Suns @ Warriors Wednesday game thread 3-30-2022

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was mentioned earlier, it's almost like Ayton was afraid to play inside.
In Ayton’s defense I watched at least 5 times he tried to setup on the block while our guards were running around with their heads cut off. The Suns seemed to get tripped up on them doubling at the top of the 3 point line. They were determined to not let Ayton get going with the pick and roll. Couple that just a miserable game and he struggled like the rest.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everything looked weird tonight because Monte didn't run many of our set plays. I guess not to give anything away. They mostly ran 3or4 plays over and over.
We were just winging it and still won.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Ayton’s defense I watched at least 5 times he tried to setup on the block while our guards were running around with their heads cut off. The Suns seemed to get tripped up on them doubling at the top of the 3 point line. They were determined to not let Ayton get going with the pick and roll. Couple that just a miserable game and he struggled like the rest.

Sixteen points and sixteen rebounds is pretty darn good but those 5 turnovers really hurt.

I think the Suns became hesitant to go to him more.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Jordan Poole was thinking but I'm very appreciative.
We'd just fouled Draymond intentionally to keep him from shooting the 3 and Booker acted like he was going to do it again on Poole so Jordan threw it up hoping for the FT's. Fortunately Devin quickly slid to the side and avoided any contact.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were very fortunate Kuminga went scoreless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then leaves himself short of timeouts at the end of the game. You get only so many.
This is a good point. But he nickel and dimed an undermanned squad that had been in a tailspin to almost beating the NBA’s best. Still think he coached a great game getting that team that close.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'd just fouled Draymond intentionally to keep him from shooting the 3 and Booker acted like he was going to do it again on Poole so Jordan threw it up hoping for the FT's. Fortunately Devin quickly slid to the side and avoided any contact.

It seemed like a reach as it was nearly a half-court shot which effectively ended the game. There was still time left on the clock.

Poole did have a great game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think so if they have Steph Playing no way Poole is scoring 38 not enough balls to go around. And again we shot terribly and Book played awful. The whole team stunk from 3 against arguably the best 3 pt shooting team in the league.
Warriors also won’t miss all those point blank layups.

We are no doubt a better team, but warriors match up well with us because Ayton doesn’t dominate them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors also won’t miss all those point blank layups.

We are no doubt a better team, but warriors match up well with us because Ayton doesn’t dominate them.

Hopefully McGee stays healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too. I don’t think he was just shooting a half court shot to shoot one. I think he was hoping to surprise us as we fouled intentionally.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything looked weird tonight because Monte didn't run many of our set plays. I guess not to give anything away. They mostly ran 3or4 plays over and over.

I will give the Warriors defense some credit for this.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm, now that you mention it your right.

ok, that does make me feel better

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too. I don’t think he was just shooting a half court shot to shoot one. I think he was hoping to surprise us as we fouled intentionally.
Yeah it wasn't a horrible idea and it gave him an outside chance at 4 points. obviously he didn't execute it well but Booker helped it along by selling the idea that he was going to foul him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anticipating the foul which I thought he was going to get but the Suns played it smart. Loved that win.

I enjoyed the win as well but that was one ugly game. Booker was really off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson