The Grayson Allen thread

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I vote for a change of thread title, if there is such a thing, removing the "dirty play". This guy has turned into a gem and I haven't seen him do anything dirty out there. Probably my favorite Sun right now. I get his rep when he came here, but at this point it doesn't seem appropriate to have his thread title highlighting his former baggage. @JCSunsfan

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I vote for a change of thread title, if there is such a thing, removing the "dirty play". This guy has turned into a gem and I haven't seen him do anything dirty out there. Probably my favorite Sun right now. I get his rep when he came here, but at this point it doesn't seem appropriate to have his thread title highlighting his former baggage. @JCSunsfan
Agreed, what's the dirty play count in Phoenix 62 games in?

That's what I thought.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Done

Reaction score
I thought really for the first time all season last night vs. Raptors they were actively looking at him as either the 1st or second option. He should ALWAYS be the third one to get the ball when KD is doubled, to Beal or Book who will get closed-on/doubled and him in the corner. I think he has been underused.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I thought really for the first time all season last night vs. Raptors they were actively looking at him as either the 1st or second option. He should ALWAYS be the third one to get the ball when KD is doubled, to Beal or Book who will get closed-on/doubled and him in the corner. I think he has been underused.
yessir he started getting the Reggie Miller treatment start of the 3rd quarter - defenders not just staying close but literally keeping one hand on him the whole time - blocking the passing lane - being super physical - disrupting his path toward screens

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Allen likes living in PHX,,,he loves the fan support,,,he knows he is on a winning team with potential to advance.....he can bring the ball up court, play defense, and score big when on target.

Allen says: "he's not yet thinking about resigning"

The Suns need to twist his hand, get him under contract for 2/3 more years, and pay him an offer he can't refuse.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Allen likes living in PHX,,,he loves the fan support,,,he knows he is on a winning team with potential to advance.....he can bring the ball up court, play defense, and score big when on target.

The Suns need to twist his hand, get him under contract for 2/3 more years, and pay him an offer he can't refuse.
I'm pretty sure JJ is on record with wanting to re-sign him this off season. I also think Allen wants to come back, but is not going to get his hopes up because nothing is guaranteed in the NBA.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A lot of players have said that in the last 3 years.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
grayson stayed out on the court - participated in bucks post-game prayer after the game which was really cool - they were messing with him the whole game - milwaukee is the polar opposite of phx right now - their camaraderie is real and tangible - we haven't seen that type of culture in a few years now and even then it fell off a cliff in the playoffs

i have become a huge grayson fan - pretty sure we all have but i wonder if he's a fan of the disfunctionality we can't break loose from

what im saying is - and i hope im wrong - is every contender will want the best 3 point shooter in the league on their squad next year - he's become clutch - his defense isn't that shabby and while ishbia may be willing to pay more than everyone else im pretty sure the league won't allow it because of how much we pay everyone else

we're going to get outbid - and yeah the weather here is nice but that's not going to do it - unless something clicks here in the last part of the season (does anyone see that happening?) i think it's asta la vista baby - ted cruz to cancun all over again - the chickens are not clucking around here

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
grayson stayed out on the court - participated in bucks post-game prayer after the game which was really cool - they were messing with him the whole game - milwaukee is the polar opposite of phx right now - their camaraderie is real and tangible - we haven't seen that type of culture in a few years now and even then it fell off a cliff in the playoffs

i have become a huge grayson fan - pretty sure we all have but i wonder if he's a fan of the disfunctionality we can't break loose from

what im saying is - and i hope im wrong - is every contender will want the best 3 point shooter in the league on their squad next year - he's become clutch - his defense isn't that shabby and while ishbia may be willing to pay more than everyone else im pretty sure the league won't allow it because of how much we pay everyone else

we're going to get outbid - and yeah the weather here is nice but that's not going to do it - unless something clicks here in the last part of the season (does anyone see that happening?) i think it's asta la vista baby - ted cruz to cancun all over again - the chickens are not clucking around here
Grayson is by far my favorite new Sun.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Ishbia pays, he stays. There is no precedent for the league to say no, he can't re-sign here. It's all on Ishbia whether he wants to open his wallet. You're worried over something you shouldn't be considering. The Warriors payroll has been higher than ours will be so this isn't even the most expensive roster assembled. The league never blocked them re-upping one of their free agents.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Ishbia pays, he stays. There is no precedent for the league to say no, he can't re-sign here. It's all on Ishbia whether he wants to open his wallet. You're worried over something you shouldn't be considering. The Warriors payroll has been higher than ours will be so this isn't even the most expensive roster assembled. The league never blocked them re-upping one of their free agents.
cool - i thought the apron stuff could prohibit the amount we offer

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Most contenders don't have more than MLE to offer Allen. I believe only Thunders habe room under cap to offer more. After all, Allen is still a role player unable to create his own shots, although an excellent one next to at least 2 superstars. That's interesting that he didn't pan out with the Bucks.