Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny he was my first thought too. But his hawks made the playoffs in almost all his seasons and won four series. Beal has only made playoffs half the time.

And the East was a helluva lot better back then than now.

But I CAN think of a more irrelevant star.

Demarcus Cousins. Different position, but he got a ton of attention with virtually zero results. Dude spent 4-5 years putting up numbers that would get him MVP consideration but he was doing it on a trash team, getting himself ejected once every few weeks and playing garbage defense. Beal has had some playoff runs where he played very well, in what little playoff basketball Cousins has seen he has only served as a target for opposing offenses to brutalize.

They hype when Cousins got traded to the Pelicans to unite with Davis was pretty damn big... and they got worse... up until Cousins got hurt, then they got better.

The jury is out on Beal, I think he is not an empty stat player on a bad team, I think he is merely on a bad team that got cursed by John Wall's injuries and terrible roster management. I think he could have a big impact elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams is Coach of the Month for January, 2022.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't know if true, but I just read somewhere, that Eric Gordon's last year isn't guaranteed UNLESS his team wins the championship. Then it becomes guaranteed. I've never heard of that in a contract before. And I don't know if that is accurate or not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked for a contract clause on Eric Gordon. I'm not sure if the championship part transfers if he is traded.

I don't think Gordon has made an All-Star team.

From CBS Sports by Sam Quinn, August 31, 2019:

Eric Gordon has agreed to a four-year, $75.6 million contract extension with the Houston Rockets, as first reported by Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski broke down the terms of the deal: $16.9 million in the 2020-21 season, $18.2 million in the 2021-22 season, and $19.6 in the 2022-23 season. The fourth season, which is non-guaranteed, would pay him $20.9 million. That season becomes guaranteed if Gordon makes an All-Star team or the Rockets win a championship during the life of the deal.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I went back and looked for a contract clause on Eric Gordon. I'm not sure if the championship part transfers if he is traded.

I don't think Gordon has made an All-Star team.

From CBS Sports by Sam Quinn, August 31, 2019:

Eric Gordon has agreed to a four-year, $75.6 million contract extension with the Houston Rockets, as first reported by Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski broke down the terms of the deal: $16.9 million in the 2020-21 season, $18.2 million in the 2021-22 season, and $19.6 in the 2022-23 season. The fourth season, which is non-guaranteed, would pay him $20.9 million. That season becomes guaranteed if Gordon makes an All-Star team or the Rockets win a championship during the life of the deal.

Weird clause. But, I don't really care if it transfers or not. If Phoenix wins the championship I'm sure they're more than happy to pay that extra year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point Gordon might just want to first, win a championship.

Second, boost his stock so he can lock up one last contract

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a surprise coming from SAS. He was a skeptic during the early part of the season. Maybe a leopard can change it's spots?
I think it's a balancing act on his part. He and the rest of the talking heads are in large part responsible for the poor attention paid to the Suns which contributed to the situation we now see - the best team in the NBA by far has no all star starters.

Anyway, it costs him nothing to push Paul and Devin's name out there just like he pushed for Dragic getting attention when he was likewise snubbed as a Sun. That belated push led to Goran making an All NBA team which was probably a slight overreaction - I fear we'll see the same thing this year with Booker adding an All NBA team to his resume.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's a balancing act on his part. He and the rest of the talking heads are in large part responsible for the poor attention paid to the Suns which contributed to the situation we now see - the best team in the NBA by far has no all star starters.

Anyway, it costs him nothing to push Paul and Devin's name out there just like he pushed for Dragic getting attention when he was likewise snubbed as a Sun. That belated push led to Goran making an All NBA team which was probably a slight overreaction - I fear we'll see the same thing this year with Booker adding an All NBA team to his resume.

Booker is more deserving of All-NBA honors than Dragic. He's a better player on both ends and does more to help the team win.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does Donkey from Shrek get in?

Really 3 people from the second best team

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member