Suns vs Spurs 7:30 ESPN FSN AZ

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
82CardsGrad;1700462 One thing is for sure. The Suns have never had championship talent. And now more than ever said:
Whaaaaat? The Suns have all the talent in the world!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they have an 8 man roster with 4 guys who literally can't even be on the court. that's as much talent as a team can buy? I disagree. it's okay to say agree to disagree. there doesn't always have to be a right and wrong in a discussion man.

Sarver is top 10 in payroll and you want insinuate he's cheap....When was Bidwill top 10 in anything?

midgetdonkey

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns need to trade Amare for someone with a brain, trade Nash for someone under 30 and trade Barbosa for someone that understands the game of basketball. Then they might have a slight chance at becoming a possible championship contender. Until then you guys are screwed.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Whaaaaat? The Suns have all the talent in the world!

You're joking, right??

The Suns have had, and still have 60 win regular season talent. That's it... They have never had post season/Championship talent... I've been saying this for years... There's a HUGE difference between winning 55-60 games each year, and winning in the Post Season.

The Suns can't and never could:

- Run their offense in the half-court
- Play defense in the half-court
- Make the key shots when it matters most
- Make the key STOP when it matters most

Amare can't play a lick of defense. Same for Nash... The Suns look demented when forced to play a half-court game (which is the post season style of play).

"Tons of Talent"??? Yea... they're fun to watch in the regular season...Yippee....

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
You and az1965 have posted the essential and incontrovertible truth that I have quite frankly been preaching on phxsuns.net for the better part of the last few years. I've lived through the frustration of the MacLeod era, the Westphal era, and now the D'Antoni era. MacLeod had his faults, too, and was locked into some likewise iffy philosophies, but at least he had the excuse of coaching a team (and in an era) that didn't offer quite the talent advantage the other two coaches had.

Frankly, I could see the problems with D'Antoni almost right from that first regular season in '05, when he refused to play the bench that season. None of the fans seemed phased by it because we had such a great regular season, but I knew it would have an effect in the playoffs. And sure enough it did when JJ went down and we were forced to play a six man rotation throughout the WCF.

And actually, I wouldn't have even minded DA's missteps so much, if he would have only at some point made even a little effort to change, adjust, or adapt his approach, or at some point at least admit that he should try something different. Ultimately, it was that out-and-out arrogance that marked and doomed (or will soon doom) his tenure here. Unfortunately, his hubris also cost the franchise, the players, and all of the fans.

And lets not even get started on Sarver. That's a whole topic for another evening.
You are right. The regular season success and then unfortunate situations past 3 years in the playoffs caused everyone to be in denial, putting blames on other stuff and not really looking at the main problem.

Then Sarver took over and suddenly we don't have talent to groom, depth on the bench, any future to look forward to.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The Suns need to trade Amare for someone with a brain, trade Nash for someone under 30 and trade Barbosa for someone that understands the game of basketball. Then they might have a slight chance at becoming a possible championship contender. Until then you guys are screwed.
You have lost it. Its not these players. Its the coaching.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver is top 10 in payroll and you want insinuate he's cheap....When was Bidwill top 10 in anything?

can't tell you anything I haven't in the last ten responses. I just disagree with what makes an owner cheap.

satex

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I'm not sure anyone could have beaten the Spurs tonight. Just one of those wierd things. Everything went right for them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I'm not sure anyone could have beaten the Spurs tonight. Just one of those wierd things. Everything went right for them.

that's what happens when a team plays no defense. I never seen so many WIDE OPEN shots in a must win in my entire life.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Funny how that happens when the other team decides not to play defense or in general, not show up...

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
I really wanted to see the Suns in the WC Finals vs my Lakers. Doesnt appear this is likely. But damn, id at least hope the Suns would put up a fight in game 4 to quell a sweep. My gawd, have some pride Amare, Shaq, Nash etc. Fight off the notion of being pretenders and make one last effort to show somebody you guys belong. I seriously thought this would be highly contested for 7 games.

That was a friggin clinic Parker put on tonight. He "toyed"...............

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I really wanted to see the Suns in the WC Finals vs my Lakers. Doesnt appear this is likely. But damn, id at least hope the Suns would put up a fight in game 4 to quell a sweep. My gawd, have some pride Amare, Shaq, Nash etc. Fight off the notion of being pretenders and make one last effort to show somebody you guys belong. I seriously thought this would be highly contested for 7 games.

That was a friggin clinic Parker put on tonight. He "toyed"...............

Parker could've had 50 tonight if he and Pop would have allowed it to happen...
I honestly can't say I have ever seen a team (Suns) so incapable of contesting the other team... It was a complete, total, utter ass-kicking...

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score

Nooooooooooooooo.........cant say that !!! The Suns poor defense played a significant part in the debacle you witnessed tonight. That which you saw tonight wasnt defense. It was a joke. Theres collegiate programs that defend better.

It really wasnt just the Spurs...............seriously. SERIOUSLY !!!!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You and az1965 have posted the essential and incontrovertible truth that I have quite frankly been preaching on phxsuns.net for the better part of the last few years. I've lived through the frustration of the MacLeod era, the Westphal era, and now the D'Antoni era. MacLeod had his faults, too, and was locked into some likewise iffy philosophies, but at least he had the excuse of coaching a team (and in an era) that didn't offer quite the talent advantage the other two coaches had.

Frankly, I could see the problems with D'Antoni almost right from that first regular season in '05, when he refused to play the bench that season. None of the fans seemed phased by it because we had such a great regular season, but I knew it would have an effect in the playoffs. And sure enough it did when JJ went down and we were forced to play a six man rotation throughout the WCF.

And actually, I wouldn't have even minded DA's missteps so much, if he would have only at some point made even a little effort to change, adjust, or adapt his approach, or at some point at least admit that he should try something different. Ultimately, it was that out-and-out arrogance that marked and doomed (or will soon doom) his tenure here. Unfortunately, his hubris also cost the franchise, the players, and all of the fans.

And lets not even get started on Sarver. That's a whole topic for another evening.
Yeah, good to hear from you. Too bad we've only got one game left.
I still get the strangest looks when i'm talking SUNS ball w/co-workers and i chide on D'Antoni's arrogance and stubborn methods of doing what HE believes is winning basketball.
Wow.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooo.........cant say that !!! The Suns poor defense played a significant part in the debacle you witnessed tonight. That which you saw tonight wasnt defense. It was a joke. Theres collegiate programs that defend better.

It really wasnt just the Spurs...............seriously. SERIOUSLY !!!!

word

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score

This is pretty much what prompted my 'Im done with the Suns' rant.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Just pathetic. Proponents of the big trade were convinced that last year's team would never get Phoenix a title, and they may have been right. But you have to admit that last year's Suns at least gave us a chance--they took us deeper into the playoffs, they looked good doing it, and never once gave the fans at USAC an excuse to boo the home team.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just pathetic. Proponents of the big trade were convinced that last year's team would never get Phoenix a title, and they may have been right. But you have to admit that last year's Suns at least gave us a chance--they took us deeper into the playoffs, they looked good doing it, and never once gave the fans at USAC an excuse to boo the home team.
Last years team sure, but this years team pre-trade was nearly as bad defensively at times as tonights defensive debacle.
Also, i still contend that D'Antoni officially lost this team after game 1.