The Market 2021

Discussion in 'Finance, Investments, and Careers' started by Folster, Jan 7, 2021.

1. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

But no one needs advice on how to have a position in cash. He's asking people to pay for his insight, but he's not willing to bet on himself.

2. dscher

dscher Registered

Why not? You don't obviously. But many, would love to pay for a service that could potentially get them out or raise awareness at potential market tops along with being back in at bottoms. I'd argue capital preservation is the most important aspect of investing. Warren Buffett would agree.

3. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

The service can't "potentially get them out" unless someone somewhere actually makes a decision. Real advice would be, "Get at least 25% of your assets into cash now." But these no-name independent speculators never do that. They just say, "Hur durr, you should consider cash, in case the market tanks, which it might, because sometimes the market tanks." Anyone who finds value in that level of advice shouldn't be making decisions at all, but instead should be completely turning things over to someone with a brain.

It's just transparent preying on the ill-informed, and I find it unethical. And it's pushing me closer to becoming a financial advisor myself, so that I do my small part to bring some integrity to the profession.

4. dscher

dscher Registered

It's cool. If his information can be of value to anyone else that's interested, then that's what it's posted for. We have enough bullish "nothing to see here, everything is fine" info out there to sort from as it is..imo.

And yes... I agree. If you need someone to be so sure of the markets have an advisor manage your money for you. Absolutely!

5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Going to be an interesting week, especially on the Doge front.

6. dscher

dscher Registered

7. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor