Ted Lasso

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a great show. I can't believe it's ending in a few short handful of episodes.

I hear ya. I can't wait to see the next episode, but carry a feeling of dread knowing that we are one episode closer to the end.... :eek:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't believe Roy Kent wasn't a character and that the actor was only a writer on the show. He had an idea, developed and presented it, and voila! Roy effing Kent.
Roy Kent definitely joins Ron Swanson and Hugo Reyes in the "Best Character Hall of Fame".

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I can't believe Roy Kent wasn't a character and that the actor was only a writer on the show. He had an idea, developed and presented it, and voila! Roy effing Kent.
Wow, I never knew that before now. That's crazy. I also just saw that he's a writer for Shrinking. Hopefully Bill Lawrence can keep this team together.

Roy's reaction to the practice in the last episode was so great.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Such a great show. I can't believe it's ending in a few short handful of episodes.
Since this is supposed to be the end of the story that they had planned I've been hoping that they might keep it going with a new story arc. If that doesn't happen I want a Roy spin off. Maybe a Roy and Beard team up.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Roy Kent definitely joins Ron Swanson and Hugo Reyes in the "Best Character Hall of Fame".
Another total rip off of Roy Keane. Between he and Zlatan, there has been some incredible cribbing from actual soccer.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest. As much as I loved Season 1 and Season 2, Season 3 has really fell flat for me. It's lost the magic.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea why? Curious since S3 is really working for me and I'm liking it more than S2 right now. They need to stick the landing though for my final verdict.

Agreed. I really like what they've been doing. I think that since they've know the endpoint from the beginning of this season, they've been able to focus better and "wander about a bit" much less. The subplots of the various character arcs has been great.

I have been very happy with all 7 episodes so far and am anxiously anticipating episode 8.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 8 is yet another 5 star effort. Focus on issues with Ted, Nate and Keeley were emotional and relatable. Had some good old humor, as always, but the personal stuff led and was interesting and moving. Starting to see how it's all going to line up at the end.

Wowzers once again.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 8 is yet another 5 star effort. Focus on issues with Ted, Nate and Keeley were emotional and relatable. Had some good old humor, as always, but the personal stuff led and was interesting and moving. Starting to see how it's all going to line up at the end.

Wowzers once again.
Great episode.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
E8 was slightly down for me. The Nate and Keeley love life story lines have been my least favorite this season. Keeley's had some payoff last night but it doesn't move the needle a lot for me. It's taken away from the Keeley-Rebecca interactions. Those two have great chemistry together as shown again last night.

I think I know where they're going with Nate too and I'm not sure that I really care what happens to him.

Ted though, boy that has to be rough to have to have meals like that. Just the thought on having to sit there is giving me anxiety. Luckily I don't have any kids tying me to an ex like that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea why? Curious since S3 is really working for me and I'm liking it more than S2 right now. They need to stick the landing though for my final verdict.

I guess I've lost the love that I originally had for the main Characters. This came out during the pandemic and I think we all needed some positivity at the time. Lasso was perfect and the Characters and their story lines were all fantastic! Maybe my expectations were set too high after the first couple of seasons.

However Ted's shtick is getting old for me, and like he said "Why is he even still around?" I think Ted Lasso worked for the first couple of seasons but now it just seems over the top.

All of the scenes with the team in the locker room have all been just so cringy.

Keeley feels totally removed from the team this season. I'm not even sure why we should care about her story anymore. This show used to be centered around the team but now it feels so fractured and trying to do too many things.

Nate has become some kind of silly super villian who was brought to the dark side by the evil Rupert. But no worries I'm sure he will "see the light" and become good again by the end of the season.

I'm not sure what has become of Trent the sports writer this season. Again it's just so over the top.

I do like the Roy and Jamie story line. It's the one thing that is keeping me coming back. It's the type of storyline that made Ted Lasso so great. I just wish there was more of it this season.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I've lost the love that I originally had for the main Characters. This came out during the pandemic and I think we all needed some positivity at the time. Lasso was perfect and the Characters and their story lines were all fantastic! Maybe my expectations were set too high after the first couple of seasons.

However Ted's shtick is getting old for me, and like he said "Why is he even still around?" I think Ted Lasso worked for the first couple of seasons but now it just seems over the top.

All of the scenes with the team in the locker room have all been just so cringy.

Keeley feels totally removed from the team this season. I'm not even sure why we should care about her story anymore. This show used to be centered around the team but now it feels so fractured and trying to do too many things.

Nate has become some kind of silly super villian who was brought to the dark side by the evil Rupert. But no worries I'm sure he will "see the light" and become good again by the end of the season.

I'm not sure what has become of Trent the sports writer this season. Again it's just so over the top.

I do like the Roy and Jamie story line. It's the one thing that is keeping me coming back. It's the type of storyline that made Ted Lasso so great. I just wish there was more of it this season.
I almost feel like you are watching a different show than I am...

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I almost feel like you are watching a different show than I am...

Eye of the beholder, I guess.
I agree.

Nate's thing is not unexpected but I'm enjoying his journey.

But Brett Goldstein is really having a good season, even if his story wasn't really part of the last episode. The guy is a great actor, but I wonder if he'll be able to have much range in future roles.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 9 - Yet another 5 star effort. The various character arcs, the handling of issues, the.... the.... oh, hell! The whole thing just keeps on marching down the road wrapped in excellence. Roy is really on a fantastic path.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Episode 9 - Yet another 5 star effort. The various character arcs, the handling of issues, the.... the.... oh, hell! The whole thing just keeps on marching down the road wrapped in excellence. Roy is really on a fantastic path.
Yeah they keep consistently hitting it out of the park. And Ted wasn't even a focus the entire episode.

The Roy Kent/Rebecca interactions were top notch. The writing in this show is still beyond reproach.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another solid episode. Roy is such a unique character that can make you laugh, can be so damn crude but then show you a bunch of heart.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone's talking about Roy in this past episode, but I loved him in the previous episode! (second half of this clip)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson