Ted Lasso

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 6 was next level TV stuff. Big rebound overall this season.

My only question is: What the hell is going on with Jamie’s hair this year?

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest episode hit it out of the park again. One of the more consistently funny episodes of the season. Just first rate across the board.
They always catch me a bit off-guard..... things being just a bit different than what I expect.

That being said, yes.... another 5 star episode. Just outstanding! And this season has been like watching a slow-motion film of a beautiful picture puzzle falling onto a table, where each piece bounces then falls into the correct place. In 2 more episodes, the puzzle will be complete.

Just beyond words, its been so good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn....the wife and I have a rule not to watch this show without the other. We have not been able to watch this last episode yet. Need to watch tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They always catch me a bit off-guard..... things being just a bit different than what I expect.

That being said, yes.... another 5 star episode. Just outstanding! And this season has been like watching a slow-motion film of a beautiful picture puzzle falling onto a table, where each piece bounces then falls into the correct place. In 2 more episodes, the puzzle will be complete.

Just beyond words, its been so good.
You always think that the Roy stuff has reached its pinnacle, but then BAM! The next episode is even better.

This show can't end this season. Most shows that end on their own terms, usually they have run their course and deserve a good ending. This show doesn't seem to be letting up at all. If they want to go out on top, well they are certainly achieving that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed with all. Just an incredible show.

Really thrown off by the Nathan stuff early, to the point of checking to see if I missed the end of the last episode. Definitely a rough transition there, but who cares? I loved the evisceration of the whole Super League thing. You know, maybe I should put this in the spoilers.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all. Just an incredible show.

Really thrown off by the Nathan stuff early, to the point of checking to see if I missed the end of the last episode. Definitely a rough transition there, but who cares? I loved the evisceration of the whole Super League thing. You know, maybe I should put this in the spoilers.
Watched this last night. Fantastic episode but 100% agree on the Nathan stuff. That really felt like a situation where we only have X number of episodes left so do it off camera. Threw me off too. Again, rest of the episode is fantastic.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night. Fantastic episode but 100% agree on the Nathan stuff. That really felt like a situation where we only have X number of episodes left so do it off camera. Threw me off too. Again, rest of the episode is fantastic.
While I had the same "huh"? reaction to the Nate situation, it didn't detract from the episode. It will all come out before episode 12 is done, methinks.... :) :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So does Zava come back to play for the bad team at the end of the season? I feel like with Nate gone, they’re going to need some kind of villain on the field to match Rupert in the stands.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nate thing was a really weird story tell choice in a show that’s padded itself with hour long episodes this season.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep absolutely amazing. Had everything especially the feels.

Yep it’s over. I’m 99% sure Ted resigns and goes back to the states. And Nate takes over as coach.

I agree with the spoiler. End of tonight's episode had that kind of vibe.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the spoiler above....

While in the end Ted may indeed go back to the states, I don't think that is what Ted is going to tell Rebecca: Too obvious. I think he is going to tell her that Nate is coming back.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QUESTION

Do yo think that Jamie Tartt's father might have died? Jamie hadn't talked to him in a long time, I don't remember seeing him in the crowd at Manchester, and I thought I heard a spectator say something like, "Too bad Jamie's dad isn't around. He'd have liked this." Thoughts?

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QUESTION

Do yo think that Jamie Tartt's father might have died? Jamie hadn't talked to him in a long time, I don't remember seeing him in the crowd at Manchester, and I thought I heard a spectator say something like, "Too bad Jamie's dad isn't around. He'd have liked this." Thoughts?
I thought they showed him, which shorter hair, in what looked like a group home or rehab type place right around the time his two buddies said that.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they showed him, which shorter hair, in what looked like a group home or rehab type place right around the time his two buddies said that.
I re-watched that portion of the program and you are correct. As for me, I simply didn't recognize him.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this shouldn't require spoiler status.

What are everyone's hopes for the end of the season/series? You can add what you think will happen, which can of course be different from hopes. I'll go first:

1. Per Ted at the end of season one's foreshadowing, they win the whole f'n thing. Hope and think.
2. I think Ted will go back home. I hope he gets a head coaching job at either a pro football or pro soccer team.
3. Roy and Keely get back together. I'm not sure that will happen. Roy wants to, Keely doesn't seem to be in the same place.
4. Part of me hopes that Rebecca and Sam get back together, but I don't think it will happen. I do think she'll eventually have a kid with someone.
5. Nate and Roy take over coaching of Richmond ushering in years of dominance.
6. For a time I thought Ted and Rebecca would be cool, but honestly given how things went during the Paris episode I hope Ted and his wife get back together.
7. That conflicts with Ted and Sassy ending up together though.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What are everyone's hopes for the end of the season/series? You can add what you think will happen, which can of course be different from hopes. I'll go first:

1. Per Ted at the end of season one's foreshadowing, they win the whole f'n thing. Hope and think.
2. I think Ted will go back home. I hope he gets a head coaching job at either a pro football or pro soccer team.
3. Roy and Keely get back together. I'm not sure that will happen. Roy wants to, Keely doesn't seem to be in the same place.
4. Part of me hopes that Rebecca and Sam get back together, but I don't think it will happen. I do think she'll eventually have a kid with someone.
6. For a time I thought Ted and Rebecca would be cool, but honestly given how things went during the Paris episode I hope Ted and his wife get back together.
On the other hand, Jason Sedakis has been very mysterious lately about a potential future for the show. I'm thinking that just maybe there's going to br a lot of things left hanging......

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

On 1, I hope they don't win it all. That's too easy of a trope. I'd rather see them come up short in the finals and then leave it as a possible opening for future seasons. With or without Ted.

On 4, I think Rebecca is already pregnant from the Amsterdam trip.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
On the other hand, Jason Sedakis has been very mysterious lately about a potential future for the show. I'm thinking that just maybe there's going to br a lot of things left hanging......
Anyway we could have waited for Ted to get back here for the Cards head coaching job? :shrug:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose