The Market 2022-2023-2024

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to average down a few stocks today

Most specifically NVDA and GOOG. GOOG is a strong company regardless and with the stock split, averaging down was easy.

NVDA I am a bull in general and it has dropped massively so it needed it and now pelosi is pushing for a bill to help nvidia along with her buying stock or call options in nvda while she does it. (i dont remember what she bought, but, it helps)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big reversal today off the 50 day MA... with AAPL news being the catalyst. Go figure. ;) Market is set up in a very precarious way.

One things for certain. My channel I posted earlier is still now being respected after today's reversal. Technicals are crazy like that. A continuing and neverending game of supply and demand..

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TSLA has a BIG move coming IMO. Either we move down to 400ish on a continuation pattern and support zone...or we have a trend line to the upside around 1100 or so. Shouldn't be a slow move either...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSLA has a BIG move coming IMO. Either we move down to 400ish on a continuation pattern and support zone...or we have a trend line to the upside around 1100 or so. Shouldn't be a slow move either...
Either one would be very entertaining. This last quarter was hindered a bit by the Shanghai lockdowns and from all accounts I have seen, there has been a full recovery with all progress up and to the right so things are definitely moving in the right direction as an organization.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some bumble stock in maybe late march and am up 8% still. Quite wild that that is the one surviving the storm right now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Nice! Watch DIS buy PARA after you dump them. LOL! I doubt the FTC would or even the FCC would allow it. Disney remains attractive as a streamer but also has so much more to the business with ESPN, parks, cruises, and so much more. I don't think you'll regret any entry point below $100 but what price did you get? It looks like it got down to around $90 yesterday. I still have an alert set for $85 I believe.

Good luck.
DIS pushing 104 today. If you haven't shorted it yet, now's your chance!

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DIS pushing 104 today. If you haven't shorted it yet, now's your chance!
Nice call on a bottom! I hope it holds for you. I should have sold half of my WBD to realize a loss and bought DIS.

Also, I've never shorted before sans an inverse ETF or two.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how this helps investors? Sounds like TA's are hedging their bets.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame you, but the safer bet is to wait for Unity to get back to the mid-40s, which it will, and then short that. The rebound effect when it gets there has been incredibly reliable.

You must be registered for see images attach

And speaking of Unity, it's already back up to 41. So that's another one to keep your eye on for a quick shorting opportunity, since the graph speaks for itself.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how this helps investors? Sounds like TA's are hedging their bets.
I don't know. Knowing if an investor can get in 40 percent higher or 40 percent lower seems like something I'd like to know as even a buy and hold investor. Many good investors use TA for support and resistance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TWTR is now really interesting as a stock IMO there's an obvious arbitrage there if you believe that Musk will either lose or settle. The question is how much above the 39 ish it's at now will that be?

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know. Knowing if an investor can get in 40 percent higher or 40 percent lower seems like something I'd like to know as even a buy and hold investor. Many good investors use TA for support and resistance.

But TA's will be right either way unless TSLA, one of the most volatile stocks in the market happens to move sideways. I guess it could be useful for traders who implement some sort of options strategy to capitalize on either movement. But it's not much help for investors who are already long and don't trade options IMO.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But TA's will be right either way unless TSLA, one of the most volatile stocks in the market for moves sideways. I guess it could be useful for traders who implement some sort of options strategy to capitalize on either movement. But it's not much help for investors who are already long IMO and don't trade options IMO.
Options have been a disaster for me 9 out of 10 times. Only AMC paid off.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But TA's will be right either way unless TSLA, one of the most volatile stocks in the market happens to move sideways. I guess it could be useful for traders who implement some sort of options strategy to capitalize on either movement. But it's not much help for investors who are already long and don't trade options IMO.
Not true really. "Right way" indicates only if you've put your money where your mouth is and state that it's going this way or that...good analysis prepares for both ways of the trade IMO. I don't have a dog in the fight. Nor do I feel inclined to have to share this with others unless they ask. But it can most definitely be useful for someone who feels like they are on pins and needles about the economy and direction of the market and therefore use TA for good support or resistance levels based on their own analysis. That's what I was going for here. TSLA is in a range...and for anyone who doesn't just sit and hold, it could be worthwhile information. To each their own though. Take it, or leave it. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Options have been a disaster for me 9 out of 10 times. Only AMC paid off.
Market makers eat most retail options traders for lunch... You aren't alone. Talk about a rigged game though... That's the one. IMO. But, just like any good analysis...if you do your homework you can set up a system where you can beat the other side of trade more often than not. Most options traders try to win. You could win 90 percent of the time and still be a net net loser in the options world...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard