The Market 2022-2023-2024

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm only down 8.8% so it's one of my better performers. LOL!
It's down 27.4% YTD, which makes it my tenth-worst by that metric. There are a few big-name stocks I hold whose negative alpha is perplexing, INTC being one of the other notables.

By the way I just picked up BUG, a cybersecurity ETF. It's up 4.8% in two weeks, so I'd have to call that a success.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's down 27.4% YTD, which makes it my tenth-worst by that metric. There are a few big-name stocks I hold whose negative alpha is perplexing, INTC being one of the other notables.

By the way I just picked up BUG, a cybersecurity ETF. It's up 4.8% in two weeks, so I'd have to call that a success.

I'm still bullish on INTC with high conviction. I'm adding to keep a 5% allocation. We'll get a Chips Act eventually and they're investing massively in foundries. They'll be vital to National Security. I'm willing to wait for the cash to start rolling in and the analysts to change their tune.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also @Folster ... I'll be PMing ya to see what juice ya got on what the market makers are doing. Hopefully it's one of those kinds of promotions. :p

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Another huge inflation number, but the market's reaction is mild. I guess it was priced in?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another huge inflation number, but the market's reaction is mild. I guess it was priced in?
Not so much. IMO. The bond market tells the story. Always willing to call the Feds BS bluff. They sure did today. They know inflation is or has already swung in the other direction..

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3mo/10 soon inverting. 2yr/10yr already deeply there. Sorry folks...this isn't close to finished yet.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still in that head and shoulders pattern on the Dow along with this little channel that has been well respected since the market top in January. Have to break above this upper range trend line, or we likely have pain back down to the lower channel line..

You must be registered for see images attach

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I picked up DIS earlier this week because I was surprised at how low it had gotten. I've shifted to thinking that the streaming entertainment world is going to be dominated by the big players, and the lesser names will get squeezed out of making much in the way of profit. So the plan is to dump PARA once and for all, if it ever gets to an exit point I can stomach.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I picked up DIS earlier this week because I was surprised at how low it had gotten. I've shifted to thinking that the streaming entertainment world is going to be dominated by the big players, and the lesser names will get squeezed out of making much in the way of profit. So the plan is to dump PARA once and for all, if it ever gets to an exit point I can stomach.

Nice! Watch DIS buy PARA after you dump them. LOL! I doubt the FTC would or even the FCC would allow it. Disney remains attractive as a streamer but also has so much more to the business with ESPN, parks, cruises, and so much more. I don't think you'll regret any entry point below $100 but what price did you get? It looks like it got down to around $90 yesterday. I still have an alert set for $85 I believe.

Good luck.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Nice! Watch DIS buy PARA after you dump them. LOL! I doubt the FTC would or even the FCC would allow it. Disney remains attractive as a streamer but also has so much more to the business with ESPN, parks, cruises, and so much more. I don't think you'll regret any entry point below $100 but what price did you get? It looks like it got down to around $90 yesterday. I still have an alert set for $85 I believe.

Good luck.
I got it for $93.76. Thanks!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe I should short it for a couple weeks.
I wouldn't blame you, but the safer bet is to wait for Unity to get back to the mid-40s, which it will, and then short that. The rebound effect when it gets there has been incredibly reliable.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson