The 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny..I thought Pau should traded because he and Dwight didn't mesh. Now I see Dwight isnt meshing with anyone. I was completely wrong.

Lakers are still in play but they aren't winning a title so I've already accepted that. What I will be melting down about is the Lakers trying to build around Dwight. He's a mental midget. Read the ding article...Dwight just doesn't fit.

i don't need to read the ding article. I've never thought Dwight was someone you could build your team around as the centerpiece of a title contender. I did think he'd be a good enough second banana with Kobe, but his attitude, Kobe's attitude, DA's hiring and complete ineptitude coaching/dealing with personalities and injuries have made that seem like a pipe dream. Thus... I truly hope they DO sign him long-term to be that piece because it will be the end of the Lakers for a decade (unless they somehow got LeBron to pair with him... which knowing the Lakers luck, will probably happen).

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't need to read the ding article. I've never thought Dwight was someone you could build your team around as the centerpiece of a title contender. I did think he'd be a good enough second banana with Kobe, but his attitude, Kobe's attitude, DA's hiring and complete ineptitude coaching/dealing with personalities and injuries have made that seem like a pipe dream. Thus... I truly hope they DO sign him long-term to be that piece because it will be the end of the Lakers for a decade (unless they somehow got LeBron to pair with him... which knowing the Lakers luck, will probably happen).

his attitude and Kobe's attitude are one thing, but the douche can't even get along with steve effing nash. :bang:

I will melt down if we do sign him long-term; he's shown NOTHING that would support that move.

And seriously, I have always been a Dwight Howard guy - but I've done a complete 180 on him.

Read the Ding article anyway, it's good stuff. One of the few LA writers I enjoy reading, even if he has gotten worse with time.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(unless they somehow got LeBron to pair with him... which knowing the Lakers luck, will probably happen).

This will be the only way I hate LBJ.. Otherwise I love the guy.. He isnt Michael Jordan.. He is a completely different player and damn good! When its all said and done.. It will be Jordan #1 and LBJ #2..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be the only way I hate LBJ.. Otherwise I love the guy.. He isnt Michael Jordan.. He is a completely different player and damn good! When its all said and done.. It will be Jordan #1 and LBJ #2..

LOL, whatev.

Lebronze will fade out at 32 with at most 2 rings.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight has his headband off!!!! This is my last hope! I think it is his kryptonite.

Well, at least he won't look as stupid if he continues to suck, but the no headband thing is GREAT!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, whatev.

Lebronze will fade out at 32 with at most 2 rings.

As of right now I have Magic at #2 if that tells you anything.. My Laker hate isn't blind to individual players..

You just hate LBJ..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of right now I have Magic at #2 if that tells you anything.. My Laker hate isn't blind to individual players..

You just hate LBJ..

Meh, I don't think he's all that, long term. He's amazing, but his game has little depth.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holy crap Howard starts settng up the pick at the top of the key and he finally has a game. Only took him half a season to figure it out but now LA can make the playoffs. This sucks.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap Howard starts settng up the pick at the top of the key and he finally has a game. Only took him half a season to figure it out but now LA can make the playoffs. This sucks.

It's the headband, yo. It's been crushing his brain and making him suck. Kryptonite headbands suck, Dwight.

Still a crappy showing by the team tonight.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns missed an so many free throws and easy buckets.. Wasnt as east as it seemed...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think he's all that, long term. He's amazing, but his game has little depth.

this is insanity. the guy can get to the hole at will, actually has a jump-shot now and is probably the best passer in the league... oh yeah... and he's the league's best defender, who can guard 1-5... but his game has little depth?

the hate runs so deep with you.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is insanity. the guy can get to the hole at will, actually has a jump-shot now and is probably the best passer in the league... oh yeah... and he's the league's best defender, who can guard 1-5... but his game has little depth?

the hate runs so deep with you.

He is completely protected by the refs and half of his game involves him bull rushing the rim.

And yes, I don't like him at all.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Onion Sports Network: Kobe Bryant holds Kobe Bryant only meeting to discuss Lakers.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are... Ahh to hell with it.. You already know.. They are getting the piss beat out of them by the Clippers.. Haha

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow... this team is bad.

they remind me of the 1996 Suns. They hovered around .500 all season after being one of the top three teams in the league for years and that off-season they made the "big" off-season trade to get Hot Rod Williams which would put them over the top... but he was injured all season, KJ was injured all season and they just never really got anything going. sure, every once in a while, they'd pull out a big "this is the game that will turn the season around" game (like beating the 72 win Bulls), but they just didn't have it... and neither does this Lakers squad.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they definitely don't have it. I'm only holding out hope they can squeak into the playoffs to ef the suns. That's my ceiling this year.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do know the Clippers are good, yah?

I'm aware of it.. I'm just saying the names of all the teams Lakers lose to so when we go back through this thread in upcoming years, and we will go thru it, we have reference points..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm, they've lost to all of them. And doubtful anyone but you will be rustling through this thread in the future, although you might bump into cheese from time to time.

Laker fans will flush the season and polish the trophies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm, they've lost to all of them. And doubtful anyone but you will be rustling through this thread in the future, although you might bump into cheese from time to time.

seasons like this stain careers. The idea that a Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Jordan team could ever be the laughingstock of the league is... well... laughable. It's really the thing that separates Kobe from those guys. From all appearances he needs EVERYTHING to go right for him and his teams to be successful. Either he needs the most dominant player in the league (Shaq) or he needs three completely healthy 7 footers who can all ball at high levels (Pau, Odom, Bynum). Otherwise, his teams are just... well.. pathetic. That doesn't speak volumes about his ability to elevate the team around him the way the guys above used to.

And for anyone who wants to cry "INJURY!"... cry me a freaking river. Even with the injuries this team has had this season, there's no excuse for this Laker team to be 4 games below .500 other than a complete and utter void of leadership on this team. I mean... the Bulls haven't had their best player all season and they're 8 games above .500. The Clippers haven't had their starting 2 guard all year, have missed Chris Paul for 12 games and have had their starting SF in and out of the lineup multiple times... and they've got the 4th best record in the league. Indiana hasn't had their best player all year and they're 11 games over .500. Duncan's missed 10 games, Ginobli's missed 13 games, Stephen Jackson's missed 18 games, Kwhai Leonard has missed19 games... and the Spurs still have the best record in the league!

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

Like a bald man looks at old pictures of himself when he had hair. Like a aging women pulling out the prom queen tiara and dusting it off for old times sake.

:D

Sorry, that's the line I use on my younger brother when he pulls out the banners routine.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seasons like this stain careers. The idea that a Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Jordan team could ever be the laughingstock of the league is... well... laughable. It's really the thing that separates Kobe from those guys. From all appearances he needs EVERYTHING to go right for him and his teams to be successful. Either he needs the most dominant player in the league (Shaq) or he needs three completely healthy 7 footers who can all ball at high levels (Pau, Odom, Bynum). Otherwise, his teams are just... well.. pathetic. That doesn't speak volumes about his ability to elevate the team around him the way the guys above used to.

And for anyone who wants to cry "INJURY!"... cry me a freaking river. Even with the injuries this team has had this season, there's no excuse for this Laker team to be 4 games below .500 other than a complete and utter void of leadership on this team. I mean... the Bulls haven't had their best player all season and they're 8 games above .500. The Clippers haven't had their starting 2 guard all year, have missed Chris Paul for 12 games and have had their starting SF in and out of the lineup multiple times... and they've got the 4th best record in the league. Indiana hasn't had their best player all year and they're 11 games over .500. Duncan's missed 10 games, Ginobli's missed 13 games, Stephen Jackson's missed 18 games, Kwhai Leonard has missed19 games... and the Spurs still have the best record in the league!

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard