Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rumors are starting to start to pick up!

I can/someone can just change the title of this thread into the "NFL draft rumors thread"

Let me/us know in the poll

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay I will change the title and post something I saw on the tweets.

Give me a second.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Wild thought For my own rumor! In 2011 they changed the rule that you couldn’t sign the first pick before the draft, but teams have often leaked their choice. I’m sure the Panthers had a pick in mind when they traded up. Do you think there’s any chance they’ve decided they don’t care which of the top 3 QBs they get? Could they trade the top pick and move slightly down? The Cards would have no interest, but if the Cards swapped before the draft, the moving up team might. Like the Cards, Carolina needs several players. This could really throw the draft up for grabs.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
There’s quite a bit of buzz about the Cards trading pick #34+ to move up into the end of round #1. Big mistake in my mind as a bunch of good players will be there at 34.
If we get a huge haul to move down from #3 (like say with Titans), I don't mind using some of that additional capital to jump up and get the guy we want. End of round 1 picks are valuable too because if they hit you get an extra cost-controlled year. If we stand pat at #3 though, I don't think we have enough draft capital to trade our picks away given our current roster needs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams marketing team is pumping this out while the Cards team is doing word searches (keep an eye on the grill)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
There’s quite a bit of buzz about the Cards trading pick #34+ to move up into the end of round #1. Big mistake in my mind as a bunch of good players will be there at 34.
wonder if its about getting the fifth year option

also: they are one of three teams that have to find their starting center in the draft (or, endure another Billy Price year).

as crazy as it sounds: i wonder if they consider the need to move into round 1 to guarantee they get the C they really want

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think the Bucs are actually in the perfect position to just sit tight and improve the roster. Baker is still young enough, that if he performs at a high level, then you can sign him longer term and build around him. If he doesn't preform, then you've got a reasonably good shot at a top 5, or higher pick, in 2024 with that QB class, but you didn't have to give up anything to make it happen and you still got to build your roster this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Kyler is the guy for this coaching staff and FO, at least for now. Interesting ideas open up if they don't/didn't think that way. Trade down for very little this year but a haul for next year, to ensure we have enough ammo to move up for a top QB if necessary.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the "rising" thing is so contrived

are we to beleive that for 9 months, NFL teams think he is, lets say, a mid to late first round QB --

and suddenly during draft week --- with little to no new information -- everyone is reconsidering?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson