The Chris Young thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's doing exactly what we need him to do............. in order to increase his trade value! :D Keep it up CY! Maybe we can grab a solid #3 starter next year?? ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Why do we need a number 3? Got Collmenter, Skaggs, Saunders, Bauer, Parker.

Who do we have to go into CF that is better than CY?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Why do we need a number 3? Got Collmenter, Skaggs, Saunders, Bauer, Parker.

Who do we have to go into CF that is better than CY?

LMAO... I know. I should stick to calling him out and attacking him so that he continues to produce!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone remember the thread about Parra being the everyday CF?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And hitless in series
Perhaps hitting eighth down the stretch and on the big stage has caught up with him.

He certainly didn't have the respect of the home plate umpire. I saw three pitches in one at-bat that were called strikes, but were clearly out of the strike zone.

The TNT announcers complimented the ump, but he was very inconsistent with the strike zone all night long. In the beginning, pretty much against the D'backs. After we blew it open, and it was headed to a 3 1/2 hour game, against the Brewers as well.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parra's hitting zone numbers this year are dazzling until you look at up and away (.206) and down and away (.193). In fact, throw him curves and changes down and away and he'll get himself out almost every time. Brewers threw him fastballs during the regular season. Now they're showing him respect by working the new scouting report on him. He's going to have to adjust and look for the soft stuff off the plate ... he picks it out properly and he has a chance to really knock those changeups over the opposite field fence.