Sweeeeeet Sixteeeeen Baby!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We Never Left :)

Back to shooting threes like we were used to, and our best player came up big when it mattered most.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The team is back to playing like they did when they won 8-in-a-row before the trip to L.A. When Williams struggled in the first half, Mayes and Hill picked him up.

Great team win today.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Congrats to UofA for representing Arizona and the Pac-12 well!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed much of the game doing other things but what surprised me when I was watching was how easily UA took Thompson away from Texas. It was like they had never had anybody double him before, he looked completely baffled.

UA did a terrific job doubling the post and hedging on screens and Texas never seemed to adjust to it when I watched.

And all those huge 3's especially from Mayes and Lavender when you don't expect it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Duke is vulnerable. They're lucky to still be in the tournament. So they aren't the untouchable superpower many might have us believe.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
What a game.

Williams provides us a huge advantage in the frontcourt because Duke's bigs are slow but Irving and Smith are way better than our guards. The pro-UA contingency should help as well. Duke is really good and really experienced so I can't pick my Cats to beat them but really anything from here is gravy. Arizona Basketball is officially back.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I wonder if we will be blessed with an appearance from our buddy Tyler? And when can PoolBoy bring back his Savior Watch?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Duke is vulnerable. They're lucky to still be in the tournament. So they aren't the untouchable superpower many might have us believe.

Duke is always vulnerable, but they are well coached. For once in a long time, the other team has the better coach in this game. Their back court is stout especially since Irving is back. Plus, Momo is ice cold shooting the ball and has been a liability handling it as well. I swear to God, he has no concept of the 10 second back court rule. Drives me nuts when he lazily walks the ball across the stripe. If he can find his touch and keep the turnovers to a minimum, we have an extra weapon. I think that's going to be key to beating Duke.

In my bracket, I have Duke beating Arizona. I want more than to have to toss my bracket out the window and move on to the Elite 8

Go Cats!

:cats:

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I wonder if we will be blessed with an appearance from our buddy Tyler? And when can PoolBoy bring back his Savior Watch?

Now that we are back to playing on the national level and dealing with pompous Duke and Texas fans right now, its tough to care about what ASU thinks/says/does.

I actually feel bad for them:cats:

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
In my bracket, I have Duke beating Arizona. I want more than to have to toss my bracket out the window and move on to the Elite 8

Go Cats!

Me too.

I am hoping Irving throws them off enough for us to steal the win.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Duke is vulnerable. They're lucky to still be in the tournament.

Definitely vulnerable ... I don't know a team that isn't

However, not sure how they are lucky to still be in the tournament .... they went 32-4 this year, 5-1 against the AP top 25 .... 3 of their losses came against teams that made the tournament and 2 of those teams are still alive in the sweet 16

They blew out their first round opponent and despite a late charge they held a fairly comfortable lead against michigan (who blew out their 1st round opponent) for most of the game and pretty much led the thing wire to wire ... they definitely didn't play a great game (free throw shooting was especially horrible) - but it's one they can learn from and they are still alive

I wouldn't say they were lucky in that one though

both teams are deserving of being in this game

HooverDam

Reaction score
Congrats to you guys, though Ill of course be cheering for the Devils when you guys meet.

I knew Sean Miller would be a bang up hiring for you guys and thought he should be your #1 target long before he was hired. You all really dodged a bullet with the Tim Floyd thing.

TJ

Reaction score

I would love to hear what Tyler, aka Mr. "I hate UA more than I like ASU," has to say about our success. Or how he will spin it to mitigate these accomplishments.

Poolboy's Orangemen just lost in the 2nd round. I think he is in mourning right now. Let him be. ;)

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duke is always vulnerable, but they are well coached. For once in a long time, the other team has the better coach in this game. Their back court is stout especially since Irving is back. Plus, Momo is ice cold shooting the ball and has been a liability handling it as well. I swear to God, he has no concept of the 10 second back court rule. Drives me nuts when he lazily walks the ball across the stripe. If he can find his touch and keep the turnovers to a minimum, we have an extra weapon. I think that's going to be key to beating Duke.

Go Cats!

Me too, but if we can some how stay in the rebounding aspect, Duke better watch out. Cats are starting to believe, and once a team gets that swagger going...who knows.

Great job by Coach Miller this year! :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear what Tyler, aka Mr. "I hate UA more than I like ASU," has to say about our success. Or how he will spin it to mitigate these accomplishments.

Poolboy's Orangemen just lost in the 2nd round. I think he is in mourning right now. Let him be. ;)
"Our success." :lame:How many minutes did you get this year? :)

TJ

Reaction score
"Our success." :lame:How many minutes did you get this year? :)

As many as you did for the Scum Devils. And look how my team did and how yours did :D

I'm so good, I dont even need to take the court to get to the sweet 16. :raccoon:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As many as you did for the Scum Devils. And look how my team did and how yours did :D

I'm so good, I dont even need to take the court to get to the sweet 16. :raccoon:
I was just thinking the Catz seem to get to the Sweet 16 without even trying. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who knew TJ was Daniel Bejarano.

:D

TJ

Reaction score
At least got the initials right... :D I keed, I keed!

1/5 :thumbdown

Don't hate, appreciate!

Sorry if I offended you by joining UofA over ASU. Sendek did give me $100 handshakes, a brand new Camaro SS, and offered to hire my old high school coach to his staff. I just couldnt resist the allure of Sean Miller and the Proud Tradition

#uofaiswinning
#seanmillerisgod
#asuchrissecretlyrootsforuofahoops

;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1/5 :thumbdown

Don't hate, appreciate!

Sorry if I offended you by joining UofA over ASU. Sendek did give me $100 handshakes, a brand new Camaro SS, and offered to hire my old high school coach to his staff. I just couldnt resist the allure of Sean Miller and the Proud Tradition

#uofaiswinning
#seanmillerisgod
#asuchrissecretlyrootsforuofahoops

;)
:confused:

No one still thinks referencing Charlie Sheen is funny anymore. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison