• Yes

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
When players demand trades and run around trashing the team they're on it likely prevents the team from getting an ideal value when the trade takes place. Especially with Dhop. Love his play but he's pretty much said screw the Cardinals once the losing started

We're at a point where it's take what you can get now or wait until a top team loses one of their top receivers

And we ain't waiting because Monti wants to clear the books entirely. And he wants to have a successful draft. Plus Dhop didn't just hurt his trade value for the Cardinals - he hurt his own value - by both trashing his team and by representing himself. Unfortunately his value will likely continue to fall

So whatever - it sucks but it is what it is. And I don't even consider Dhop one of Keim's mistakes - made complete sense because we actually almost appeared to be possible legit contenders lmao

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mahomes isn't on our team because moving up 1-3 spots for QBs with tons of warts (at the time) for the cost of a future first round pick and maybe more would have gotten the team absolutely eviscerated by the fanbase. And would have been decried as one of the dumbest moves this franchise has ever made if Mahomes didn't develop in AZ like he did under Andy Reid.
We have established on this board you are very risk averse. I am just pointing out that risk aversion has been the Cardinals MO for a long time which has cost them players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You can't be "aggressive" when the roster is bereft of talent and desperately needs more fliers than it does to mortgage the future for one or two guys.
Getting quality players at critical positions is always priority 1.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most likely not real, but he is a local sports blogger in Philly.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I could definitely see this happening. Cardinals move to 12, and the Texans draft both Anderson & QB. Cardinals het a big haul to move to 12.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I could definitely see this happening. Cardinals move to 12, and the Texans draft both Anderson & QB. Cardinals het a big haul to move to 12.
To me it's the only deal that you would even consider doing before the draft starts.. and you can probably get a decent haul from Texas, just because they control all the variables at number two.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The draft value chart show that a trade to #11 should net the Cards #11, #41, #72 with 230 points to spare or a 2nd in 2024. Anything less would be malfeasance by Monti. If they would like to through in Jeffrey Simmons, I would take #11 and discard the rest.
Throw the chart out on a top 3 pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We have established on this board you are very risk averse. I am just pointing out that risk aversion has been the Cardinals MO for a long time which has cost them players.
I’m not as risk averse as you think. I didn’t have faith in Keim to make the right moves, and felt like we were slipping into a bad pattern where we never had enough young, cost controlled talent, and it's proving out now.

There's a time and place for being aggressive. Sometimes you need volume, and to preserve later value.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Keep hearing the Cards want to get into the end of round one. Not saying they’d move down to there. I heard they turned down some deal with KC that involved Hopkins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson