TE- Your thoughts?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eh, I disagree.

This TE class sucks if anything.

I agree, but remember the name Chase Claypool. He is a big wide receiver out of Notre Dame that more and more analysts are beginning to mention as a potential surprise pick in the first round. He had a fantastic scouting combine, and several thing he can make the switch to tight end as many of his skills are suited for that. If he is available in the third round, I could see them pull the trigger.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
This is why I hate Keim trade downs he has a horrible draft history, let him stick to picking the slam dunk picks, remember Cards needed a QB and this happened lol

You must be registered for see images attach
Keim didn't trade down in that draft. KC and Houston were proactive and the Cardinals not.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Moss earlier, and I think it would be cool for him to play with Fitz, given the Minnesota connection.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I agree, but remember the name Chase Claypool. He is a big wide receiver out of Notre Dame that more and more analysts are beginning to mention as a potential surprise pick in the first round. He had a fantastic scouting combine, and several thing he can make the switch to tight end as many of his skills are suited for that. If he is available in the third round, I could see them pull the trigger.
Wow

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Max Williams. I think he is solid. Good blocker, seems to be fairly reliable catching the ball..(minus that terrible drop when he lost it in the sun).

I think for as much as KK seems to throw to the TE, our draft picks can be better used elsewhere. I would roll with Williams, Arnold, and maybe a 6th-7th round guy or young veteran thats still available.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Hunter Bryant, H-Back- ish TE, Washington

one of the 4ths

blocking will ........ need work. But a polished receiver who can work seams and run after catch

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting note on Maxx Williams...

Baltimore Ravens[edit]
The Baltimore Ravens selected Williams in the second round (55th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.[14] The Baltimore Ravens traded their second round pick (58th overall) and fifth round pick (158th overall) to the Arizona Cardinals in order to move up three spots to select Williams. They initialized the trade after multiple reports suggested that the Pittsburgh Steelers were going to select Williams with their second round pick (56th overall).[15] Afterwards, Pittsburgh Steelers' General Manager Kevin Colbert denied the claim, stating they were planning to select Senquez Golson either way.[16] The Ravens also chose Delaware tight end Nick Boyle in the fifth round (171st overall).

This is the draft where we missed out on Ameer Adbullah (thankfully), then traded town 3 spots, picked up #158 (Shaquille Riddick), and drafted Marcus Golden at #58.

We end up getting #55 anyway...Maxx Williams in his prime.

Reaction score
Interesting note on Maxx Williams...

Baltimore Ravens[edit]
The Baltimore Ravens selected Williams in the second round (55th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.[14] The Baltimore Ravens traded their second round pick (58th overall) and fifth round pick (158th overall) to the Arizona Cardinals in order to move up three spots to select Williams. They initialized the trade after multiple reports suggested that the Pittsburgh Steelers were going to select Williams with their second round pick (56th overall).[15] Afterwards, Pittsburgh Steelers' General Manager Kevin Colbert denied the claim, stating they were planning to select Senquez Golson either way.[16] The Ravens also chose Delaware tight end Nick Boyle in the fifth round (171st overall).

This is the draft where we missed out on Ameer Adbullah (thankfully), then traded town 3 spots, picked up #158 (Shaquille Riddick), and drafted Marcus Golden at #58.

We end up getting #55 anyway...Maxx Williams in his prime.

That was a good draft for the Cards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads