Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I wonder whether the Warriors will ever get it together and beat the Suns, because if they don't, the only other team clearly better than the Suns is the Bucks. I suspect that the Warriors have had an intractable chemistry problem ever since Draymond Green beat up Jordan Poole.
I think the Draymond/chemistry is a real factor but Wiseman looking like a bust is a real problem for them. They got a gift being horrible for a year and blew the #2 pick.

Steph is averaging 31/7/7 but he can’t do it alone. Klay is averaging the 2nd most shots but has more shots than points. Wiggins is good but Steph and Poole will have no go nuclear to get a high seed again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are not many players available.

I think Crowder should honor his contract and return. Then if he wants to be traded later in the season the Suns can still seek a trade up until the trade deadline.
From the last interview I heard, doesn't sound like Crowder is forcing his way out. The Suns decided to move on. So, the Suns should be on the phone with him right now or go into OT trying to move him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the last interview I heard, doesn't sound like Crowder is forcing his way out. The Suns decided to move on. So, the Suns should be on the phone with him right now or go into OT trying to move him.

The problem is there aren't a lot of good trade options at the moment and Crowder may still want the extension.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is there aren't a lot of good trade options at the moment and Crowder may still want the extension.
That's why I think they need to open dialogue with him. Ask him to play and they will explore trade options. That would at least fill the temporary gap.

P.S. This sure feels like in years the Suns are contenders? Injuries is our thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I think they need to open dialogue with him. Ask him to play and they will explore trade options. That would at least fill the temporary gap.

P.S. This sure feels like in years the Suns are contenders? Injuries is our thing.

I tend to think the Suns have already been there and done that. They have allowed Crowder's camp to seek a trade.

It's up to Crowder to take the next step.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Crowder isn't dealt or doesn't return within the next week then James Jones is at fault. This shouldn't have lingered so far into the season anyways but now that it has and Cam is out for at least 6-8 weeks, this falls entirely on Jones' shoulders.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
If Crowder isn't dealt or doesn't return within the next week then James Jones is at fault. This shouldn't have lingered so far into the season anyways but now that it has and Cam is out for at least 6-8 weeks, this falls entirely on Jones' shoulders.
It will be interesting to see. Is he being held back from a smaller trade so he’s part of a bigger deal?

Seems like a swap for a few bench guys might not move the needle too much.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t have much faith in Jones after b2b trade deadline failures but we don’t know how much freedom he has to make deals right now. The Suns might be stuck for the time being because of the sale process. Sarver may also be in F-y’all mode as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the trade for Durant dream is still alive.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to think the Suns have already been there and done that. They have allowed Crowder's camp to seek a trade.

It's up to Crowder to take the next step.
I don’t think they have done that at all. Sounds like they decided to move on and that’s it. If that’s the case Crowder’s camp doesn’t have much choice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they have done that at all. Sounds like they decided to move on and that’s it. If that’s the case Crowder’s camp doesn’t have much choice.

You don't think the Suns wanted Crowder to play this season?

There was a dispute and both sides decided to handle it this way.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think the Suns wanted Crowder to play this season?

There was a dispute and both sides decided to handle it this way.
No. I think the Suns said we won’t extend you and they agreed to part ways. The Suns had intended to give Cam J those minutes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just dubious of this.
They had very little choice IMO if they planned on keeping Cam J via extension. There was no shot of resigning him to extension for a bench role. Bridges is locked at SF. Suns had to move him into starting role or someone would when he became a UFA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I think the Suns said we won’t extend you and they agreed to part ways. The Suns had intended to give Cam J those minutes.

I think the Suns didn't want chemistry issues while they are trying to trade Crowder.

They didn't want to have a disgruntled player around.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone has their own theory regarding why Crowder isn't playing. Blame the Suns, blame Jae, blame JJ, blame Ayton, hell blame Obama. It doesn't matter at this point, the Suns need a PF and knowing Jae is being paid to sit at home right now while Cam is hurt doesn't help the team, at all. They need to figure out a solution ASAP. Hopefully a losing streak isn't what it takes to shine a brighter light on the issue but I'm afraid it may come to that considering the lack of frontcourt talent available to use right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is out there. The Suns have an empty roster spot even without a trade. Carmelo Anthony anyone?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is out there. The Suns have an empty roster spot even without a trade. Carmelo Anthony anyone?

The Lakers are the most desperate team for outside shooting, maybe in NBA history, they've had Carmelo for 2 years... they don't want him in the least.

I think the book is out on him. The terrible defending, the snail paced offense, the drama, the baggage... none of it is worth some decent shooting when put in absolutely ideal circumstances.

The defending I suspect is the biggest problem. He doesn't even try on that end and he isn't even close to good enough to excuse it anymore.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone has their own theory regarding why Crowder isn't playing. Blame the Suns, blame Jae, blame JJ, blame Ayton, hell blame Obama. It doesn't matter at this point, the Suns need a PF and knowing Jae is being paid to sit at home right now while Cam is hurt doesn't help the team, at all. They need to figure out a solution ASAP. Hopefully a losing streak isn't what it takes to shine a brighter light on the issue but I'm afraid it may come to that considering the lack of frontcourt talent available to use right now.
So are you in favor the team starts fining him if he doesn't show up?

I am of the opinion that if he is dead set against playing for us, his presence could very well do more harm than good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team as is can still easily be a top 3 or 4 team in the West up till the deadline.

I am not in favor of doing anything rash to get the one or two seed, since that homecourt advantage proved to be pretty useless last year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are the most desperate team for outside shooting, maybe in NBA history, they've had Carmelo for 2 years... they don't want him in the least.

I think the book is out on him. The terrible defending, the snail paced offense, the drama, the baggage... none of it is worth some decent shooting when put in absolutely ideal circumstances.

The defending I suspect is the biggest problem. He doesn't even try on that end and he isn't even close to good enough to excuse it anymore.

I believe LaMarcus Aldridge is still out there as well.

However, it's looking like the Suns may wait until December 15th through the trade deadline to make an addition.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I believe LaMarcus Aldridge is still out there as well.

However, it's looking like the Suns may until December 15th through the trade deadline to make an addition.
Or not. It's hard to tell with Jones sometimes. I'm sure ownership up in the air doesn't help either.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or not. It's hard to tell with Jones sometimes. I'm sure ownership up in the air doesn't help either.

Predicting what James Jones will do is like picking the winning lottery numbers.

Still, I think he will add at least one or more players to the roster.

He has a knack of pulling players out of midair for minimal assets. I think he will get some use out of Jae Crowder.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So are you in favor the team starts fining him if he doesn't show up?

I am of the opinion that if he is dead set against playing for us, his presence could very well do more harm than good.

If they fined him for not showing up then that would answer some questions as far as who instigated this stalemate. I'd be in favor of it if Jae is the one holding out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn