The Grayson Allen thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm going to try to ignore the dollar amounts, but I LOVE this signing.

Starting lineup set for 2024-2025. And it probably will not change, no matter how much half this board wants to trade KD.

Royce O'Neal is the next domino, but beyond that, it's all minimums again.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm going to try to ignore the dollar amounts, but I LOVE this signing.

Starting lineup set for 2024-2025. And it probably will not change, no matter how much half this board wants to trade KD.

Royce O'Neal is the next domino, but beyond that, it's all minimums again.
We do have a draft pick this summer. I would hope ishbia would invest whatever it takes to hit on a sleeper. If you can retain Royce, bol improves some and you hit that rookie as a contributor you are starting to create some semblance of a bench. Find an older pg/big who wants to play with some stars, and who knows…

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We do have a draft pick this summer. I would hope ishbia would invest whatever it takes to hit on a sleeper. If you can retain Royce, bol improves some and you hit that rookie as a contributor you are starting to create some semblance of a bench. Find an older pg/big who wants to play with some stars, and who knows…
You're right, forgot about the draft pick (#20) this year.

Jared McCain with #20, Zach Edey with Pick #35, AJ Johnson with Pick #57.

NOTE: The above opinion comes with basically ZERO research!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Well, it may not be the popular opinion on here, but I would take Cam Johnson over Grayson - but it is close.

I just think his size and defense and rim pressure is enough better to make up for his worse shooting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except for the luxury tax, signing Grayson Allen for 4 years/ $70 million is a bargain in this market.

If the Suns want to contend going forward, there was no choice.

This was a great signing.
I don't think it's really a bargain - it's just a fair deal.

Odds are he regresses next year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Well, it may not be the popular opinion on here, but I would take Cam Johnson over Grayson - but it is close.

I just think his size and defense and rim pressure is enough better to make up for his worse shooting.

I’d take Cam if their durability was equal but it’s not. Cam has too many injury issues.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Size, ok. But the rest? Seems to me you don't really watch either of them! :)

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

At this point I’d trade Booker for Cam and all the picks we gave them back. This will not age well

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the Suns only have one first round pick in the upcoming 2024 draft. I believe it's around #23.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard