Referees for game 3:

Steve Javie
Jim Capers
Monty McCutchen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can this team really go 0-3 in the first home game against the Spurs the last three times we've played them in the playoffs? If so, if they can NEVER show any strength or will of protecting their homecourt, it's just one more log on the Fire DA... uh... Fire.

come on guys. give me at least a couple more games to be excited before this season ends. going down 3-0 would be just beyond pathetic.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see more of the 3/2 zone defense from the SUNS. Especially when SHAQ sits and Stat and Diaw are asked to guard the Tony Ginobli penetration.
I say keep going to Shaq in the post early with better spacing on the perimeter.
SHaq is going to have to make the SPURS pay when they choose not to double down on him as well as find the open man if they do. Amare's been facing a collapsing defense whenever he gets the ball near the basket....let's hope DA has found something to counter this because we've been unable to get the SPURS in any kind of foul trouble thru 2 games thus far....which was a formula that was working well for this team as they began to find their groove late in the season. Let Shaq/Amare work in the paint and wear down the SPURS front line. SUNS are getting murdered in the points in the paint category. That shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
if we win, then we just did what everyone expects us to do. we should win this one, but game 4 will be the real challenge. I doubt we can pull that one out. we'll see, however.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well game of the year so far right here win series still alive, we lose and it's season over get ready for next year basically. I really think the suns will come out fired up and stay energized the entire game and pull out the w atleast I pray to god they can because I can't stand another loss. I just can't see us being down 3-0 to the spurs with the talent we have on this roster that would be disgusting SO COME ON SUNS PROVE US WRONG AND ACTUALLY WIN A GAME

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
I'd like to see more of the 3/2 zone defense from the SUNS. Especially when SHAQ sits and Stat and Diaw are asked to guard the Tony Ginobli penetration.
I say keep going to Shaq in the post early with better spacing on the perimeter.
SHaq is going to have to make the SPURS pay when they choose not to double down on him as well as find the open man if they do. Amare's been facing a collapsing defense whenever he gets the ball near the basket....let's hope DA has found something to counter this because we've been unable to get the SPURS in any kind of foul trouble thru 2 games thus far....which was a formula that was working well for this team as they began to find their groove late in the season. Let Shaq/Amare work in the paint and wear down the SPURS front line. SUNS are getting murdered in the points in the paint category. That shouldn't happen.

skinner should play and whack those guards that try to score in the paint

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The season pretty much rides on this game. If we lose, the only question in my mind is whether we avoid the embarassment of a sweep.

It's nice to see to see D'Antoni has the right priorities about this series :rolleyes: :
“I don’t think our defense is causing us to lose right now,” he said. “It’s our offense. We need to up the production.”

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The season pretty much rides on this game. If we lose, the only question in my mind is whether we avoid the embarassment of a sweep.

It's nice to see to see D'Antoni has the right priorities about this series :rolleyes: :
“I don’t think our defense is causing us to lose right now,” he said. “It’s our offense. We need to up the production.”

haha I guess he's saying "we just need to keep shooting 61% for the whole game then everything will be fine"

what a *******.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
haha I guess he's saying "we just need to keep shooting 61% for the whole game then everything will be fine"

what a *******.

I think he's saying more along the lines of "We need to shoot better than 20% in the second half or there's no way we can win."

Which is true.

We would have been fine if that game if we didn't have a 11 point third quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
according to the Trib, Hill's gonna play tonight.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I cursed this team last game by making a prediction, which I never do.

But nevertheless we gotta win this thing. We have come so close in the last two games that we are capable of pulling one off especially on our home court. We just need to be focused and not make costly errors. We have enough veteran leadership on this team that an 0-2 deficit should hardly effect anyone's psyche.

One game at a time boys.

GO SUNS