Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Keith Olbermann
@KeithOlbermann

·
18m

BREAKING. Source: Madison Square Garden offered the use of its entire facility to both the city and state of New York as a site for a Coronavirus hospital/medical facility during crisis.

Gov. Cuomo’s office determined MSG would not be ideal for the purpose; gratefully declined.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark Cuban is optimistic the 19-20 NBA schedule can resumed by the middle of May although perhaps without fans.

"Hopefully by the middle of May, we're starting to get back to normal and the NBA is playing games," Cuban said. "Maybe not with fans, but we're playing it because sports plays such an important role. You know, people want something to cheer for, people want something to rally around, people want something to be excited about."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Over-Under-Of-June-1st-For-NBA-Resuming-Games

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Colangelo and Gregg Popovich remain committed to team USA in 2021.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bull to start formal search for top executive.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
K.C. Johnson
@KCJHoop
· 26m
Michael Reinsdorf's original timeline to begin interviews was end of regular season. As 1st reported by @wojespn, that process will begin next week. As previously reported, Reinsdorf didn't act when league shut down because of unprecedented situation and sensitivity to situation

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that will effect the Bulls likelihood of trading Lauri but I think hiring someone new will probably lessen the odds of him being dealt, although he's probably be their best trade chip right now. I know their pick will have value but there are a lot of variables to take into consideration with a lotto pick before the lottery takes place.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that will effect the Bulls likelihood of trading Lauri but I think hiring someone new will probably lessen the odds of him being dealt, although he's probably be their best trade chip right now. I know their pick will have value but there are a lot of variables to take into consideration with a lotto pick before the lottery takes place.

Bulls don't have much talent on their roster. I bet they would want a lot for him especially with someone new at the top. My guess they would minimally want a young player on the rise and a first round pick to even think about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the official announcement about the Hall of Fame entrants.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the official announcement about the Hall of Fame entrants.

I'm not a fan of the word epic because it's so overused nowadays but that class deserves that classification. You know it's a great class when you can't even really make a case for KG being the #2 player in it.

That Kobe induction will be hard to watch. Such a shame he didn't live long enough to take part in his own HOF induction.

I don't think it'll happen now with Kobe's passing but seeing and hearing the debates of who had the better career, Kobe or Duncan, would have been interesting. Both finished with 5 titles and both played their entire careers with 1 franchise. Kobe was an 18 time All-Star, 15 time All-NBA, 12 time All-Defensive team, 2 time Finals MVP, 4 time All-Star MVP, and 1 time league MVP.

Duncan was a 15 time All-Star, 15 time All-NBA team, 15 time All-Defensive team, 3 time Finals MVP, 1 time All-Star MVP, and 2 time league MVP. Duncan was also Rookie of the Year, something Kobe didn't win, but I don't think that matters much when comparing their careers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the word epic because it's so overused nowadays but that class deserves that classification. You know it's a great class when you can't even really make a case for KG being the #2 player in it.

That Kobe induction will be hard to watch. Such a shame he didn't live long enough to take part in his own HOF induction.

I don't think it'll happen now with Kobe's passing but seeing and hearing the debates of who had the better career, Kobe or Duncan, would have been interesting. Both finished with 5 titles and both played their entire careers with 1 franchise. Kobe was an 18 time All-Star, 15 time All-NBA, 12 time All-Defensive team, 2 time Finals MVP, 4 time All-Star MVP, and 1 time league MVP.

Duncan was a 15 time All-Star, 15 time All-NBA team, 15 time All-Defensive team, 3 time Finals MVP, 1 time All-Star MVP, and 2 time league MVP. Duncan was also Rookie of the Year, something Kobe didn't win, but I don't think that matters much when comparing their careers.

"Epic" is the word. Kobe, Duncan and Garnett is an awesome class. It's almost a shame they enter together because each deserve individual attention.

Maybe the lesson to be learned, it is better to bestow the honor too early than too late.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Epic" is the word. Kobe, Duncan and Garnett is an awesome class. It's almost a shame they enter together because each deserve individual attention.

Maybe the lesson to be learned, it is better to bestow the honor too early than too late.

They recently changed the rule for entry or eligibility and reduced it by 1 year, so now I believe it's 4 years after a player retires or plays in their last game instead of the 5 years that it was before. Any less than that is too short.

Another entry in this class who isn't getting the press they deserve because of who is going in with them is Rudy Tomjanovich, who is long overdue for induction, IMO. Now he'll finally get in but be overshadowed.

Here is the whole class and a link to the official announcement.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudy Tomjanovich was a great coach and a great player but the Kermit Washington incident will always be associated with him as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq almost did the same thing to Brad Miller.

I wonder how long Shaq would be suspended in today's game? Probably not long because he was a star.

Oakley was the one who delivered the worst foul but Miller got the brunt of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson