Suns vs Spurs 7:30 ESPN FSN AZ

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why? they don't give away picks and players for cash. at this point, neither has shown to be any better than the other. Without the Colangelos, Sarver has been shown to be nothing but a spend-thrift buffoon with a big foam finger.

Spendthrift? THe Suns are top 10 in payroll....get some facts

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
SA just has a better organization. It starts with scouting, and they have obviously picked the right players...

Yep got to hand it to them. As ugly as a rat Popazit is, he is the best psychological coach there is. They have been with the same group of guys for what, 5-6 seasons? Having a veteran team and a PG, SG, and C that can score consistently really helps.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Okay, who are the remaining posters who feel confident of a 4 game run?

a Philippine Basketball Assocation (PBA) team did that once.

Ginebra did it against Shell.

PBA is not the NBA.

Suns coming back from 3-0?
impossible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef recalls what we all block from memory. I would be tormented with such vivid thoughts

yes you would be. I even remember Chris Carr getting a spot-start, scoring 16 first half points in Game 4 as we had a one point lead 51-50 at the half. Then they just kicked the crap out of us in the second to end the series.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Shaq serious? This was the ugliest performance I've ever seen in my life. What a loser.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score

His cheapness in the past has haunted us. If we kept Tim Thomas, KT, JJ, James Jones, we'd have a much better team than now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So, how about those Dbacks? Totally amazing so far.... :thud:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yes you would be. I even remember Chris Carr getting a spot-start, scoring 16 first half points in Game 4 as we had a one point lead 51-50 at the half. Then they just kicked the crap out of us in the second to end the series.

Chris Carr, the MarTay Jenkins of the NBA.... the grass isn't always greener

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

here's facts - he values money over winning. Giving away draft picks and KT for nothing. Giving away draft picks for cash. Low-balling JJ. You can have this argument and point to one thing, but when you hurt your team to make money, you favor the almighty dollar more than winning and that to me is my definition of cheap. Might not be yours, but it's mine (and pretty much any rational sports fan IMO).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
a Philippine Basketball Assocation (PBA) team did that once.

Ginebra did it against Shell.

PBA is not the NBA.

Suns coming back from 3-0?
impossible.

Didn't Clutch City (Houston) do it in the NBA?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
here's facts - he values money over winning. Giving away draft picks and KT for nothing. Giving away draft picks for cash. Low-balling JJ. You can have this argument and point to one thing, but when you hurt your team to make money, you favor the almighty dollar more than winning and that to me is my definition of cheap. Might not be yours, but it's mine (and pretty much any rational sports fan IMO).

I'm with ya, cheesebeef. Go DBacks!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I dont think you read it right....Suns are top 10 in payroll.

CASE CLOSED

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think you read it right....Suns are top 10 in payroll.

CASE CLOSED

jesus man, I don't begrudge your opinion. people have different definitions of what cheap is and personally, I think valuing money at the expense of winning is cheap, even with a top ten payroll.

but hey, if it makes you feel better to say the above, be my guest.