Texans open to trading #1 pick

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If there was an Andrew Luck in this draft---some teams might trade up. But---there really isn't in this draft. The Chiefs said they were open to trading down last year and wound up staying put to take T Eric Fisher.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If there was an Andrew Luck in this draft---some teams might trade up. But---there really isn't in this draft. The Chiefs said they were open to trading down last year and wound up staying put to take T Eric Fisher.

You mean there is no QB right now which has the clear 'perception' of being a franchise QB. Don't know right now, good ole hype could raise its head or even the logic of the scouts knowing what we do not and someone will trade up to get themselves a QB. Your right, it might happen :)

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't fault The Texans , I don't see a clear cut candidate for that 1'st pick at any position . Clowny , clowned around too much this season ! The QB's , which ones are Donavan McNabb ---- Peyton Manning ----- Andrew Luck , and which ones are Tim Couch ----- Akili Smith ---- Daunte Culpepper ----- Cade McNown ----- Ryan Leaf ---- Jake Locker ------ Christian Ponder ------ Blain Gabbert , and I'll sat it straight out , I believe the ME factor will do in RG3 , its already in the process .

IMHO the Texans are stuck with that pick .

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree. No impact players in this years draft. Some good ones but no one worth giving away the farm.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I disagree with most of you and feel there are 2 or 3 worthy number 1 picks worth trading up for if it doesn't cost you a ton and you aren't sacrificing the future of your team.

Just think, if Texans had Clowney on one end and Watt on the other. What a combo that would be.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

News Flash!!!!!!!!

Of course they are, just like every other team that has had the number one pick in the past. :)

freebyrd

Reaction score
trade it for johnny football and don't look back :)

crazy? yeah probably but that kidz gonna win some hardware

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would take so much to move up from 20 to #1.... no we cannot do it.

In fact, the only players I would trade up for at all are Manziel and Bridgewater, in that order.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like the QB class this year, but I wouldn't trade up for any of them because they all come with some question marks. Enough question marks that Blake Bortles has rocketed up everyone's chart is may go Top 5 (depending on who's doing the drafting). I also think teams are going to reach on some of these tackles. I saw all but one of Alabama's games this year. Cyrus Kouandjio is Levi Brown II. Some of these other kids may or may not be legitimate, but there are lot of QBs and tackles in this draft, meaning someone worth taking is going to fall to No. 20.

I really don't see any great need for the Cardinals to trade up. They need to resist the urge to go after one of those QBs and let good positional talent fall to them without costing them anything. That's how winners do it, IMO. You might get a Cameron Irving or Jace Amaro. If enough teams can't resist trading up for a QB or OT, you might see a C.J. Mosely or Benardrick McKinney drop there.

I think the value game is in waiting for other teams to panic and give their drafts away while plucking the riper talent at other positions. Just my not-so-expert opinion.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't see any great need for the Cardinals to trade up. They need to resist the urge to go after one of those QBs and let good positional talent fall to them without costing them anything. That's how winners do it, IMO. You might get a Cameron Irving or Jace Amaro. If enough teams can't resist trading up for a QB or OT, you might see a C.J. Mosely or Benardrick McKinney drop there.

I think the value game is in waiting for other teams to panic and give their drafts away while plucking the riper talent at other positions. Just my not-so-expert opinion.

I agree and would actually like to see us have the roster and guts to trade down and stock pile draft picks for 2015. At some point we will need to draft our QBOTF and I don't see us picking in the top ten anytime in the near future. We will need the extra picks as ammo to move up at some point.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I disagree with most of you and feel there are 2 or 3 worthy number 1 picks worth trading up for if it doesn't cost you a ton and you aren't sacrificing the future of your team.

Just think, if Texans had Clowney on one end and Watt on the other. What a combo that would be.

Which would you rather have if u was a Houston fan?

Bridgewater and Crighton or Clowney and Mettenberger. Interesting the

Houston baseball team also got the number one pick

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=1023800

Ok first let me clarify, by no means am I saying we should trade up to #1, but since it's a slow time in cardinal land, I thought I'd throw this out there for fun.

What, if anything would you trade to move up to #1? And of you were to, who would you select?

It's an interesting year for the 1st pick. Personally, I'd rather be on the receiving end of a trade versus trading value to have the 1st pick. Either way, someone will fall in love with a guy and trade the farm to get him.....see RG3 a couple of years ago.

Even though that wasn't the first pick, it has totally set up the Rams for years. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a player worthy of that this year. Houston has talent on their roster, they should keep the pick and take who think fits best in their new system.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kings ransom to move from 20 to 1. Cripple your franchise if the player you take isnt a HOFr.

With that said, theres no player worth that move in this draft.

Would have I made that move for Luck? Yes a 1000 times. But hes a once in a generational type talent.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

If there were ever a year to trade back a recieve another first rounder next year, this might be the one. If we had 2-1s next year possibly we could use both of them to get to number one and take Jameis Winston, providing he play plays as well next year as he did this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard