bob impulsively decides to accompany him on the search. When the pair tracks Django to a clandestine training camp run by renegade psychic Larry Hooper (two-time Oscar® winner Kevin Spacey), the reporter is trapped in the middle of a grudge match between the forces of Django's New Earth Army and Hooper's personal militia of super soldiers. In order to survive this wild adventure, Bob will have to outwit an enemy he never thought possible.

"The Men Who Stare at Goats" was inspired by Jon Ronson's non-fiction bestseller of the same name, an eye-opening and often hilarious exploration of the government's attempts to harness paranormal abilities to combat its enemies.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks great!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Friday! Cant wait!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes ideas look this make for better trailers than feature-length films. I'm going to wait to hear back from people before going to see it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes ideas look this make for better trailers than feature-length films. I'm going to wait to hear back from people before going to see it.
And sometimes ideas like this make for pure awesome!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought the acting was good and the humor was there...in places. It was a bit of a touching story...in places. It just had no idea what kind of movie it wanted to be. Oh well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a big let down. This movie bored me to tears! Actually laughed about 3 times in the whole movie.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie looks turrrible (< Cleveland Brown voice).. I dont even know what its about from the commercials.. Just looks like a steaming piling of crap..

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think I would rather, literally go to a petting zoo and stare at a goat for two hours then watch this movie.

Clooney is slowly moving into my most overrated actors list.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed. The book was really good, but it didn't translate to the screen.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Recently watched it. Decent enough to enjoy watching once.

I thought the acting was good and the humor was there...in places. It was a bit of a touching story...in places. It just had no idea what kind of movie it wanted to be. Oh well.
Agreed.

What a big let down. This movie bored me to tears! Actually laughed about 3 times in the whole movie.
It definitely didn't have the laughs I was expecting after watching the previews.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort