The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only saying in yesteryear the referees often swallowed the whistle at the end of games unless the foul was egregious. They didn't want to determine the outcome of the game. It's not that way anymore.

i get it but I’m saying that’s a foul in any era. You have to let a guy come down after his jump shot. He put his hand on him and pushed him to the ground.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden was horrible tonight. I love him but good lord he’s a choke artist

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AsUpRoDiGy

Sort of ironic, one Sun Devil blocking a shot by another... Harden blocking Dort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i get it but I’m saying that’s a foul in any era. You have to let a guy come down after his jump shot. He put his hand on him and pushed him to the ground.

They said Dragic came underneath the shooter too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Finito

To be clear, I wouldn't have called the foul on Dragic. I thought that was good defense.

Technically Giannis fouled Butler by touching him on the side with the hand as he went past.

Bottom line. A defensive player can't touch a 3-point shooter no matter how slight.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So who chocked more last night? CP3 of course, he had the chance to prove himself but went lame and passive and decided to make a bad pass to the corner while no one was open. He wasn't being locked down either, just poor decision making.

Harden despite bad offense didnt give up and made an outstanding block and although it was out of bounds already, had the presence to jump and make Dort miss.

Westbrook was very disappointing all game, bad passes and missed shots. I can't believe Dantoni is still a NBA coach, so predicitable. LeBron will out coach him.

The Heat game, Giannis who i was a fan of, looks overrated. Idk whats going on with him, maybe the freethrows got to his head. Dragic didn't foul, that was a terrible call. The game ending foul was legit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who chocked more last night? CP3 of course, he had the chance to prove himself but went lame and passive and decided to make a bad pass to the corner while no one was open. He wasn't being locked down either, just poor decision making.

Harden despite bad offense didnt give up and made an outstanding block and although it was out of bounds already, had the presence to jump and make Dort miss.

Westbrook was very disappointing all game, bad passes and missed shots. I can't believe Dantoni is still a NBA coach, so predicitable. LeBron will out coach him.

The Heat game, Giannis who i was a fan of, looks overrated. Idk whats going on with him, maybe the freethrows got to his head. Dragic didn't foul, that was a terrible call. The game ending foul was legit.

Westbrook missing lots of layups and Harden not being able to buy a basket... that's not on D'Antoni.

The Lakers have more talent and are bigger upfront.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If one thing that makes me happy today, is knowing that cp3 choked again. Making big shot after shot, then decides to throw it to someone covered with plenty of time left. Weird decision he made but thats the cp3 i like seeing fail. I hate the guy, no sorry's given considering how he walked off the court.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
CP3 had an incredible year after OKC was basically written off. He’s still the most complete PG ever from a skill-set standpoint maybe ever.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players are aware of the need to register and vote.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja Morant wins Rookie of the Year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ja Morant wins Rookie of the Year.

You mean Isaiah Canaan 2.0 won Rookie of the Year?

Zion's injury hurt his chances, of course, but I think it would have been a solid race whether he was hurt or not. Ja does not look like a rookie out there, at all. He's going to be a top 3 PG within 5 years, health permitting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean Isaiah Canaan 2.0 won Rookie of the Year?

Zion's injury hurt his chances, of course, but I think it would have been a solid race whether he was hurt or not. Ja does not look like a rookie out there, at all. He's going to be a top 3 PG within 5 years, health permitting.

That sounds a bit familiar. :wink2:

Too bad the Suns couldn't get the 2nd pick in the 2019 draft. Morant would have looked so good in a Suns uniform. That will hurt for awhile.

Darius Bazley went just one pick before Jerome. That will sting as well. I recognized he had the chance to be an elite player even back then.

I hope I would have taken Bazley over Jerome but I can't say for sure. I wanted Jerome so bad with a late pick.

Always have to draft the BPA no matter what.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors looking so mortal at the moment against the Celtics as Boston leads 45-37.

They need another star so they may let some players walk.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raptors looking so mortal at the moment against the Celtics as Boston leads 45-37.

They need another star so they may let some players walk.

I can see them trading Lowry, resigning VanVleet, and building around their young core of Siakam, FVV, Norman Powell, OG Anunoby, and whatever they get for Lowry. Lowry to New York, perhaps? DeRozen has a player option on his contract next year and I could see him joining a team like the Knicks if they had Lowry, those 2 were tight. That would get the Knicks to the playoffs, at least. It would clear money from the Raptors books and add another young piece to go with Siakam and FVV. Barrett would be a hometown kid there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see them trading Lowry, resigning VanVleet, and building around their young core of Siakam, FVV, Norman Powell, OG Anunoby, and whatever they get for Lowry. Lowry to New York, perhaps? DeRozen has a player option on his contract next year and I could see him joining a team like the Knicks if they had Lowry, those 2 were tight. That would get the Knicks to the playoffs, at least. It would clear money from the Raptors books and add another young piece to go with Siakam and FVV. Barrett would be a hometown kid there.

It's so hard to see the Raptors give up Lowry. He is like the heart and soul of that team. Financially it makes sense though and allows for other moves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Knicks ain’t giving up Barrett for Lowry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game going down to wire. Celtics lead by two, 101-99. Thirty five seconds left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard