The Dark Side Returns!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well - just now recovering from Coachella-itis and I have suprise for all of you . . . I LOVE THIS DRAFT! Man when I firsr heard about it, I was jumping for joy - I mean mutliple picks in the first round - infusion of talent everywhere -at two key positions of need - I'm actually starting to believe in Rod Graves - he has done it. This team is going to be comptetive as hell next year and for one can't wait to see it. I mean I am seeing red right now every where - feelings of euphoria, and flashes of red is all I see in the future - just one thing though, I can't keep from grinding my jaw . . . oh wait . . . maybe I'm still feeling the effects of something I took over the weekend - wait that's starting to fade . . . what is that that is coming in my head . . . No - No DON'T LET IT BE . . . REALITY!

ROD GRAVES IS THE WORST "WHATEVER THE HELL HE IS" IN PRO FOOTBALL. Calvin Pace?? Are you kidding me - first I can't get a straight read on this guy as every single scouting report says something different - ranging from non-stop motor - to motivational problem - good first burst v. weak first burst - and at pick 18??? And we moved back in the second round? Graves got beat up so badly this weekend it wasn't even funny. I'm not sure I can even go into detail about all the guffaws I heard this weeekend as far as the cards were concerned and I won't go into them now seeing as people have been ranting and raving against each other for 5 pages worth of posts. But the darkside has returned and will not sink to the level of calling other people's arguments "crap" or calling out people as "dolts" or my favorite one -"spoiled" - Hey Tango - I thought I was the only one who thought my brother was "spoiled" - do you have personal knowledge of him to make such a claim? :thumbup:

I just love everything this team does because it's like a great tragic comedy - it keeps a smile on my face at all times - If that's not enjoying your team I don't know what is! Bring on the next blunder! Bring on the season! Bring on the June 1st cuts wher again we will be able to sign no one of any considerable impact - and most of all BRING ON THAT BENGALS HOME GAME! IT'LL BE A DOOZY! :thumbup:

Oh and anyone who wants to take a potshot and say this was such a nicer placs without the drak-sode - be preparred to be called a bold faced liar as I will point you to five pages of people ragging on each other.

oh, and Tango . . . STOP CONRTRADICTING YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wow....you are basically in agreement with Lex.

You need to sit down, relax, and do some research on Pace. He is a pretty good player. He ran a 4.6 at his campus workouts, and a few teams wanted him at the end of the first round.

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Beef...you are my master.

Your post solidified all of my thoughts completely. I wrote this on another post but I think this is a better place for it; my Rod Graves is a Donkey list of blunders:

Let Boston go with no compensation
Could not sign Colvin/Holiday-yes this is his fault
Did not sign Robinson before the draft
Got raped by NO on draft day trade
Blundered the draft

More to follow

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
The "Darkside" can take a long walk off a short pier!

Bitter am I?

You bet!

I never got my Chesse-Robe, Jackass!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Wow....you are basically in agreement with Lex.

You need to sit down, relax, and do some research on Pace. He is a pretty good player. He ran a 4.6 at his campus workouts, and a few teams wanted him at the end of the first round.

Hey na - I just think Calvin was a big reach for what we did and what we needed. I wasn't a big wrkout numbers guy - Did I take them into consideration when evalutaing Suggs - yeah, but I really wanted Lefty and said I wanted suggs if Lefty wasn't the pick. I just look at what Graves has been able to do with the widest pocket book in Free agency and the number 6 pick in the draft and the fact that we haven't gotten ONE IMPACT PLAYER out of all of that is mind-boggling to me. Bottom line is you need character guys on the team, but impact talent wins games and Graves hasn't been able to do anything as far as that is concerned.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
The "Darkside" can take a long walk off a short pier!

Bitter am I?

You bet!

I never got my Chesse-Robe, Jackass!

The cheese-robes are on back-order - trying to get them at a cheaper price - trying to learn a thing or two from Emperor Bidwill - the man behind the man!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
VC both you and your brother are indeed classless dolts.

....and I base that on your posts here. Nothing more. I have never met you in real life, and really have no desire to either.

as NEM would say....end of story.:trout:

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
VC both you and your brother are indeed classless dolts.

....and I base that on your posts here. Nothing more. I have never met you in real life, and really have no desire to either.

as NEM would say....end of story.:trout:

Yeah, but how did you know he was spoiled?:thumbup:

And thank you once again for making my point for me.:D

Last edited:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Never under estimate the extent of Tango's domain of knowledge.:D

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesie, I think we are all a little frustrated, Krang included but why do you want to imply that this was Bidwill being cheap?

That is BS with no basis in fact.

Just RG got fleeced but it had nothing to do with being cheap, it had everything to do with being unlucky and a few seconds slow in calling the Chargers.

Back off from the darkside and conspiracy theories a bit Cheesie.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Nidan- No, no, Bidwill wasn't being cheap. It does seem odd, that the quotes out of HQ on saturday, all had to do with "value."

"He's not worth that pick."

Are we talking about contract worth?

Production worth?

What's the difference Nidan?

The cards saved an estimated 2 million by drafting 17-18 instead of #6. All we had to do to save this money, is WANT cheaper players. The guy's we WANTED weren't "worth" the #6 pick, so trade down and save 2 mil. and bad mouth the players projected higher. Simple.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Cheesie, I think we are all a little frustrated, Krang included but why do you want to imply that this was Bidwill being cheap?

That is BS with no basis in fact.

Just RG got fleeced but it had nothing to do with being cheap, it had everything to do with being unlucky and a few seconds slow in calling the Chargers.

Back off from the darkside and conspiracy theories a bit Cheesie.

relax man - I didn't mean to imply this move was cheap - I was making a joke. As far as unlucky, Graves has been too unlucky so far this offseaon - once, twice - okay, but this guy has been unlucky to the point of having IMO the worst offseason I have ever seen. Too many mistakes for me to say he's unlucky - too me, up to this point, he just looks like a moron.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
where and why did tango call me spoiled? why is he attacking me so vehemently? i don't call anyone names and he's callin' me out as classless? hmmm, seems to be the pot callin' the kettle . . .