Team pushing hard for E. James signing before he leaves town

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Cardinals | Team pushing hard for E. James signing
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:59:06 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are expected to push free agent RB Edgerrin James (Colts) hard to get him to sign a deal before he leaves town.

Cardinals | Clancy signing means R. Davis won't be re-signed
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:47:11 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals signing of free agent DT Kendrick Clancy Saturday, March 11, means the team won't try to re-sign DT Russell Davis, an unrestricted free agent. The Cardinals were offering Davis slightly more than $1 million a year.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great googly moogly. Signing Edgerinn would be like the free agent signings on Madden!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It won't happen and we will all get pissed at missing out on the rest of the big names..... Mark my words.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think the best way to handle these talks is to put Edge and Drew in a room with Graves and have Leonard Davis blocking the only exit with Dansby and Berry twisting Edges neck and arm until he signs.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Snakester said:
I think the best way to handle these talks is to put Edge and Drew in a room with Graves and have Leonard Davis blocking the only exit with Dansby and Berry twisting Edges neck and arm until he signs.
The Cardinals could always put Shug Knight on the payroll and have him pull a Vannilla Ice on Edge to get him to sign.:D

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it...

Would be amazing...

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Snakester said:

make that "twisting Drew's neck and arm until Edge signs" and I like it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Snakester said:
What good a dead Edge would do? :shrug:

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Snakester said:

Davis might mistakenly block the window and James would get out....

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:

:lmao:

I dont care who you are thats damn funny

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:
It won't happen and we will all get pissed at missing out on the rest of the big names..... Mark my words.

As a Cards fan, you almost expect it...it would be f'n awesome to get Edge, but I just don't see it.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:

Oh no. I hope not. That would ruin my plan. Now I've gotta come up with someone to make sure Big follows his blocking assignment. Where's that that Loney guy when you need him.:D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:

There really aren't that many big names this year. It's an average year, at best, for free agent talent. I can't think of anyone I'd really get pissed about not signing.

Besides, there's a better than 50/50 shot of signing James if we REALLY want him. He doesn't have that many options.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just have a feeling that this will get done. I don't see us having much competition. We have the cap room, and he would come in and be the hero. How could our offense not succeed with this guy.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Big Deal said:
I just have a feeling that this will get done. I don't see us having much competition. We have the cap room, and he would come in and be the hero. How could our offense not succeed with this guy.

I'd say our only competition at this point is Minnesota and Indy. Of course things can change

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Hurry and announce a deal allready! This is a signing I cant believe the "Cards" would actully get done...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
I'd say our only competition at this point is Minnesota and Indy. Of course things can change

If our only real competition is Minny and Indy, I think that we have the funds to be extremely competitive, if not come in at the highest offer. The particulars of Arizona have to be attractive, with warm weather, and a natural grass surface having to be factors to Edge. The Vikes are in turmoil these days, with problems from top to bottom of the organization. Their qb and reciever situations are far less attractive than the Cards or Indy. I don't think the Colts can offer as much money, and I think living in Indy is probably not ideal. I think there might be validity to the idea that he wants to get out of Peyton's shadow, and he could be a freaking hero here. Could you imagine how many tickets Edge would sell? I think he could single-handedly help change the reputation of the Cardinals. I mean, we have some extremely talented young players on offense and on defense. We have enough money to effectively fill all of our holes, and the icing on the cake? Edge, of course. Hopefully...

Last edited:

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

I don't know which radio station he was listening to, but my pops just called me and told me that Edge called Indy and cancelled a meeting with them. Take it for what it's worth...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My prediction is Edge will leave town without a deal done. I am not saying he will not end up as a Cardinal but he will not be signed today.

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this theory that James is going to go where the money is. Plus I think that the Cards are determined to use a James signing as proof that there is a change here in the desert. One thing I worry about is overspending on him and hurting our ability to strengthen our O-line.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
My prediction is Edge will leave town without a deal done. I am not saying he will not end up as a Cardinal but he will not be signed today.

If he leaves unsigned, he won't be a Cardinal....

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort