The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondered why they didn't do that again or call a timeout. They just let them get back into the game when clearly the momentum and lead wasn't going the Nuggets way.

I really hate Ingles. His head bobs and flopping. Then he manages to sneak these kinds of cheap shots in the games too. Really gets under my skin.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Nuggets changed their strategy. Earlier in the game they took the ball out of Mitchell's hands at half-court using double teams. It was effective and let the Nuggets build their lead. Without the double team Mitchell could keep the ball in his hands and had an unobstructed vision of the defense. That's when he went on that 14-0 run.

I didn't see Ingles do anything out of the ordinary on that foul to Murray but he has a knack for these things. Murray was never the same after the foul. It seemed like it might have irritated his hamstring.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure why the Nuggets changed their strategy. Earlier in the game they took the ball out of Mitchell's hands at half-court using double teams. It was effective and let the Nuggets build their lead. Without the double team Mitchell could keep the ball in his hands and had an unobstructed vision of the defense. That's when he went on that 14-0 run.

I didn't see Ingles do anything out of the ordinary on that foul to Murray but he has a knack for these things. Murray was never the same after the foul. It seemed like it might have irritated his hamstring.
Ingles...sorry no one guards like that in the nba unless its intentional. It didn't seem like it but this is Ingles we are talking about.

I just think it was a major hit to a major muscle, quads, and deep into his tissue/bone. Seems like he couldn't explode off it it like he normally does.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ingles...sorry no one guards like that in the nba unless its intentional. It didn't seem like it but this is Ingles we are talking about.

I just think it was a major hit to a major muscle, quads, and deep into his tissue/bone. Seems like he couldn't explode off it it like he normally does.

Ingles has a reputation for this stuff. Ironically if Ingles plays better the Jazz probably win. He missed a lot of open shots that he normally hits against the Suns.

I think Murray already had hamstring issues so this flareup doesn't help. He didn't look the same after the collision.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Morris Sr. fined $35,000 for foul on Luka.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka fined $15,000 for throwing ball off referee's legs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Chris Middleton is your second best player, you ain’t coming close to winning a title.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pass to Butler was like throwing the ball to a taller receiver trusting he will come down with the ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Game tied 114-114 when it looked like it was over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible ways to end this game.

Two possible no calls to finish out the game. The foul by Dragic wasn't much, neither was the foul by Giannis.

In older days the referees call neither.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darius Bazley for OKC has the chance to be really good someday.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two possible no calls to finish out the game. The foul by Dragic wasn't much, neither was the foul by Giannis.

In older days the referees call neither.

it was BS on Dragic, but that was a clear foul on Giannis not today not ever have you been allowed to get in the way of a guy coming down from a shot. You can’t put your hand on him and push him while he’s in the air.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dort bouncing back from a bad shooting performance which is a great sign for a rookie.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was BS on Dragic, but that was a clear foul on Giannis not today not ever have you been allowed to get in the way of a guy coming down from a shot. You can’t put your hand on him and push him while he’s in the air.

Only saying in yesteryear the referees often swallowed the whistle at the end of games unless the foul was egregious. They didn't want to determine the outcome of the game. It's not that way anymore.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Rockets don't win it's hard to know where they go.

D'Antoni might not return and the Rockets have a lot of money tied up in older players: Harden, Westbrook and Gordon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams are missing layups until Shai nails a 3-pointer for OKC to take lead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shai had a good looking mid-range shot and turned it down.

Rockets lead 103-102 with 41.9 seconds left.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden blocks Dort 3-point attempt. It should be game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC still got a chance with 1.2 seconds left. Now 1.1 seconds.