Three New Original Movies Bombed At The Memorial Day Box Office And That's A Problem

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Smaller screens and negotiating with wait staff? Don't go to the specialty theaters that serve dinner. That's a simple fix. I get all the complaints about movie theaters, but I'd say the experience has gotten worlds better. Why? Recliners. With my pain issues, I would pretty much not be able to go without them. They aren't perfect or perfectly suited to my size, but are thousands of times more comfortable than traditional seating.
Unfortunately most of the nicer theaters have converted to this model. Reclining seats? Nice, but not as nice as my seats at home!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smaller screens and negotiating with wait staff? Don't go to the specialty theaters that serve dinner. That's a simple fix. I get all the complaints about movie theaters, but I'd say the experience has gotten worlds better. Why? Recliners. With my pain issues, I would pretty much not be able to go without them. They aren't perfect or perfectly suited to my size, but are thousands of times more comfortable than traditional seating.
My seats are probably twice as expensive as the average seat in a theater. Italian black leather with full recline, head rest, and lumbar adjustment.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't go to the theater for the seats. Nice little bonus I guess.
I assume it is low on people's list, but people like Stout do have to be selective at the theaters that they go to. Buying 6 seats for my setup is a lot different than the thousands that you need at a cineplex.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
One thing I don't like about going to the theater now too is the stadium seating. It has never clicked with me and I miss the old style auditorium theaters. Camelview Plaza and the old Cine Capri were my hideouts in the 90s. I saw 100s of movies at them and have the nostalgia pull back to then. Give me the big theaters and the indie movie scene of like 95-97. :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I only go to the theater for movies that demand it.
Star Wars
Things that offer huge scenes that benefit from huge screens.
Otherwise my 60 inch that i sit 8 feet away from is fine.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only go to the theater for movies that demand it.
Star Wars
Things that offer huge scenes that benefit from huge screens.
Otherwise my 60 inch that i sit 8 feet away from is fine.
My front row is at about 8 feet and the screen is 150 inches. :D Back row is about 12.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Saw Transformers tonight and it's why I still love going to the movies.

My son saw a preview before a different movie and wanted to see it.

The movie itself was fun. Good soundtrack, lots of good visuals and summer Easter eggs. Theater sound shook the recliners.

No obnoxious talking, etc.

However, you get the audience feedback at the humor, jamming to summer of the songs and just that collective feedback and experience.

Then afterwards my daughter wanted my picture by the cardboard advertisement for her father's day memories.

We watch movies at home, but it's different.

Still really love the family trip to the theater

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave