Poster of the Year

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's like the US Presidency - need to have been born in the US to qualify.
I dunno... according to some people that didn't stop Obama?

Maybe Quebec can get a waiver if the hospital he was born in burns down and the records are destroyed??
I mean ..at least he is American

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
but is your offense defensible?

I've laboured over this question for a few moments and concluded that when I'm writing in proper English, I will use defence, and when I'm exchanging written form in French, I will use the French spelling—defense.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sure, like the Americans in the Philippines... like the British at the fall of Singapore.

Little known fact: the Germans lost more men and equipment against the French in six weeks than against the Russians in the first six months of Operation Barbarossa.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sure, like the Americans in the Philippines... like the British at the fall of Singapore.

Little known fact: the Germans lost more men and equipment against the French in six weeks than against the Russians in the first six months of Operation Barbarossa.
Please ...the only people the French haver ever beat in a war were other French.

That's why their claim to fame is resistance...not victory

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

One Army officer I knew who served with NATO forces in Afghanistan said the French were good soldiers.

The crappy soldiers that Americans don't talk about? The Italians. They wouldn't patrol and would sit around drinking espresso all day long and would report all of their "successful" patrols to NATO HQs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Please ...the only people the French haver ever beat in a war were other French.

That's why their claim to fame is resistance...not victory

Ignorance is bliss!

From a quick Google asking: What country has won the most battles in history?
  • France – 1115.
  • United Kingdom / England – 1105.
  • United States – 833.
  • Russia – 491.
  • Germany – 425.
  • Spain – 387.
  • Poland – 344.
  • Rome – 259.

P.S. The U.S. would be eating crumpets and drinking tea and warm beer if not for France in the Revolutionary War.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One Army officer I knew who served with NATO forces in Afghanistan said the French were good soldiers.

The crappy soldiers that Americans don't talk about? The Italians. They wouldn't patrol and would sit around drinking espresso all day long and would report all of their "successful" patrols to NATO HQs.

And everything said today in the U.S. about the French was once said about the Italians.

And this crap heated up after France refused to take part in the invasion of IRAQ.

Last edited: