Poster of the Year

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My brother when in Paris asked a waiter if he spoke English. The waiter said, “Of course, I speak very good English.” Then proceeded to talk to him in French. Classic.
People misunderstand the hilarious French as being rude.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People misunderstand the hilarious French as being rude.
No I know rude when I see it. I’m very well traveled. No excuse for the way they are under the guise of “being funny”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been to France a few times. The French were fine. Not any more “rude” than other places.
Yes it’s not France. It’s Paris. And they suck ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s not France. It’s Paris. And they suck ;)
A lot of it is sometimes they don’t default to smiles and hello right away. Just not what they do because they think it is disingenuous. But yes sometimes they are arrogant.

Just like workers at the international terminal in Chicago. Now that is rude.

Or some posters on here: rude.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have fun.

That's my backyard, so have been watching them practice and warm up for the air show. Thunderbirds were doing some cool things.
We were at Alex’s folks this morning. They live just south of the 10 by the 303 and all the planes were flying over us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve been all
Over the world and truly enjoyed everywhere I’ve been… But Paris was another ballgame…. I even did the “bonjour” and tried to say a few things in French. Just overall everywhere I went they were not pleasant or helpful like every other country I’ve been in. Hotel, Cabs, Ubers, Restaurants all pretty much miserable. Made me feel like most of them hate their lives lol…..

TBF the rest of France also say this about Parisiens.