Suns vs Jazz thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the murderer's row opening schedule could put us in a hole if this team continues to play like crap. even in the win against the Clips, we didn't look like the Suns.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Far from calling "elite" team. What? Championship? Yeah right.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Maybe it is good that D'Antoni sees some guys just are not prime time players early in the season, that doesn't mean they don't play but at the end of the game you have to be able to hit layups and freethrows or else your other statistic really don't matter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's new, blowing a big lead is a common thing for the Suns. Not trying to be down, but its just because of the run and gun style.

our "depth" was supposed to take care of that. and when you're blowing big leads like that with increased regularity, that's a bad sign - especially to medicore teams.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
D'Antoni needs to play Stat more he is a presence on the floor and Diaw for that matter he is playing way to small of a lineup its rediculous and not giving any burn to Jurmaine Jones he also gives us some size and can shoot but not if you dont play him 10 min a game... I love the way he coaches but his substution patterns have always perplexed me and are starting to frustrate me. Oh well we will see how he adjusts but right now i dont think he is putting people in position to succeed particuallary Amare... He needs consistent minutes in streches not come in come out... Diaw needs more time as well...JMO

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the same start the suns had last year. they could really use one of those "eddie house puts the team on his back in the 4th quarter" games right now.

OP
OP
Nash

Nash

Reaction score
we took just 78 shots compared to 81 by UT.
out-rebounded by 15.
total O rbs - 4

that pretty much tells the story.
i want to puke. :barf:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the same start the suns had last year. they could really use one of those "eddie house puts the team on his back in the 4th quarter" games right now.

they don't have the shooters they did last year - House and JR both were huge until Kurt went down and then TT completely picked up the slack from House and JR when they went AWOL. Now, House is gone, JR stinks and there's no TT - thus, the scariest part of our game, the ability ot spread the floor and nail the three has been gone and thus the O is struggling as well.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
D'Antoni needs to play Stat more he is a presence on the floor and Diaw for that matter he is playing way to small of a lineup its rediculous and not giving any burn to Jurmaine Jones he also gives us some size and can shoot but not if you dont play him 10 min a game... I love the way he coaches but his substution patterns have always perplexed me and are starting to frustrate me. Oh well we will see how he adjusts but right now i dont think he is putting people in position to succeed particuallary Amare... He needs consistent minutes in streches not come in come out... Diaw needs more time as well...JMO

I agree, he seems to be panicking a bit this season. He has for some reason falling inlove with Kurt Thomas. Kurt's a nice player, but he certainly is not a shut down defense presence nor is he exactly going to get you big points in the end of games.

I think D'Anotni just doesn't have any faith in Amare this season, maybe he is just thinking back to last season or hoping Barbosa is the new go to, but he is going to be forced to look at his current ranking of players and make the adustments or risk facing a hell storm.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I am frustrated that we are not getting Amare the ball when he is in there. He was running the floor but not getting rewarded for it. Not to high on Marcus Banks in this game in particular. He was 0 for 8 with one assist and he seems to force his shots and does not get Amare or anyone else the ball on a regular basis. Why are we not playing Amare and Kurt together at times? I thought that was the plan when we traded for Kurt. It would open it up for Amare inside if Kurt was shooting the fifteen foot jumper like he does so well. I also hate giving up these leads and getting outrebounded. Hope Diaw shows up sometime this year also.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I am frustrated that we are not getting Amare the ball when he is in there. He was running the floor but not getting rewarded for it. Not to high on Marcus Banks in this game in particular. He was 0 for 8 with one assist and he seems to force his shots and does not get Amare or anyone else the ball on a regular basis. Why are we not playing Amare and Kurt together at times? I thought that was the plan when we traded for Kurt. It would open it up for Amare inside if Kurt was shooting the fifteen foot jumper like he does so well. I also hate giving up these leads and getting outrebounded. Hope Diaw shows up sometime this year also.

Careful, I tried to rip on Marcus Bank earlier and it didn't go over well. Of course I might just be correct too.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We tried to play small way too much. At the end of the game when Raja fouled out (on a crap call), DA put Banks in the game to guard Harpring, who took him down low and got 4 quick points and a ft with banks trying to guard him (which wiped out our lead). Then DA tried James Jones and he got beat by Harpring for a layup and a ft. Meanwhile, Diaw & Amare were sitting on the bench and AK47 had fouled out. One of those guys should've been in so Marion could've moved over to the hot hand (Harpring).

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
We tried to play small way too much. At the end of the game when Raja fouled out (on a crap call), DA put Banks in the game to guard Harpring, who took him down low and got 4 quick points and a ft with banks trying to guard him (which wiped out our lead). Then DA tried James Jones and he got beat by Harpring for a layup and a ft. Meanwhile, Diaw & Amare were sitting on the bench and AK47 had fouled out. One of those guys should've been in so Marion could've moved over to the hot hand (Harpring).

i agree. i was kinda puzzled seeing JR in there at the end. coach d must really be upset with diaw. at least amare brings in some shotblocking down low. we got outrebounded by 16. oh well it happens. we just dont have the big bodies down low to get them. the thing hurting us is our shooting. 41% from the field and 29% from 3pt range. ugh...

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

Clearly, D'Anotini is out thinking himelf. Just play Diaw, you can't just never play him, we know he is a good player he just needs to work it out I am starting to think the same for Amare.

If you are going to lose then lose with guys that have an actual upside for God sakes.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Thanks Treesquid.;) We don't seem to be pushing the ball as fast as last year or is it just me? I don't know if Jalen Rose will help right away but I hope he can shoot better than JR has so far this season. I hope Diaw is not content with his money and not going to play as hard as last year. Maybe he is just tired from playing this summer because he isn't even getting the assists this year. Everyone looks horrible shooting the ball also. Considering how well we did last year with shooting. Da## new ball!:bang: Oh well, tomorrow is another game, hope we play much better than tonight!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Thanks Treesquid.;) We don't seem to be pushing the ball as fast as last year or is it just me? I don't know if Jalen Rose will help right away but I hope he can shoot better than JR has so far this season. I hope Diaw is not content with his money and not going to play as hard as last year. Maybe he is just tired from playing this summer because he isn't even getting the assists this year. Everyone looks horrible shooting the ball also. Considering how well we did last year with shooting. Da## new ball!:bang: Oh well, tomorrow is another game, hope we play much better than tonight!

Ya, even if we don't win just play Diaw and Stat. Let the experiements die please.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stat couldn't have come back in at the end of the game. They wrapped him in ice once he came out of the game in the 4th qtr. Diaw definately should've been in there once Raja got his 6th foul.

Banks shot sucked tonight, but I liked his defense on Deron Williams.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
The team that wanted it more won this game. It all starts on the D end, and Utah got the stops.

- PHX looks out of sync. Just not clicking on all cylinders. Why is this occurring? Seems to me that some players are coasting... Nash included.

"Damn the regular season, and bring on the playoffs" is a dangerous attitude. Mike D needs to share some of the blame. While he's getting his number retired in Italy, Boris Diaw is off in the corner getting fat on french fries. Their play so far has the feel of a country club atmosphere.

- Mike D needs to get straight with Amare. Amare needs to start feeling some love. Quit pussying around with his minutes, and run his ass into the ground. If he's not exerting enough energy on the court, then sit him.

Mike D and Nash need to quit kidding themselves. This team IS Amare. Get him the ball every time down the floor (exaggerating). So far, Nash has not been looking for him. I get the feeling Nash is trying to prove some kind of point about the Suns not needing Amare.

- Better win in L.A. tomorrow, or this team is going to get pounded by the media. And, the finger-pointing will start.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The team that wanted it more won this game. It all starts on the D end, and Utah got the stops.

- PHX looks out of sync. Just not clicking on all cylinders. Why is this occurring? Seems to me that some players are coasting... Nash included.

"Damn the regular season, and bring on the playoffs" is a dangerous attitude. Mike D needs to share some of the blame. While he's getting his number retired in Italy, Boris Diaw is off in the corner getting fat on french fries. Their play so far has the feel of a country club atmosphere.

- Mike D needs to get straight with Amare. Amare needs to start feeling some love. Quit pussying around with his minutes, and run his ass into the ground. If he's not exerting enough energy on the court, then sit him.

Mike D and Nash need to quit kidding themselves. This team IS Amare. Get him the ball every time down the floor (exaggerating). So far, Nash has not been looking for him. I get the feeling Nash is trying to prove some kind of point about the Suns not needing Amare.

- Better win in L.A. tomorrow, or this team is going to get pounded by the media. And, the finger-pointing will start.

Sly this is an excellent observation and one I also made but was afriad to say.

I noticed as soon as Thomas came in for Amare Nash went to him on the pick an roll twice in a row.