The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I just hope he wasn't a shooting guard. Having a shooting guard take over as head coach is just begging for pulled hamstrings.

No, I was literally thinking of pulling him out of retirement to play point guard, as in now. He's only three years older than Crawford, who was never a PG, so how much worse could he be?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only 7 games but Steph Curry is off to the best start of his career, which is scary. 33.7 ppg, 55% overall 53% from 3. Taking the most shots of his career so far, but still 6 APG. He's averaging 12 three attempts per game which is the most since the last year before Durant when he averaged 11 per game and 30 PPG.

I suspect some of it is Klay Thompson's slump, Klay is now 4-31 from 3, 13%. My guess is because Klay is struggling from 3, they're running more plays for Steph and Durant. Klay's aware of it too he's averaging just over 5 threes per game, the lowest since his rookie year. I would expect once Klay starts to make 3's, things will level off with Curry and Durant and their PPG numbers will come down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's only 7 games but Steph Curry is off to the best start of his career, which is scary. 33.7 ppg, 55% overall 53% from 3. Taking the most shots of his career so far, but still 6 APG. He's averaging 12 three attempts per game which is the most since the last year before Durant when he averaged 11 per game and 30 PPG.

I suspect some of it is Klay Thompson's slump, Klay is now 4-31 from 3, 13%. My guess is because Klay is struggling from 3, they're running more plays for Steph and Durant. Klay's aware of it too he's averaging just over 5 threes per game, the lowest since his rookie year. I would expect once Klay starts to make 3's, things will level off with Curry and Durant and their PPG numbers will come down.
whoa what is up with Klay???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoa what is up with Klay???

I think it's mental, the first few games the shots were on line just missing, the last couple he's been missing left and right too not just short or long. Seems like he's shooting great in warmups per the local announcers so it's a mental block thing for him. It has a lot to do with why Durant and Steph's scoring is up and why the games are closer(plus Iggy not playing regular minutes yet).

Klay had a terrifc game against the Kings in the exhibition games but since then he wasn't really shot the 3 well. Im hoping it's not Steve Sax syndrome

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Steph will end up a top-8ish player of all time when his career is over IMO. Maybe higher if they keep realing off titles.

The Warriors were a mess when he got there and was the driving force behind the turn around when he took his game to the next level under Mark Jackson followed by two MVP’s with Kerr plus a title. Then two more titles after KD. Of course you will hear hot takes about no finals MVP’s hurting his legacy.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steph will end up a top-8ish player of all time when his career is over IMO. Maybe higher if they keep realing off titles.

The Warriors were a mess when he got there and was the driving force behind the turn around when he took his game to the next level under Mark Jackson followed by two MVP’s with Kerr plus a title. Then two more titles after KD. Of course you will hear hot takes about no finals MVP’s hurting his legacy.
If Durant never joined the Warriors, I think Steph could've made a strong push for the "best PG ever" discussion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Durant never joined the Warriors, I think Steph could've made a strong push for the "best PG ever" discussion.

yup. Durant being there has really overshadowed how ridiculous Curry had become.

I'd love to see KD leave and have to face that squad again. Man... OKC v. GS would have been EPIC series for five years.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC completely botching the Harden situation and then Durant cowardly joining the Warriors really screwed up what could have been an epic, year and and year out war for supremacy in the West.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ty Lue has to be the worst coach who has ever won an NBA Title, right? I can't think of anyone else in the last 20 years who comes close. I'm surprised they stuck with him as long as they did. I guess Lebron gave him some job security.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
46/89. Whew! A 52% clip to boot!

And in at least 2 of those games he was so red hot he started taking wild shots because he knew he was going to come out. in the 51 point game he missed 3-4 he would have never taken if the game were closer. They weren't heat checks they were I know I'm coming out for the rest of the game soon so I'm trying to get my career high. In another game there were another 2-3 like that. Not that he doesn't take shots like that in "real" situations too but he's probably missed at least 6 this year that he only took because he knew he was coming out for good.

He's so dialed in right now it's scary. Last year I thought that he was too focused on drawing fouls on 3's and was missing shots because he was trying to get fouled, he's still doing that, and getting the calls, but this year he's making the shots too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's mental, the first few games the shots were on line just missing, the last couple he's been missing left and right too not just short or long. Seems like he's shooting great in warmups per the local announcers so it's a mental block thing for him. It has a lot to do with why Durant and Steph's scoring is up and why the games are closer(plus Iggy not playing regular minutes yet).

Klay had a terrifc game against the Kings in the exhibition games but since then he wasn't really shot the 3 well. Im hoping it's not Steve Sax syndrome

Well it looks like the Bulls and Zach LaVine are the unlucky team in the Klay Thompson saga. First quarter against the Bulls just over, Klay lit them up for 22 points in 10 minutes including 6-7 from 3! I think the net might have moved on one of his 3's, he was DIALED in.

Warriors up 44-28 at the end of 1. Zach has 9 but he was the unfortunate victim on many of Klay's points.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the record is for most 20 point quarters by different players on the same team in a single season? Not even 10 games in and all of Curry, Durant and Klay have done it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be like Steph's 50 point game for Klay unfortunately. 25 points 8-9 on 3's right now in 11 minutes but the shorthanded Bulls are down 25 already.

Alphonso McKinnie is 4-4 from 3 12 points in 8 minutes. games like this remind me just how good NBA players are

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This GS game is just ridiculous. Curry and Klay have a combine 59 points at halftime and the team is up 92-50. Is that the most points in a half?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
92-50 Warriors, at the half! Klay has 36, 10-14 from 3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 3rd quarter was almost unfair. THe Warriors knew Klay only needed to get to 13 to tie Steph's NBA record for made 3's in a game so they basically ran their offense to get 3's for Klay. He was 10-14 at the half and 4-10 in the 3rd quarter, NBA record 14 made 3's 52 points out in the 3rd. He probably won't get back in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic is looking like the real deal. And he is only 19.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson