T Wolves Acquire Beasley for Almost Nothing

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns could have easily done the same by using part of the TPE, though I am not a fan of Beasley.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
Sarver isn't going to do anything with that TPE except put it in his wallet.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently the Heat have been anxious to get rid of Beasley for a while. The Heat needed cap space to give LeBron the full deal.

BTW, we've been hearing Randolph being in Nelson's dog house, so that deal with the Knicks is not terribly surprising.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Can't believe the Suns didn't make that trade with the TPE. Beasley would have been a nice low risk addition to a part of oour team that needs help.

What a joke.

I would love Kevin Love but looks like Minny wants to keep him.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ya know the other outcome of all this could be a silver lining. What happened the last time the Suns dumped salary?
JR's salary is done after this season and there's talk of trading Barbosa..

Maybe Sarver is looking at dumping salary to sell the franchise... One can only wish.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns have said they don't like Beasley. They never wanted him and for good reason. He is undersized and not all that great. You ever wonder why it took so long for the Heat to trade this guy? He will eventually smoke his way out of the league. We are better off going after someone else.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Suns have said they don't like Beasley. They never wanted him and for good reason. He is undersized and not all that great. You ever wonder why it took so long for the Heat to trade this guy? He will eventually smoke his way out of the league. We are better off going after someone else.

Undersized? LOL, he's 6'10 235, far bigger and better than any PF we have on the roster. He's also 21, and averaged 15 and 6.5 last year in limited minutes. Play him 35 minutes a game in our system and he's a legit 20/9 guy. Sure, he's had some issues, but he's a 21 year old kid and the 2nd pick of the draft.

He'd immediately be our best young player. There is absolutely no excuse why we wouldn't go after him. Even if it doesn't work out, we can just let him leave, he doesn't even make anything.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Undersized? LOL, he's 6'10 235, far bigger and better than any PF we have on the roster. He's also 21, and averaged 15 and 6.5 last year in limited minutes. Play him 35 minutes a game in our system and he's a legit 20/9 guy. Sure, he's had some issues, but he's a 21 year old kid and the 2nd pick of the draft.

He'd immediately be our best young player. There is absolutely no excuse why we wouldn't go after him. Even if it doesn't work out, we can just let him leave, he doesn't even make anything.
+1
I just don't think Sarvers ******** vision is one that includes taking a risk.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Beasley is not 6' 10''. He is 6' 8 and 1/4'' with shoes. Gani Lawal is actually 6' 9'' in shoes so a bit taller actually. I don't know why they always make people out to be taller than they are.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Beasley is not 6' 10''. He is 6' 8 and 1/4'' with shoes. Gani Lawal is actually 6' 9'' in shoes so a bit taller actually. I don't know why they always make people out to be taller than they are.

6'8 in shoes? Unlikely. He's listed at 6'10 everywhere, so I can understand an inch or so, but 2 or 3?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

Here are a couple of sites that list him at 6'9" or shorter. Players are always listed as taller than they really are. Beasley is over-rated.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Beasley-605/
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/players/_/id/19133/michael-beasley
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/story/michael_beasley_nba_draft_profile41817

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard