The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report former Georgetown coach John Thompson has died.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams on John Thompson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Ingram wins Most Improved Player of Year award.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As incredible as Giannis is, he’s got to learn how to become a closer yet if he’s ever going to be one of the all-time greats.

to make that happen, he’s either got to become a much better shooter or much better handling the ball. Ball-handling alone with a little better shot probably gets it done, but he’s got to get Kawhi level handles to be able to get any shot he wants where he wants it at the end of games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As incredible as Giannis is, he’s got to learn how to become a closer yet if he’s ever going to be one of the all-time greats.

to make that happen, he’s either got to become a much better shooter or much better handling the ball. Ball-handling alone with a little better shot probably gets it done, but he’s got to get Kawhi level handles to be able to get any shot he wants where he wants it at the end of games.

case in point that last play. Down 7, a minute left, he gets the ball on the outside tries to go to the hole but his handle is sloppy and loses it in the middle of the lane.

ballgame.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis should work on his post game. He could get a couple of go-to moves and shots there that would allow him to be fed late in games. Yes, it slows things down but if he's closing the game out, that shouldn't be an issue. I think he's too long to be a great ball handler but he should be able to replicate some Hakeem post moves that only require 2-3 dribbles. A turnaround jumper, a sweeping hook, going up and under for a lay-in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis should work on his post game. He could get a couple of go-to moves and shots there that would allow him to be fed late in games. Yes, it slows things down but if he's closing the game out, that shouldn't be an issue. I think he's too long to be a great ball handler but he should be able to replicate some Hakeem post moves that only require 2-3 dribbles. A turnaround jumper, a sweeping hook, going up and under for a lay-in.

that would work too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Dort can hit a few shots OKC can compete.

They beat the Rockets 104-100 to tie the series 3-3.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was having this conversation with my brother.

is Giannis good? He’s a physical freak I get that but his skill set is super limited. Get the ball at the top of the key, drive right. That’s pretty much his game.

his shooting isn’t really that great, his passing isn’t really that great and he’s a horrible free throw shooter.

tremendous on the break and on defense.

but can he be the best player on a championship team

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How is anybody going to win the Houston/OKC series final game with Paul/Harden/Westbrook all being notorious game 7 chokers?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

is Giannis good? He’s a physical freak I get that but his skill set is super limited. Get the ball at the top of the key, drive right. That’s pretty much his game.

his shooting isn’t really that great, his passing isn’t really that great and he’s a horrible free throw shooter.

He won’t have to be when the Warriors get him. ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it’s tough to say right now, mostly because there’s literally no one else on that team that can consistently get his own shot or create for others. That means at the end games, defenses can completely key in on him and right now, he doesn’t have the handles to be unstoppable.

Losing Brogdon and choosing Middleton as the big money guy was a big mistake by Milwaukee.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
it’s tough to say right now, mostly because there’s literally no one else on that team that can consistently get his own shot or create for others. That means at the end games, defenses can completely key in on him and right now, he doesn’t have the handles to be unstoppable.

Losing Brogdon and choosing Middleton as the big money guy was a big mistake by Milwaukee.
Well when we sign him next year we’ll find out. ;)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

it’s not only his handles it’s his passing and his decision making and he’s a flat out horrible free throw shooter(4-12 tonight)

he’s not a bum at all far from it but is he elite is he Lebron, Durant or Kawhi and the answer to that is no.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s not only his handles it’s his passing and his decision making and he’s a flat out horrible free throw shooter(4-12 tonight)

he’s not a bum at all far from it but is he elite is he Lebron, Durant or Kawhi and the answer to that is no.

he’s definitely not at those guys level at this point.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

You have some good points, but he is still an MVP after all, he can definitely be the best player on a championship team, the problem right now is you have to have a good PG or Point forward to win in this league and they lost their good one this year , with brogdon I would have my money on them winning this year

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow i always hated CP3, but last night takes the cake. Acting, flopping, then he gets the refs to stop the clock to review Hardens saved ball from Westbrook's airball.

I hate the terms...smart, savvy, verteran plays, etc

Its plain out right cheating and deceiving the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Net interview Jacque Vaughn for head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard