The 2005-06 Los Angeles Lakers thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmon's latest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060505

Awesome stuff, including;

"Which gives me a chance to hear stories like this: During the timeout right before Kobe's game-tying layup in Game 4, the Mamba waited until Jackson was done talking, then went over to Smush Parker, grabbed him by the shoulders in full view of everyone sitting near the bench, then started poking him in the chest while repeatedly screaming, "You steal that ball! You steal that ball! You steal that [bleeping] ball!" Apparently Smush looked terrified, like a 14-year-old minding his own business then was suddenly being ordered to rob a liquor store by the leader of the Crips. But Smush stole the damned ball. And if there was video footage of this moment in the huddle, I think I would pay three grand for it."

A-Bomb

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Even if the Lakers lose tomorrow, this has been a successful season. Claiming the 7th seed was great, especially considering last year's debacle, but the biggest positives have been Kobe's unselfish play in the playoffs and the emergence of Kwame and Lamar.

I think now potential FA's will know that Kobe only puts up 50 pts when he has to and that the Lakers are more than just The Kobe Show. Kobe has shown that he can be a leader and that winning is the ultimate goal for him.

Here's to a good game tomorrow! :cheers:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Even if the Lakers lose tomorrow, this has been a successful season. Claiming the 7th seed was great, especially considering last year's debacle, but the biggest positives have been Kobe's unselfish play in the playoffs and the emergence of Kwame and Lamar.

I think now potential FA's will know that Kobe only puts up 50 pts when he has to and that the Lakers are more than just The Kobe Show. Kobe has shown that he can be a leader and that winning is the ultimate goal for him.

Yeah, you arent kidding. I did some [fruitless] searching of ESPN.com's site wide staff predictions. I recall some having the Lakers as the 12th best team in the West and many, many pundits predicting a 9th place finish at best.

Everything since KB's 81-point game has been gravy. I hope the gravy keeps flowing. ;)

A-Bomb

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:

I would agree...but let's hope that they continue to play as a team next year, and not revert back...because they almost are ALREADY reverting back in away...getting away from the slow down, low post game Phil wants them to play.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the Suns fans:

Congrats on the win, guys. Good luck vs the Clippers!

:jedi:

BIM

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
To the Suns fans:

Congrats on the win, guys. Good luck vs the Clippers!

:jedi:

BIM

Never thought I'd ever see anyone say that.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
C'est la vie. It was fun while it lasted. Once PHX found their rhythm offensively, there was just no slowing them down again. At least the Lakers gave them a run for their money.

A-Bomb, BIM, D-Dogg, Lake Show Man...Here's to 2007! :cheers:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty proud of this team.

I wish Sasha had got more run in the game than Smush.

Good young group of guys and they seem to be maturing right before our eyes.

Gorilla

Booooya!!!
Reaction score
First off, great series guys!! Kobe is by far the best player in the NBA right now and if he had some help the result would've been diferent.

Now I have a question for you guys. What do you expect from Bynum for next season? I really want to see this guy play.

Last edited:

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
D-Dogg - instead of the 4 pints of Busch - how about a small beer at a Cardinals game?
I'm so relieved i don't have to get you a boot of Konig Ludwig and have to see you in a Kobe jersey.
I assume you'll be in Cardinal red or white at the Cardinal game...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
justAndy said:
D-Dogg - instead of the 4 pints of Busch - how about a small beer at a Cardinals game?
I'm so relieved i don't have to get you a boot of Konig Ludwig and have to see you in a Kobe jersey.
I assume you'll be in Cardinal red or white at the Cardinal game...

Deal...sounds good. Even make it a big beer.

I'll be in Boldin white, baby...a new authentic. Until I get a Leinart, since he IS a Laker fan and all. ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorilla said:
First off, great series guys!! Kobe is by far the best player in the NBA right now and if he had some help the result would've been diferent.

Now I have a question for you guys. What do you expect from Bynum for next season? I really want to see this guy play.

I don't expect much from Bynum for another 2 years or so. He's still very raw and learning. Maybe getting 10 minutes a game or so.

We're going to move Mihm for a PF or a PG, and Bynum will back up Kwame.

In 3 years, I expect Bynum to be starting and Kwame either gone or moved into a PF position.

It's going to be a slow, but smart process with Bynum.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
D-dogg honestly Lakers are bad.... Suns are running on fumes with this extra small lineup.
NO Amare, NO Kurt

Diaw - cent
marion - pf
Tt or Jjones - sf
barbosa / bell - sg
nash - pg

Lakers are either a big trade away or years away....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
D-dogg honestly Lakers are bad.... Suns are running on fumes with this extra small lineup.
NO Amare, NO Kurt

Diaw - cent
marion - pf
Tt or Jjones - sf
barbosa / bell - sg
nash - pg

Lakers are either a big trade away or years away....

Lakers were the only team in the league to beat the Pistons, Spurs, Heat, and Mavs (twice). Only team to beat the class of both conferences.

Honestly, that doesn't = bad.

Your xtra small lineup is precisely why you are hanging with these teams...great shooting and an 80s pace throws teams off their game. It's hard to play big against your team because of the frenetic pace you usually can dictate, and playing small against you is suicide.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but there is no way the Suns beat the Clippers.

A-Bomb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat just got punked in Game one, on their home court.

I'm sorry, but Shaq "pay me m'fer Buss", Payton (cancerous triangle-avoider and Banks trade stopper) and (I'm humble because I say so) Dwyaayayayne Wayayayde can't lose soon enough for me in the playoffs.

I will consider the playoffs done and no longer have a need to watch as soon as those aholes are bounced.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
How's that working out for you Nostradamus?

I wouldn't jump so far ahead of yourself there Chris. So you won game 1 on your home court. Get back to abomb with smack when you win 3 more.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
How's that working out for you Nostradamus?

*rubs temples*

"...in a seven game series..."

*passes out, hits head and dreams of '88 Lakers' team*

;)

A-Bomb

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I wouldn't jump so far ahead of yourself there Chris. So you won game 1 on your home court. Get back to abomb with smack when you win 3 more.

Don't be such a hypocrite. You say that when abomb says what he says before ANY game is played? Please.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Don't be such a hypocrite. You say that when abomb says what he says before ANY game is played? Please.

BURN!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

Yep, but acting like the series is over when you win one game isn't smart.

I'm not Abomb's keeper either...it's a pretty bold statement he made about the Clippers. But since he's a Laker fan, on the Laker thread, talking smack, in the Smack Shack forum, I'm not going to bust on him. He called his shot that the Suns won't beat the Clippers. 1 game doesn't prove him wrong.

If it were the Suns forum, on a Suns thread and he said it I'd probably disagree. That's for civilized, more intelligent discussion.

I dance in the flower petals of hypocrisy on this board...that's what the Smack Shack is all about.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should also be noted that I picked the Suns to win in 6 against the Lakers before that series started. lol

A-Bomb

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can any of you Laker fans seriously tell me why they wear Yellow jerseys at home??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard