The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

It's up to the referees to get the call right not Harden. Anyway, he immediately rushed to make sure the referees counted the dunk. IMO, the protest should be upheld. There is no excuse not getting the call right in the day of instant replay.

All that being said, it should be something fair. It's not the Spurs fault.

2. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

Exactly.

3. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

The only possible thing the league can realistically do is suspend the referee crew and possibly change rules. Though it's my understanding that they had the option to challenge it, but waited too long to make that decision. Maybe they can give the refs leeway to initiate a replay anytime there is a questionable play like that?

Also I fully understand it is the refs job to get it right, but considering none of them appeared to see the ball go through it is somewhat understandable that Harden's initial reaction might have affected their decision on the play.

4. Mainstreet

Anyone want Kevin Love's $28,942,830 salary?

5. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

If he only had a year or 2 left I would be a little intrigued, but with 3 more years after this year it would just be crippling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  6. Mainstreet

My understanding there was real confusion as what to challenge. Clearly watching the video, Harden and the Rockets were protesting the call.

This is what D'Antoni was quoted as saying:

Personally I could care less about the outcome of the game but the league needs to be more humble on wanting to get the call right... a field goal no less. The referees needed to review that play.

On top of that the league office didn't do anything on their own afterwards.

A part of me is still upset about how high and mighty the league was in suspending Amare and Diaw. The league needs common sense.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28222229/rockets-hopeful-nba-acts-james-harden-dunk-not-counted

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. Mainstreet

Maybe but I would hope the Suns look at a younger player. I've never been a huge Kevin Love fan.

8. Mainstreet

Of course Kellan Olson puts up this picture of James Jones and Kevin Love with a championship trophy.

9. Mainstreet

10. Mainstreet

11. Mainstreet

12. CRC83

CRC83 Registered

Agreed. I don’t know that his impact would be that different than Saric. Maybe a slightly better version.

Mainstreet likes this.
  13. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

I always liked Kevin Love, but being a defensive liability and injury prone, he is simply not worth his actual contract, IMO.

He would offer a (slight) upgrade over Saric in rebounding, passing and 3P-shooting but is that worth 90 mil. in 3 years? I do not think so.

Since the Suns are a borderline play-off team at best and do not have any bad long-term contracts I just do not see trade fit for Love.

SirStefan32, elindholm and gimpy like this.
  14. Finito

Finito Registered

I don’t see anyone taking on that contract. That’s a lot of money for an aging PF. The Cavs are going to have to sweetin in the pot draft picks/ young players to get out of that contract

15. Mainstreet

I'm not wanting the Suns to give up young assets for Love beyond Tyler Johnson's contract. The Cavaliers would want young players and/or picks. It's not worth it to tie up the Suns future in a 31 year player.

Also the Suns biggest need seems to be adding a defensive FC. Someone should be available at a much lower price.