The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone have video of Gobert making fun of people panicking about the Coronavirus and then purposefully touching all the microphones? Apparently that really happened. And he has it! The freaking ******** has it!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My dad is just finishing chemo right now. This is a real thing for me.
Our mom is in chemo and her cancer is in her lung and heart. She’s spent unplanned weeks at mayo with her numbers dropping after each chemo treatment for three months now. VERY VERY real for cheese and me. Just had to have a very blunt conversation her and our pop about self quarantining right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect the novel corona virus impacts almost every family or friends in some way. It sounds like this country is finally waking up to this.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be Vince Carter's final NBA play. He's the oldest player in the league now at 43 years old and is in his 22nd NBA season. Kind of crazy he made it that long.

I remember when he was younger and Barkley would call him "Half-Man/Half-a-Season" as a play on his "Half-Man/Half-Amazing" nickname. He did play for the Suns back during the 2010-11 season.

No love lost, Carter never was a Sun. He was never as engaged as he should have been.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Our mom is in chemo and her cancer is in her lung and heart. She’s spent unplanned weeks at mayo with her numbers dropping after each chemo treatment for three months now. VERY VERY real for cheese and me. Just had to have a very blunt conversation her and our pop about self quarantining right now.

Ugh, that sucks, very sorry to hear this. My father-in-law is 85 and in a skilled nursing facility, and my wife is thinking that she probably shouldn't visit him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Chuck might have it, he's self quarantining while awaiting test results.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Thx BC. We’ve been pretty private about it. But what’s going on now makes it all the more alarming.
I keep telling myself that I'm retired. I can control exposure. But it is still a matter of chance.

For example, I found out that the air that exhausts from my apartment air conditioning and heat doesn't
go into the air, but back into other apartments within my cluster. Staying home doesn't protect me?!?

And, with an overactive immune system that attacks various internal parts of my body, I never know
what to expect. Especially hearing over and over that senior citizens are at the most risk. And I just
turned 79.

I'm not in the situation of your Mom, so I'll protect myself the best I can. In my case, curtailing eating
out, whether Asian or Italian or pizza or gourmet burger or even fast food, is what bothers me the most.

But I feel for the people everywhere who are suffering.

I shouldn't say this . . . but I couldn't help but wonder if China is behind this as a way to punish the rest
of the world while controlling their extremely high population. After all, Russia controls our elections. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I keep telling myself that I'm retired. I can control exposure. But it is still a matter of chance.

For example, I found out that the air that exhausts from my apartment air conditioning and heat doesn't
go into the air, but back into other apartments within my cluster. Staying home doesn't protect me?!?

And, with an overactive immune system that attacks various internal parts of my body, I never know
what to expect. Especially hearing over and over that senior citizens are at the most risk. And I just
turned 79.

I'm not in the situation of your Mom, so I'll protect myself the best I can. In my case, curtailing eating
out, whether Asian or Italian or pizza or gourmet burger or even fast food, is what bothers me the most.

But I feel for the people everywhere who are suffering.

I shouldn't say this . . . but I couldn't help but wonder if China is behind this as a way to punish the rest
of the world while controlling their extremely high population. After all, Russia controls our elections. :shrug:
I think you rest a little easy regarding your ductwork because it’s really supposed be a six foot distance for air transmittal. I don’t think it’s supposed to carry very far. More importantly deter to minimize what you’re touching around the common areas of your apartment (door handles, handrails, mailboxes, elevator buttons, etc. ) wash your hands as soon as you get back into your apartment.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing someone like Zion step up and make a pledge like this shows the kid has a good head on his shoulders. It should be the team owners doing this but that it's being done by players is very cool.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Slow times... Kobe playoff games at Book’s age:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thoughts are with you and your family bud.
Mine with you too. The good news is that his most recent tests came back clean. We are thrilled about that. Doctors were giving him a 50-50 chance when we started. He will have one more treatment as a precaution, but his immune system is severely compromised right now. It would be horrible to get clear of the cancer and then have a real problem from a virus.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mine with you too. The good news is that his most recent tests came back clean. We are thrilled about that. Doctors were giving him a 50-50 chance when we started. He will have one more treatment as a precaution, but his immune system is severely compromised right now. It would be horrible to get clear of the cancer and then have a real problem from a virus.
Holy cow that’s awesome! Just keep him seriously sequestered. Happy for you and your family!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been 6 days since Charles Barkley announced he wasn't feeling well and was awaiting test results and still no word as far as I can tell. I'm trying not to read too much into that but 16 hours a day of Covid-19 TV has me seeing viruses in my sleep. Anyway, hope all is well with Chuck.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news on the Barkley front. He announced today that his test result for Covid-19 was negative.