Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Flex From Jersey for joining a weekly segment on PHNX Sports called 'The Flex Appeal.' It will provide information on the Phoenix Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Why thank him here and not on his Twitter?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never joined twitter but I wanted to update Suns fans about Flex's new involvement with PHNX Sports.
Gotcha. Seem like a bunch of free advertising for Flex lately on the forum. LOL.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Seem like a bunch of free advertising for Flex lately on the forum. LOL.

It goes back to a September 3rd tweet. I'm glad it happened for him.

People are not always kind on twitter when you predict things and they don't happen immediately like the Thad Young trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex took one correct prediction and parlayed that into a job covering the Suns. I respect the hustle but we'll see how long he can keep it.

I don't mean to sound negative but he hasn't had any other scoops since the Paul trade. Everything he's predicted or hinted at has been incorrect. He kept working away though and somehow convinced people he was a legit source and that's not easy to do. Maybe now he'll quit presenting his thoughts or wishes as facts or predictions. It seems like he's been angling to become a personality like Dave King and Espo from the beginning while he tried to say he had connections and was the Suns own personal Woj.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now there is more news about podcasts than Suns news. This will change any day now with Training Camp about to open. We just need to remain patient. Soon we will be flooded with Suns and NBA news.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now there is more news about podcasts than Suns news. This will change any day now with Training Camp about to open. We just need to remain patient. Soon we will be flooded with Suns and NBA news.

This time of the year is always slow. However McD would make moves right around training camp time somewhat regularly. Most other GM's don't. However McD doing something shouldn't mean others should follow but it did condition Suns fans to expect movement this time of the year.

I believe the league is in a standstill of sorts also because of the pending Ben Simmons deal. Its coming sooner than later since he's said he won't report to training camp. Whenever big name/money players are dealt there are a lot of moving pieces and teams like the Suns are smart to sit and wait because they can benefit sneaking in on those deals to grab a veteran that isn't highly regarded that is being moved more for their salary than their talent.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex took one correct prediction and parlayed that into a job covering the Suns. I respect the hustle but we'll see how long he can keep it.

I don't mean to sound negative but he hasn't had any other scoops since the Paul trade. Everything he's predicted or hinted at has been incorrect. He kept working away though and somehow convinced people he was a legit source and that's not easy to do. Maybe now he'll quit presenting his thoughts or wishes as facts or predictions. It seems like he's been angling to become a personality like Dave King and Espo from the beginning while he tried to say he had connections and was the Suns own personal Woj.
This. I guess if you throw a bunch of noodles against the wall enough times something is bound to stick. I will have to find it but someone on social media pointed out all the crap he has just put out there in the past. Meh...I will stick with the big name insiders who have a track record. This dude has gotten enough free publicity here and elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I guess if you throw a bunch of noodles against the wall enough times something is bound to stick. I will have to find it but someone on social media pointed out all the crap he has just put out there in the past. Meh...I will stick with the big name insiders who have a track record. This dude has gotten enough free publicity here and elsewhere.

Maybe you should check out Shams Charania on twitter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This time of the year is always slow. However McD would make moves right around training camp time somewhat regularly. Most other GM's don't. However McD doing something shouldn't mean others should follow but it did condition Suns fans to expect movement this time of the year.

I believe the league is in a standstill of sorts also because of the pending Ben Simmons deal. Its coming sooner than later since he's said he won't report to training camp. Whenever big name/money players are dealt there are a lot of moving pieces and teams like the Suns are smart to sit and wait because they can benefit sneaking in on those deals to grab a veteran that isn't highly regarded that is being moved more for their salary than their talent.

It could be the Ben Simmons rumored traded is slowing things down or the 60 day waiting period that applies to some trades. Of course the Suns might decide to add a player near the trade deadline or during buyouts. Also I've been thinking the Suns might add a player or two for Training Camp.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a snippet from the first of a two part article about Jarrett Jack joing the Suns as an assistant coach.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Jack said a handful of NBA teams reached out to him about joining their staffs, but respectfully declined to name those organizations.

“People get sensitive based on certain decision that you make sometimes,” he said.

Jack later said he was even offered a head coaching job, but added he turned it down in large part because he hadn’t been a coach on any level.

“I was flattered by it,” said Jack, who respectfully declined to reveal the head coaching offer. “I have a lot of respect for the craft and a lot of people were like, ‘You can take it. They would insulate you and you would learn as you go,' but my thinking was, if I’m learning as I go, then there are some holes in some areas that I can’t properly serve the players, in my humble opinion. When and if I’m able to get an opportunity such as that, I want my game to be air tight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? It's a parody account right? At least that account is trying to be funny. :lol:

I'm not sure what you are saying. Shams Charania confirmed the Suns had interest in Thad Young.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are saying. Shams Charania confirmed the Suns had interest in Thad Young.

Sorry was thinking of another account on Twitter that makes fun of all of these "insiders" and all the crap they throw at the wall. I think I have read this guy before because I have read some stuff from The Athletic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another snippet from the second of the two part article about Jarrett Jack.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

“My first order of business is blowing the whistle and making him run. I got to make him do a suicide. That would be hilarious. CP has seen just about any and everything there is playing the position, right, and CP is so smart and innovative. Obviously, we’ll bounce ideas off each other and that’s not my job. My job, the way I see it, isn’t to tell everybody what to do.

"I think you watch first, kind of see how people operate, and then maybe if you have a tip or two or three or whatever, then you try to implement that as well as looking at what they do well already. Trying to overcomplicate this thing or reinvent this thing, or act like you have all the answers to everything? I don’t think that’s an honest way to approach it. That seems like too drastic because this game is very simple to me."

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goin out of my mind waiting for any Suns news. Cant wait for the season to get underway.
Do the Suns have a videographer? I want to see more videos of the bench reactions, practice, celebrations etc. I love that stuff.
Suns in 98

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goin out of my mind waiting for any Suns news. Cant wait for the season to get underway.
Do the Suns have a videographer? I want to see more videos of the bench reactions, practice, celebrations etc. I love that stuff.
Suns in 98

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet.

Unless he can put on at least 15-20 pounds and keep it on (which he hasn't been able to do to date), I hope none of this suggests his future in the NBA is at power forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We could use a big pf to replace Saric, it not because Cam is a bad option there. It's because there are times when we need a bigger presence. It's about versatility.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker comes in 15 and Chis Paul 13 in ESPN's top 100. The Suns have other players in the top 100 like Deandre Ayton, IIRC, at 37.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We could use a big pf to replace Saric, it not because Cam is a bad option there. It's because there are times when we need a bigger presence. It's about versatility.

Against teams with a true power forward, which are at least half of the teams in the NBA. Cam IS a bad option there, as we saw in the playoffs and especially the Finals. He just doesn't
have the bulk, strength or athleticism to match up there. That is WHY we need the versatility of having someone on the roster at the 4 who can provide that bigger presence.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it gets done, adding a power forward, but sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football in my optimism.

I don't think James Jones is blind to the situation. It could well be a trade is already agreed upon and we are waiting on NBA rules to allow it to proceed.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam and Chowder are fine for the regular season. We need a true PF at full stride, on board and willing to take a bullet for Booker or CP3 by the time the playoffs come around.

Sooner rather than later please.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose