OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 9 road b2b’s and 1 home b2b?

It’ll be interesting to see how that compares to other teams…

At first glance it looks totally unbalanced.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I like the national coverage but I wonder if Bally Sports Arizona is going to be carrying all the local games.
Now it is changing from AT&T back to DirecTV at the end of the month. So now we have to wonder if they will keep Bally's, or if Bally's will keep the games.....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns preseason schedule is out. It consists of four games: @ Kings Oct. 4; Lakers Oct. 6; @ Lakers Oct. 10; Trail Blazers Oct. 13.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was surprised Kobe wasn't on that list. He averaged 25.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, and 4.7 apg.

I don't get why people seek out stats like that. Using whole numbers would have added 1 or 2 more guys and doesn't take away from Booker's achievement, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised Kobe wasn't on that list. He averaged 25.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, and 4.7 apg.

I don't get why people seek out stats like that. Using whole numbers would have added 1 or 2 more guys and doesn't take away from Booker's achievement, IMO.

Really? Because I live for those moments when they tell you that Booker's 3 point basket with 2 minutes to play puts him in a group with Jordan, Bird and Kobe as the only players to make a 3 point basket on a Thursday night during an April snowstorm from the left side of the court in a game where they scored at least 30 points, grabbed more than 6.1 rebounds along with at least 3.7 assists while playing more than 39.5 minutes in a losing cause.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Because I live for those moments when they tell you that Booker's 3 point basket with 2 minutes to play puts him in a group with Jordan, Bird and Kobe as the only players to make a 3 point basket on a Thursday night during an April snowstorm from the left side of the court in a game where they scored at least 30 points, grabbed more than 6.1 rebounds along with at least 3.7 assists while playing more than 39.5 minutes in a losing cause.

My point exactly. Where do you draw the line?

Its not hurting Booker to include Kobe on the list and be a little more straight forward by saying players with 5+ rebounds and 4+ assists but Kobe ranking below Book leads me to believe with the same criteria someone would be above him, making the list look less impressive.

I like stats but when you need to start it using fractions of stats then it shows how flawed the argument is. No one can get a half a rebound or assist in a game so why highlight an unachievable mark? I get too worked up over things like that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns get a little love from the NBA.COM Pre-Season Western Conference Power Rankings, landing at the #1 spot above the Lakers.

That's Interesting that McGee was #2 in opponents FG% in the paint at 48%. For reference Ayton was 58%. I didn't count where Ayton's actual spot was but he was around 30th based on how many players were between them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Flex From Jersey will be doing something new Suns related. I enjoy his enthusiasm.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some other stuff floating around.

By Jake Fischer, Bleacher Report, September 2, 2021:

Underneath Langdon, Pelicans assistant general manager Bryson Graham continues to be mentioned as a rising executive in the NBA. Graham, Nets assistant general manager Jeff Peterson and Hawks assistant general manager Landry Fields were the three names most linked with Boston's GM vacancy under Stevens. Graham has recently been linked by league sources as a candidate to join Phoenix's front office under James Jones after the departure of Jeff Bower.

Graham is known to have a strong relationship with Suns head coach Monty Williams. He's primarily draft-focused and has collected valuable intel for New Orleans when it comes to evaluating prospects.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It looks like Flex From Jersey will be doing something new Suns related. I enjoy his enthusiasm.

He’s nothing more than a super fan who reads the RealGM trade boards. He is a positive voice regarding the Suns who probably has the chops to do podcasts or handle himself on pregame/postgame spots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s nothing more than a super fan who reads the RealGM trade boards. He is a positive voice regarding the Suns who probably has the chops to do podcasts or handle himself on pregame/postgame spots.

Flex is a super fan indeed with perhaps some source for information although it's not 100%.

Actually no one in the media I know really knows what the Suns are doing until it's announced. James Jones runs a tight ship.

I do enjoy reading and listening to some of his stuff for for the fun of it realizing the limitations. I've noticed he responds to almost all his tweets so I give him props for that. Twitter world can be very tough when things don't go as planned.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chandler Hutch

Still not a power forward, and not much of a player, but on a two-way deal at least it kind of, sort of shows that Sarver isn't putting ALL of the money in his pocket...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson