Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am confused about this timeline. 6-8 weeks for this type of an injury seems very excessive. I could understand six weeks if they needed to go in there, but even with surgery, 8 weeks is not reasonable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why the Suns will be all right. They have players who care.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am confused about this timeline. 6-8 weeks for this type of an injury seems very excessive. I could understand six weeks if they needed to go in there, but even with surgery, 8 weeks is not reasonable.

I think the Suns would prefer to err on the high side than be overly optimistic.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Good ole Flex lol. We shall see if this comes to fruition. I’d like for CP3 to come back for the last few games of the regular season if possible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good ole Flex lol. We shall see if this comes to fruition. I’d like for CP3 to come back for the last few games of the regular season if possible.
That guy predicted ABC might MOVE GAME 1 OF THE WCF because CP3 got Covid.

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
certainly, if others step up, the experience will be a positive, even if we start losing more games. but the downside is undeniable. we were definitely peaking. Paul was carving up teams in 4th quarters with our shooters moving so well in anticipation of him finding them. And it will take time to get that chemistry back, when he does get back.

my other concern is how the return timeline coincidentally coincides with the end of the regular season. if the prediction was even longer, i think they'd still say 6 to 8 weeks so that we all don't panic -- and it seems like Paul's desire is so strong, he'd naturally want to downplay it

i jammed my thumb playing basketball when i was a 13 and the pain lasted over a year whenever i moved it back. i didn't have treatment and i didn't have strong hands to begin with. i still played with the pain, but i surely was fearful of contact with the ball or another player

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That guy predicted ABC might MOVE GAME 1 OF THE WCF because CP3 got Covid.
I think everyone is being too hard on Nostradumbass. I mean if it takes only 4 to 6 instead of 6 to 8 weeks nobody would have seen that coming. If not? Who could possibly predict the Suns being overly cautious.

Pfffft. Amateur prognosticators/insiders.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
certainly, if others step up, the experience will be a positive, even if we start losing more games. but the downside is undeniable. we were definitely peaking. Paul was carving up teams in 4th quarters with our shooters moving so well in anticipation of him finding them. And it will take time to get that chemistry back, when he does get back.

my other concern is how the return timeline coincidentally coincides with the end of the regular season. if the prediction was even longer, i think they'd still say 6 to 8 weeks so that we all don't panic -- and it seems like Paul's desire is so strong, he'd naturally want to downplay it

i jammed my thumb playing basketball when i was a 13 and the pain lasted over a year whenever i moved it back. i didn't have treatment and i didn't have strong hands to begin with. i still played with the pain, but i surely was fearful of contact with the ball or another player
This is the biggest issue. It’s an injury to his everything hand. And a hand that will be slapped at and hit repeatedly coming back.

I’m so damn bummed over here.

Last edited:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed. Stupid.
So I’m watching CP3’s interview with the Knuckleheads and he talked about in his pre-draft workout, New Orleans wanted him to workout and he told his agent no. His agent then said, well they’re going to draft you anyway lol. And we all know how stubborn CP3 is…haha. The grass isn’t always greener.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver lining on another wise cloudy Suns day... I’ve been reading one story after another about All-Star players just RAVING about Monty Williams. Moving forward, if we can maintain a certain standard of competency post CP3 era, with Monty as the head of the snake, he could be a big factor down the road trying to revamp with free agents down the road.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Silver lining on another wise cloudy Suns day... I’ve been reading one story after another about All-Star players just RAVING about Monty Williams. Moving forward, if we can maintain a certain standard of competency post CP3 era, with Monty as the head of the snake, he could be a big factor down the road trying to revamp with free agents down the road.

Yeah we've finally found our Cotton of this generation. I can see him sticking around the organization for a long time. Definitely the best hire of the Sarver era.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Case in point:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monty Williams played a huge role in building the Suns culture. He is the perfect coach for the job and has earned the respect of the players.

Also I think we have to give James Jones a lot of credit for laying the foundation: putting the team together, hiring the coaches and adding the right players. This is part of the Suns culture as well.

Additionally, the new training facility played a huge role. Although this may not no be a popular topic, this doesn't happen without the support of Robert Sarver.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah we've finally found our Cotton of this generation. I can see him sticking around the organization for a long time. Definitely the best hire of the Sarver era.
Hopefully.

What is his contract situation, because I could see some other franchises throwing a lot of money at him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams signed a 5 year contract with the Suns in May, 2019.

Hopefully he will be extended this summer if not earlier.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully.

What is his contract situation, because I could see some other franchises throwing a lot of money at him.
Sarver gets far too much blame when it involves going cheap with players. Sarver gets far too little blame when it involves going cheap with Coaches, GM's and all other non-playing employees. I think Monty is a very loyal type and won't be job hunting (or listening) while he's still employed but I also think he'd walk away in a hurry if Robert low-balled him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sarver gets far too much blame when it involves going cheap with players. Sarver gets far too little blame when it involves going cheap with Coaches, GM's and all other non-playing employees. I think Monty is a very loyal type and won't be job hunting (or listening) while he's still employed but I also think he's walk away in a hurry if Robert low-balled him.
While I don't expect Sarver to go way above and beyond with a contract offer, I do think he will likely offer up a contract that is in line with the best coaches in the league. If not than he really hasn't learned from his past mistakes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don't expect Sarver to go way above and beyond with a contract offer, I do think he will likely offer up a contract that is in line with the best coaches in the league. If not than he really hasn't learned from his past mistakes.
I think he's learned a lot from past mistakes but I have my doubts whether it extends to his belief that you only pay NBA type money to the on court talent. It helps that there is no direct comparison in the business world to the Head Coach position so maybe he'll pay comparable to other NBA franchises. I guess I'd more concerned about losping JJ now that I think about it since there is a business comp for that slot.