That Calvin Pace ia a player!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has surpassed Nathal Hodel on the need to serign list IMHO. Great game Calvin! Solid season all the way around!

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
yea, in preseason i was wanting blackstock to start, but i was WRONG. pace has been great.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was also nice to see Rolle make a potential game-saving play ...

But no one will give him many kudos for it. Now if it were Adrian ...

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was also nice to see Rolle make a potential game-saving play ...

But no one will give him many kudos for it. Now if it were Adrian ...

:hijack:

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
It makes me a little nervous that he is having a career season in a contract year. That smells of a paycheck player.

I hope I am wrong and it just took him his entire contract to play up to his potential. Amazing effort today.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
after 5 years, it's nice to see him have a good game every now and then.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
It makes me a little nervous that he is having a career season in a contract year. That smells of a paycheck player.

I hope I am wrong and it just took him his entire contract to play up to his potential. Amazing effort today.

Could it be that we have a legitimate coaching staff that has learned how to use Pace? Maybe, just maybe, Pace finally gets it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about time don't 'cha think? I hope he stays away from picture windows during the bye week.

Certainly. Doesnt make his contributuons any less this year because the light took awhile to come on.

It also appears that he is perfectly suited for the 3-4 D whcih is what he played and starred in at Wake Forest.

Maybe just maybe he is a case of trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole until this year.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don't buy into all the contract year hype with Pace. He looks very comfortable out on the field. It also helps to have Watson and Dockett tearing it up inside. Kudos to Pace on his play and Whis for finding a way to get some value out of him.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Certainly. Doesnt make his contributuons any less this year because the light took awhile to come on.

It also appears that he is perfectly suited for the 3-4 D whcih is what he played and starred in at Wake Forest.

Maybe just maybe he is a case of trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole until this year.

Let's hope. We need him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been really impressed with Pace. He deserves an extension. He's embracing his position on the defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pace was very impressive today and the guy's been making plays all season. I don't see him as the type of guy who's a contract player, so hopefully with a largely new defensive staff, they finally figured out how to use him and he finally worked hard enough for it to pay off.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

While normally I would smell the same thing, I think it has a WHOLE lot more to do with the coaching staff than his contract year. He has never looked comfortable out there, and he sure does now.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZHEAD

Reaction score
Even last year, before his rediculous off week injury, Pace was showing potential as a solid player on the d-line. I believe that injury took him out for the year, so it was only natural for everyone to sleep on him coming into this season. He has stepped in nicely in place of Chike Okeafor.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even last year, before his rediculous off week injury, Pace was showing potential as a solid player on the d-line. I believe that injury took him out for the year, so it was only natural for everyone to sleep on him coming into this season. He has stepped in nicely in place of Chike Okeafor.

Thats actually a pretty good point. He was playing well before hurting himself.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The guy has done nothing but make plays all year. Been really good.

He leads the team in QB pressures and QB hits by the way according to the Cardinals tape reviews stats.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He leads the team in QB pressures and QB hits by the way according to the Cardinals tape reviews stats.

Even better than we thought.

Oh and Bert Berry played his azz off today too.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome to ASFN.

Making a good point is a good start.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even better than we thought.

Oh and Bert Berry played his azz off today too.

The whole team played their azzes off. I'm not into moral victories anymore. It's still a loss and hurts.

But,... we have us a real NFL coaching staff. Yes we do.