The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I read something that said that when Butler has the ball he purposely doesn't pass to KAT, that's part of why his stats aren't great this year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read something that said that when Butler has the ball he purposely doesn't pass to KAT, that's part of why his stats aren't great this year.

I've avoided watching them play but I wouldn't doubt it a bit. After the way Butler handled his last season in Chicago I wouldn't put much past him. Still, if you can keep him happy and he doesn't destroy your chemistry, he'd be a great pickup for whatever team gambles on him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've avoided watching them play but I wouldn't doubt it a bit. After the way Butler handled his last season in Chicago I wouldn't put much past him. Still, if you can keep him happy and he doesn't destroy your chemistry, he'd be a great pickup for whatever team gambles on him.
One of the things that has made the Warriors good is that they have avoided players like this. I think.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the things that has made the Warriors good is that they have avoided players like this. I think.

Well, I wouldn't say they are exactly the same but Cousins and Javale both came with a lot of baggage (as did Green) so I don't know that they'd have a problem with him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't say they are exactly the same but Cousins and Javale both came with a lot of baggage (as did Green) so I don't know that they'd have a problem with him.
Speaking of Cousins baggage...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know some have said we should go all in on signing Durant this next summer and while I know that would turn us into a contender, when he says stuff like this, I hope he doesn't become a Sun. I understand money is important to free agents but to hear Durant spin things like he's never gotten a big max deal is ridiculous. Sure, he hasn't gotten a large max under the TV money cap but Golden State has offered him more than he's signed for. He has made it a point to sign the 2 year deals that allow him to opt out after 1 year. He also had a max offer on the table that he walked away from in OKC and received a max money extension prior to his 4th season, similar to how Booker got his deal locked in. So the only reason he hasn't received one of those big max deals is because he's turned them down.

Kevin Durant revealed the one thing he's thinking about when he enters free agency next year.

The two-time NBA champion is already rumored to potentially join LeBron James with the Lakers or head to the Knicks, but Durant said money will be a big factor in his decision.

“I am thinking about the money I’m going to get,” Durant told The Athletic. “I never got the (massive) deal. I’ve just seen a bunch of dudes around the league making so much money — and I’m happy for them.

"But I know I deserve that, too. That’s the only thing I’m probably thinking about, to be honest.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...oney-knicks-lakers/10if9w875tqee13gbaggrjagt9

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He is literally the best player in the league, or at the very least, a top-three or four. I have no issue with what he said. He does deserve to get paid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is literally the best player in the league, or at the very least, a top-three or four. I have no issue with what he said. He does deserve to get paid.

I agree with that, it's how it was said that seems a bit off. He's acting like he's never had the opportunity and that's false. It also seems to point towards him pulling a Lebron in a way as far as getting his titles in Golden State and being content to go get paid elsewhere. I don't think his production will suddenly drop off drastically but it worries me some that winning isn't more important for him. At least he's not saying it is. I think that points towards him leaving the Warriors, which is good, but also makes me wonder what Durant the team that signs him will get.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He acts like he has been slighted financially when he bailed on OKC's super max 5 year offer to ride the coattails of a 73 win team that already had a title.

Kevin Durant is the biggest, two faced, pile of freaking garbage in the NBA.

I hope he goes and chases money now that he has finished chasing rings, goes to some ass bag franchise like New York or Brooklyn and gets exposed for being a whiny clown who quits when someone isn't around to carry him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know some have said we should go all in on signing Durant this next summer and while I know that would turn us into a contender, when he says stuff like this, I hope he doesn't become a Sun. I understand money is important to free agents but to hear Durant spin things like he's never gotten a big max deal is ridiculous. Sure, he hasn't gotten a large max under the TV money cap but Golden State has offered him more than he's signed for. He has made it a point to sign the 2 year deals that allow him to opt out after 1 year. He also had a max offer on the table that he walked away from in OKC and received a max money extension prior to his 4th season, similar to how Booker got his deal locked in. So the only reason he hasn't received one of those big max deals is because he's turned them down.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...oney-knicks-lakers/10if9w875tqee13gbaggrjagt9
The last player to talk like him was Isaiah Thomas (re: brinks truck). Sure would be a shame to see KD suffer a similar career altering injury...eh then again, maybe not too much shame.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t much like what Durant has to say most of the time. But obviously signing him would be the biggest move the Suns have ever made. It just seems doubtful for Phoenix. If he wants money and can get the max in NY or LA, each offers far more money on top for someone who considers himself something of an impresario (or at least believes their business manager when they say it).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s made millions already, and to talk like that is disgusting.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol I find it refreshing he said it's about the money. Nobody ever says it's about the money when we all know it is

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish but the problem is they know we're desperate and there trying to hold us up for a kings ransom

I just don't know why we'd be desperate for an oft-injured PG. When this weekend is over fans will be arguing over which team is the worst in the league, us or the Cavs. And I'm not at all sure we're a Teodosic away from removing ourselves from that conversation. I'd much rather worry about developing Melton and Okobo unless we believe they are not part of our future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this on Teo's contract:

• Trade or stretch Milos Teodosic: The Clippers reportedly already plan on waiving Milos and only paying him $2.1 million of his $6.3 million contract—a move that is reflected in my calculations above. But if they find a way to trade his deal before releasing him, they can avoid even the smaller cap hit. In this case, simply sending a team a 2nd round pick and cash to cover the $2.1 million would be enough for multiple teams to be interested in a deal. A team like the Phoenix Suns, who reportedly value Teodosic as a player, could simply absorb his contract. The Clippers can alternatively choose to stretch the $2.1 million hit across three years. If they trade Teodosic, they can add $2,100,000 to their cap room (minus any incoming salary). If they stretch Teodosic, they can add $1,400,000 to their cap room.
https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/6/...ippers-have-cap-room-free-agency-trade-rumors

I think the Suns would only be interested in Teo if the Clippers waived him because of the amount of his salary.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I found this on Teo's contract:

• Trade or stretch Milos Teodosic: The Clippers reportedly already plan on waiving Milos and only paying him $2.1 million of his $6.3 million contract—a move that is reflected in my calculations above. But if they find a way to trade his deal before releasing him, they can avoid even the smaller cap hit. In this case, simply sending a team a 2nd round pick and cash to cover the $2.1 million would be enough for multiple teams to be interested in a deal. A team like the Phoenix Suns, who reportedly value Teodosic as a player, could simply absorb his contract. The Clippers can alternatively choose to stretch the $2.1 million hit across three years. If they trade Teodosic, they can add $2,100,000 to their cap room (minus any incoming salary). If they stretch Teodosic, they can add $1,400,000 to their cap room.
https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/6/...ippers-have-cap-room-free-agency-trade-rumors

I think the Suns would only be interested in Teo if the Clippers waived him because of the amount of his salary.
This was before signing Ariza, so the Suns can’t simply absorb his contract.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suppose I would like to have Milos, but only if we cut Crawford to get him. I don't want Milos if it means giving up Okobo or Melton to make room.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was before signing Ariza, so the Suns can’t simply absorb his contract.

The Suns would have to sign him for the veteran minimum unless they could clear more room.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I hope Durant gets all the money possible but on another team and not the Lakers.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cousins gets ejected from a W's game before he can grab a rebound or score a point for them!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave