The Grayson Allen thread

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
What I like Allen most is he never forces it, at least after our big-3 all come back. In the last couple games, he shyed away or missed some early 3pt chances, but was reliable iron-heart killers in the 2nd half with his 3s. Also, his defense improved a lot compared to begin of the season. His focus and timing are as good as possible given his size and speed. So, I'd rate him higher than CamJ on both O and D currently.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Allen is solid for the starting five, and with his high energy play, 3-pt eye, plays defense well, can bring the ball up court when needed,,,,makes him
part of the BIG FOUR!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that this entire thread was dedicated to his alleged dirty play and I have seen zero of it. I have seen him be sneaky or make hard fouls but I have not seen one ounce of "dirty" in this guy. He is the type of sharp shooting, dirt worker, type player I would love to keep on the team long term if they can figure it out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that this entire thread was dedicated to his alleged dirty play and I have seen zero of it. I have seen him be sneaky or make hard fouls but I have not seen one ounce of "dirty" in this guy. He is the type of sharp shooting, dirt worker, type player I would love to keep on the team long term if they can figure it out.

Here are some plays to view in college, summer league and the NBA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I have to agree. He has been a rock solid addition.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I have to agree. He has been a rock solid addition.
His defense has impressed me. He's not a complete zero like I expected and he's been head and shoulders better than Eric Gordon who I thought would be the stronger of the two. Grayson's effort has been more consistent and has been a more locked in team defender. He's had some great rotation blocks in key moments.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some plays to view in college, summer league and the NBA.

I don't care about any of it. Plus one of those was a T for slamming the ball and a couple of those were questionable. Not that he has not had some dirty plays in the past. I am talking about what he has done since he has been here. People were all worried about it and it has not manifested.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care about any of it. Plus one of those was a T for slamming the ball and a couple of those were questionable. Not that he has not had some dirty plays in the past. I am talking about what he has done since he has been here. People were all worried about it and it has not manifested.
I think the NBA "dirty" plays are blown out of proportion and wouldn't merit much of a mention had it not been for Grayson's dirty player reputation from college. I'm thrilled he's been nothing more than a typical wing defender and that he's shot the lights out for us but I don't apologize for knowing and saying he was a dirty player in college.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had one game very early in the year, might have been preseason, where he was clipped by a player while Grayson was attempting to play defense. I thought for sure he'd retaliate in some fashion, almost assuredly dirty in nature, but he drove hard and posterized that player a few possessions later and seemed to let it go after that. After that I hadn't even watched for dirty play since it signaled to me that he wasn't looking to hurt the team with his hissy fits. Glad to see he's acclimated himself here on the team and been a valuable contributor.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's no Bruce Bowen.

He's a different style of dirty. Dudes like Bowen and Pat Bev, they were constantly doing dirty crap, little things all the time, trying to irritate and (occasionally) injure. Those guys try to trigger people.

Allen isn't that guy, he isn't trying all game long to rile people up, he isn't an enforcer, he isn't going to go mix it up when he sees a fight starting. He is a cream puff 99.99% of the time. When Allen gets dirty it's because he just snaps, he isn't trying to trigger anyone, instead he is the one who explodes and he lashes out and does something crazy or dangerous.

He has been on his best behavior but I don't think anyone would be shocked if he randomly slugged someone or undercut somebody at some point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He's a different style of dirty. Dudes like Bowen and Pat Bev, they were constantly doing dirty crap, little things all the time, trying to irritate and (occasionally) injure. Those guys try to trigger people.

Allen isn't that guy, he isn't trying all game long to rile people up, he isn't an enforcer, he isn't going to go mix it up when he sees a fight starting. He is a cream puff 99.99% of the time. When Allen gets dirty it's because he just snaps, he isn't trying to trigger anyone, instead he is the one who explodes and he lashes out and does something crazy or dangerous.

He has been on his best behavior but I don't think anyone would be shocked if he randomly slugged someone or undercut somebody at some point.
Jesus, how many incidents has he had in the NBA? There is nothing outside of college that supports your theory that he is a powder keg ready to blow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I would be of he did at this juncture.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus, how many incidents has he had in the NBA? There is nothing outside of college that supports your theory that he is a powder keg ready to blow.

He got 2 flagrants in a few seconds while playing for Memphis and about a year and a half ago he broke Caruso's arm.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On purpose? I'll bet the number of flagrants he's has in the NBA isn't close to the most. You just want to hate on him. Why do you want to do that?

Nobody is hating on him. Why jump to extremes? He has a history, people were leery of him but he hasn't proved to be an issue here. I don't blame anyone for being a bit tentative when saying he's turned a corner and is no longer that guy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On purpose? I'll bet the number of flagrants he's has in the NBA isn't close to the most. You just want to hate on him. Why do you want to do that?

Chap... I am hardly the only person who thinks this. It's basically a universal opinion for any fan base he isn't currently playing for.

And it's not the amount of infractions, it's than when he does them they are of a style that it's like "what the hell is wrong with this guy?"

He's been on his best behavior so far here though.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I have not wanted to get a jersey since Amare.... if Grayson resigns I am getting one. The BS reason the media and a few on this board continue to push their hate is obvious

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have not wanted to get a jersey since Amare.... if Grayson resigns I am getting one. The BS reason the media and a few on this board continue to push their hate is obvious

Who here hates Grayson? I haven't seen anyone hate on him. Of course some were skeptical when he was brought in but almost universally everyone has given him his due for being a model citizen and great contributor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who here hates Grayson? I haven't seen anyone hate on him. Of course some were skeptical when he was brought in but almost universally everyone has given him his due for being a model citizen and great contributor.
Right? Seems Sparky may be the only one with an agenda as he’s seeking some slight that doesn’t exist.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison